Elle

Text Book

The background vocals are from Melodye Perry, who was one of the background singers on Summertime & LMLYLAW Jimmy Fallon performance :) x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Text Book is my favourite Lana song period I cant fault it 10/10 she made another true masterpiece on par with WC and Ride??? The effortless tempo fluctuation the gorgeous melody and chords the heartbreaking LYRICS the return of "Daddy" can anyone else relate to what I'm feeling rn I feel so at peace

Now I know why Textbook sounded familiar.

Its pre chorus melody reminds me of Big Eyes verses melody.

And its verses remind me of Back to Black by amy

Also Wildflower piano intro gives me French restaurant 

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

Now I know why Textbook sounded familiar.

Its pre chorus melody reminds me of Big Eyes verses melody.

And its verses remind me of Back to Black by amy

EXACTLY YES. i’ve been listening to it here & there while running errands all day & was trying to think of why it sounded so familiar to me!! 

the crickets,  the kind of wave sounds , the backing vocals in text book make the listening experience so full , so beautiful  they give life to the song  :air: 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Hm mixed thoughts, I just briefly listened to Tulsa whilst half deaf and I could hear it properly, I’m hoping the mixing vocally is done well as the voice is fuller.

the BLM reference in Text book was just bad..all the things I couldnt want for him makes it seem like her father is black and that’s why she’s protesting? Like it’s a choice structure of sentence, I screamed for them is also very white saviour.

16 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I screamed for them is also very white saviour.

that lyric has nothing to do with the blm lyric it connects to "all the things I couldn't want for him" 

40 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

that lyric has nothing to do with the blm lyric it connects to "all the things I couldn't want for him" 

Why put it in the same chorus then?

it’s disjointed and badly worded, BLM shouldn’t be in the song as a throwaway lyric it just sounds disconnected like she threw two sets of lyrics together.

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

it’s disjointed and badly worded, BLM shouldn’t be in the song as a throwaway lyric it just sounds disconnected like she threw two sets of lyrics together.

Stop suffering for a lyrics... There's nothing wrong with it and that's it. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

5 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

read through the lyrics the entire chorus makes sense

4 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

read through the lyrics the entire chorus makes sense

“He could see us in our splendor 

all the things I couldn’t want for him” is an oxymoron unless she meant she didn’t want discrimination for him or for him to have the same love as her -it does not make sense 

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

“He could see us in our splendor 

all the things I couldn’t want for him” is an oxymoron unless she meant she didn’t want discrimination for him or for him to have the same love as her -it does not make sense 

the line could refer to her wanting to get her father's approval for the relationship and to show him that the dude is capable of fighting the same battles as her - and the lyric after it explains her screaming for the things that weren't possible to desire from the relationship