Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

7 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

absolutely cannot believe i'm about to defend these god awful single artworks / covers BUT.... little theory incoming :hooker:....

does anyone else feel like maybe the artworks intentionally progress in rawness and 'ugliness' according to how revealing the songs they belong to are? for example, Blue Banisters is def a personal song but it's fairly "happy" with a sweet message. i remember when we all speculated whether or not the bruised look on her chest was intentional, i for one just thought it was a symptom of the filter she was using - but now, with the other artworks there, i can see it's intentional. still, it's not overly obvious, her face looks pretty and "normal", that kinda thing.

then we have Wildflower Wildfire: there are intensely obvious bruises on her chest and neck area, her face is distorted in a subtle uncanny valley type way. similarly the lyrics of the song take on a slightly darker theme and they're more revealing than the lyrics of Blue Banisters.

finally, Text Book is the most revealing and arguably upsetting song of all, and with it comes an artwork with amped up darkness and ugliness - her face is more distorted, her bruises are darker and more numerous.

it's giving a lil bit of FKA Twigs x Jesse Kanda vibes:

Reveal hidden contents

61e36ebbb2c8da8c57a5708463e9d33a.jpg

fka-twigs

sorry if someone said this already!! im at work rn and keeping up with all the madness is proving difficult!!

I totally understand you and I think you're right but also they're just ugly af lmao. I will never excuse these fonts

ZKcaooE.png

But also can we talk about the fact that the production in TB is immaculate it literally reminds me of songs from the 60s I can't explain the period in time exactly. Also I love the kind of robotic sound that WW has in a specific part .

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I ADORE the covers. Let's not forget - this is the girl who filmed the music video for her breakout single on a web-cam and she edited it herself. They are supposed to be rough and 'imperfect' as is Lana's life she's singing about. This is a continuation from Video Games and I love it. Thank you Lana