Sign in to follow this  
American Whore

The Handmaid's Tale

So.... that season 4 finale. 

Idk how we haven't had a thread for this show yet, but it's a Hulu exclusive show about a futuristic America that's been completely changed into a dystopian with a normalized rape culture. June/Offred is on her journey of freeing anyone and everyone she can to Canada, including her daughter and her fellow Handmaids. 

Yall we need to be talking about this show. The writing is next level, top tier. If nobody has seen it maybe we can do a group watch party or something? I'd be so down to organize that. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

blessed be the fruit :brows: Elizabeth moss scientologist queen 

Spoiler

I stopped watching after the s2 finale (I think?) when June got the rape baby out and had the chance to leave but decided to stay to save her daughter :raven: I was gooped but never watched the new seasons when they came out are they any good? or has the main focus kinda shifted and its just being dragged on? 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

ONE OF MY FAVORITE SERIES EVEEER . CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH , MY WORLD CRUMBLED WHEN I WATCHED THE FIRST SEASON 

i am still at episode 4 of the latest season tho :toofunny:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

40 minutes ago, May said:

That season 4 finale WHEWWE

Reveal hidden contents

when all the women started running after Fred in the forest I was literally screaming at my TV

girllllll me tooooooo!!!! i was getting loud as fuck in my house cheering that on. i bet the neighbors heard hahahahaha

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i'm in the middle of season 4 and i just hope that n*ck dies soon like i haven't hated a fictional character with such passion in years

and does anyone else feel like they are dragging this show? ngl i'm happy that there isn't too much shit going on every episode, but the entire "okay they almost escaped but did not escape let's shoot some of elizabeth moss breathing but now they did escape but oh no they are captured again let's put the camera on elizabeth's face for 5 minutes" -thing is really getting old 

i hope that the rest of this season leaves me satisfied, it still is one of the best tv shows i've ever watched 

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

15 minutes ago, lover said:

i'm in the middle of season 4 and i just hope that n*ck dies soon like i haven't hated a fictional character with such passion in years

and does anyone else feel like they are dragging this show? ngl i'm happy that there isn't too much shit going on every episode, but the entire "okay they almost escaped but did not escape let's shoot some of elizabeth moss breathing but now they did escape but oh no they are captured again let's put the camera on elizabeth's face for 5 minutes" -thing is really getting old 

i hope that the rest of this season leaves me satisfied, it still is one of the best tv shows i've ever watched 

Yes I absolutely agree, it’s a good show but it’s a bit ridiculous. Nick is so fucking bland, I’m sure in one episode we are gonna find out he’s half cyborg or something he’s that robotic and empty. The most ridiculous part so far in season 4 is …

Spoiler

June was captured again and not only that they let her go after all she did…because handmaids are in short supply? Wtf lol …others have been hung and executed for far far less. Then they didn’t provide aunt Lydia with proper security despite knowing what June is capable of so she escaped so easily…It’s so unbelievable.   

What I relate to is the characters because I was trapped in an abusive house and felt under control, so I related to the trauma and pain.  Even though I’ve not been tortured or raped..I felt the suffering.  I also don’t think I’ve ever hated villains as much as Serena and Aunt Lydia, Serena in particular because she’s a complex character and not just run of the mill evil…in parts I even felt slightly sorry for her…but it was all just her fooling us with  the narcissistic sociopathy.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

14 minutes ago, lover said:

Without wanting to spoil anything, I'd just say, as someone who felt like you did at the stage you're at, you should stick with it.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

6 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Without wanting to spoil anything, I'd just say, as someone who felt like you did at the stage you're at, you should stick with it.

yeah I most definitely will! my friends have really complimented s4 overall saying that it's the best since s1 :lolliney: i'm excited to see where it goes next

6 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Yes I absolutely agree, it’s a good show but it’s a bit ridiculous. Nick is so fucking bland, I’m sure in one episode we are gonna find out he’s half cyborg or something he’s that robotic and empty.

What I relate to is the characters because I was trapped in an abusive house and felt under control, so I related to the trauma and pain.  Even though I’ve not been tortured or raped..I felt the suffering.  I also don’t think I’ve ever hated villains as much as Serena and Aunt Lydia, Serena in particular because she’s a complex character and not just run of the mill evil…in parts I even felt slightly sorry for her…but it was all just her fooling us with  the narcissistic sociopathy.  

sorry you had to go through that :/ this show does a great job in delivering the characters' emotions for sure. I'm not sure whether I love or hate how the real villain is the patriarchy and the men of Gilead, but they still made the most notable villains women - Aunt Lydia and Serena, like you mentioned. yet, we are supposed to like Nick or feel sorry for him since hE LOveS jUne :eek3: I really hoped that a show like this would stay clean of all the love triangle/ship serving shit, like women have stripped out from their human rights and are sex slaves by law, there is so much more that they could work with

strong like a tree but the unlucky one