Elle

Text Book

17 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

That is a 1964 Cadillac Deville convertible but we forgive you. 

The way you could tell me anything because I have no clue and I‘m not a car person. But some people on reddit said this is a thunderbird :mj:

some of you are committed to misunderstanding/mis-innerstanding her, and sure you can, but why do you stay around ? 

textbook (to me) is clearly one expressing a lot of vulnerability; equally one to provoke journalists, who ALSO create the narrative of labeling her as a ‘glamorous’ woman who sings about fake abuse/fake daddy issues (which those of us know is not true) 

the song to me read as a whole “she’s back to singing about daddy, lana is back at complaining about daddy, she has daddy/father issues, wah the thunder bird she likes OLD MEN, only privileged men drive old cars” 

it’s clear the me the line “let’s rewrite history, i’ll do this dance with you, you know i’m not that girl, you know i’ll never be’” is a SLIGHT jab. at least that is how i took it. so the journalist of the past who like extrapolating she is a fake sad girl or only likes a certain type of man has always been bullshit. she knows it. she just wrote how things WERE. and NOW she is writing how her life is NOW. she’s surrounded by girlfriends, she is at Black Lives Matter shouting into the crowd (which everyone was shouting in LA as it was a painful event & one where the collective wanted to help be there in a small way) 

i do not see how it could be offensive other than extrapolating her small line into something it is not. something white male journalists have done since 2013. 

28 minutes ago, COCC said:

The way you could tell me anything because I have no clue and I‘m not a car person. But some people on reddit said this is a thunderbird :mj:

If only our car expert @AlexParliament didn‘t leave :kim:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Just now, CinnamonGay said:

The singer from Summertime is featured on TB?

where?? Is it the outro

wym? She’s in the chorus 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Mike Dean is a god said:

yep. you can hear the choir near the end

there’s background ‘ooh’s and ‘ahh’s throughout the chorus too and the second verse 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

there’s background ‘ooh’s and ‘ahh’s throughout the chorus too and the second verse 

Ok..I cant hear her at all...

I can only hear Lana and the reverb with a vocal layering of Lana only

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

The choir sound (which I’m sure she’s included in) starts the first chorus and lasts the rest of the song (especially at the “I screamed for them, old man river keeps rolling in”)

Ahhh found it. Tysm <3

4 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

there’s background ‘ooh’s and ‘ahh’s throughout the chorus too

I heard them but wasn't sure.

I'm the biggest fan of that new era, the three new singles are incredible

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

On 5/21/2021 at 3:22 AM, Anthony said:

But perhaps the BLM rallies were what ultimately came between her and Sean? There he was, with "shining stars" (makes me think of being patriotic) and "standing blue" (blue lives matter) and at the rally he really saw where she stood and that drove a wedge between them?

On 5/20/2021 at 11:13 AM, Elle said:

People say we’re too much alike

But maybe, finally that'll make it right

I really like the theory of it being about Sean and it being about how this is what came between them. That makes a lot of sense to me (theory originally from @strange weather )

Also, my bff is coming thru with amazing theories about this song, including wondering if this lyric says "alive" instead of "alike" - Basically referencing people who criticize folks protesting and saying they're overreacting, when really they are "taking initiative to change things and not just accepting the fact that 'this is how it's always been and there's nothing we can do about it'" (quoted directly from my friend). And how protesting and fighting for change will finally help things start to get better

Another BFF theory is that "father" could have the double meaning of her actual father and America.

Could we do this dance again?
Do you think if I go blonde, we could get our old love back?
I guess this is really the end
I never felt jealous before this year, but I'm jealous now

Ive been thinking about these lyrics a lot... could she be talking about being blonde like she was when she was a child and have the same innocent, loving relationship with her father? Jealous of Patty stealing attention away from her? Especially since she and her mom have a tumultuous relationship?

Is it about going blonde to make her fans love her again? Jealous of fans moving on to loving different artists more than her? - this doesn't really fit with the theme of the song, just spitballin here lol

Going blonde for a lover? She references dying her hair a lot for her partners in other songs.

BFF wonders if it could be about being jealous of other countries? If you go with the theory of America as the father

All of the above?

Obviously all speculation until we learn more (if lana ends up talking about these songs)

A lot to think about with this song :smokes3:

giphy.gif

cant get into text book w/o thinking of sean wearing that gold hot potato suit which maybe he really did go a bit crazy and really loved her but that's what I think about when listening to text book especially the second verse its horrible to think about 

it's a shame cus its a great song, the change at the chorus yes yes. but WC still tops. 

UV/Honeymoon

19 hours ago, strange weather said:

But perhaps the BLM rallies were what ultimately came between her and Sean? There he was, with "shining stars" (makes me think of being patriotic) and "standing blue" (blue lives matter) and at the rally he really saw where she stood and that drove a wedge between them?

yupp i had the exact same thoughts!

image.png