Charlottexseax

Too much piano for Lana lately?

I'm not sure if it's the piano in general, but I am bored with Lana as of late. That might just boil down to me moving in a different direction personally; away from the direction Lana is going ??‍♂️ I need something more, something fuller and I'm just not hearing it in COCC or the last 3 tracks released from BB.

NFR was glorious to me, but the last few releases have been dragging a bit. A few exceptions here and there on COCC, but overall just lackluster.

All of this is my opinion of course and I am hopeful for the future

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

I don't care about piano if it's well done.

I just hope that Lana doesn't really believe that a stripped-down production makes the music more real. Fetch to the Bolt Cutters, The Wall and even Joni's Mitchell Both Sides now are so full of life and production and they're still real.

I didn't liked NFR, liked a little bit more of COCC and I'm loving what we have heard of BB. Piano can stay if she's going to use it correctly 

Spoiler

Me mentioning Both Sides Now may or may not have to do with Stormy Weather being my favorite Joni Mitchell song :xgiggle:

Insert any of her other albums in there if you want to

16 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

exactly. it all depends on how it's done and that goes for any instrument/genre. i wouldn't want her to return back to a cinematic sound if it isn't gonna be done right like 13 beaches and a majority of the strings on NFR just aren't pleasant to listen to imo cause they're so computerized.

the piano work on these 3 recent singles songs is spectacular and more complex which sets them apart from certain ballads that fell a little flat cause they'd just use the same 3 chords over and over again. :et:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

maybe i agree but right now i can only say that

i believe in wildflower wildfire supremacy

On 4/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, TrashMagiq said:

the incest admiring... country album’s coming i fear

I do not personnaly agree with that ; I'm a huge fan since the really beginning and, after a little disappointment with NFR!, I can't love her music more than what she's doing since COCC, all is heavenly perfect and I listen to all of the new stuff almost daily. (My BF is so tired of COCC but I want to listen to it everytime I drive)

But it's just my point of view and my own tastes. I can understand fans that want more of OTTR / Cherry type of songs.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

yeah, totally too much piano. her unreleased catalog shows us how she can be interesting and how she's capable of switching things up. i don't get why she's stuck in this piano/ballad-comfort zone. the new songs are "okay", but don't you wanna evolve a bit? try new sounds? whole different production? we know she's capable of doing it while still sounding like her true self. so idk... hoping things will change someday. she kinda fell off.

referencing her unreleased work is completely irrelevant considering it's very poorly produced and a lot of it is decades old. this alone has shown how lana has grown. i think people get confused because lana makes music because she loves to, not because she wants to chart or impress people. she has evolved with each album into her truest self as an artist and that's the most pure and beautiful thing you can do as an artist. if this is the direction lana is going in i fully support her because i love her as a person and a musician and i'm super happy for her for being able to make music for herself and not restricted to what a label wants or being "forced" to make music a certain sound. 

faSE.gif

58 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

referencing her unreleased work is completely irrelevant considering it's very poorly produced and a lot of it is decades old. this alone has shown how lana has grown. i think people get confused because lana makes music because she loves to, not because she wants to chart or impress people. she has evolved with each album into her truest self as an artist and that's the most pure and beautiful thing you can do as an artist. if this is the direction lana is going in i fully support her because i love her as a person and a musician and i'm super happy for her for being able to make music for herself and not restricted to what a label wants or being "forced" to make music a certain sound. 

most artists make music because they love to :rip: let's not act like she's special for doing that please

and i don't think its irrelevant to mention her unreleased, especially cause it's not poorly produced? just because it has a different production doesn't mean it's poor. LMLYLAW is literally just 3 chords over and over, would you call that poorly produced? 

plus Ultraviolence, which has no piano and a completely different production value than the last albums, is something that Lana fought for and actively went against her label so to say that Lana was forced into a bigger production is false

1 hour ago, cru3lworld said:

no one mentioned charts or labels? i think that’s irrelevant, i also think this wasn’t a issue for her since 2014, so? 

her unreleased catalog is full of beautifully produced and interesting songs, still using piano and still being ballads. that’s what i meant.

we love that’s she’s doing what she loves, every artist should be able to do so, but this doesn’t mean she doesn’t have to evolve. she’s stuck in this ballad/piano sound for almost 3 albums now, i don’t hate it but i just think she’s too much in her comfort zone and that’s killing the hype to her music for me.

support her, of course, but let’s not act like she’s the master supreme of music & arts using the excuse of “shE dOeSnT Care abT the ChaRts its All ArTs!!!” cause it’s bullshit.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I agree. Everything since COTCC has been harder for me to connect with. Tbh I don't want another BTD, UV, HM, NFR, etc., I want her to keep evolving, but I feel like her recent stuff has been too minimalist. I think Chemtrails (the song) and TJF were where I was wanting her to go more with the whole album - an evolution of her sound while still doing something interesting and new with production.

I do like a lot of these piano ballads a lot (Bartender, Video Games, Change, Old Money), but I don't want albums where everything is that slow, and that's what a lot of COTCC felt like and kinda what BB is feeling like so far. Very understated.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

3 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

I just hope that Lana doesn't really believe that a stripped-down production makes the music more real. Fetch to the Bolt Cutters, The Wall and even Joni's Mitchell Both Sides now are so full of life and production and they're still real.

I didn't liked NFR, liked a little bit more of COCC and I'm loving what we have heard of BB. Piano can stay if she's going to use it correctly 

Hide contents

Me mentioning Both Sides Now may or may not have to do with Stormy Weather being my favorite Joni Mitchell song :xgiggle:

Insert any of her other albums in there if you want to

Yes!!!!! :mariah:

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

most artists make music because they love to :rip: let's not act like she's special for doing that please

and i don't think its irrelevant to mention her unreleased, especially cause it's not poorly produced? just because it has a different production doesn't mean it's poor. LMLYLAW is literally just 3 chords over and over, would you call that poorly produced? 

plus Ultraviolence, which has no piano and a completely different production value than the last albums, is something that Lana fought for and actively went against her label so to say that Lana was forced into a bigger production is false

just ignore him, hes always coaxing Lana no matter what

just because we admire her as an artist and a woman doesnt mean we have to support all of her choices

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I agree. Everything since COTCC has been harder for me to connect with. Tbh I don't want another BTD, UV, HM, NFR, etc., I want her to keep evolving, but I feel like her recent stuff has been too minimalist. I think Chemtrails (the song) and TJF were where I was wanting her to go more with the whole album - an evolution of her sound while still doing something interesting and new with production.

I do like a lot of these piano ballads a lot (Bartender, Video Games, Change, Old Money), but I don't want albums where everything is that slow, and that's what a lot of COTCC felt like and kinda what BB is feeling like so far. Very understated.

I love love LOVE bartender. I remember it was the track that stood out the first time i listened to NFR in its entirety. Its totally different from what she did in her previous albums and it might be a bit of a stretch but I always said it recalls me of Phillip Glass' works (Metamorphosis), which is quite a good thing.

I agree a lot. And I don't hate the piano too I just want some different stuff. From Chemtrails, I loved Dark etc, I really need more music in that vibe lol

However, I'm pretty sure this will be her production standard for a good while so I will try to enjoy everything as much as I can

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

10 hours ago, expandableclitoris said:

just ignore him, hes always coaxing Lana no matter what

just because we admire her as an artist and a woman doesnt mean we have to support all of her choices

it’s the fact that he called her unreleased work poorly produced and decades old for me as if 

1. decades old music is bad??? lol

2. David Kahne?? Poor producer?? A legendary indie/alternative New York producer but he’s bad cause user cru3lworld says so........