Cherry Blossom

Sam Fender

Sam Fender is an English singer, songwriter, musician, and actor. After commencing a career as an actor, he was signed as a singer and released several singles independently, being named one of the BBC's Sound of 2018. He signed to Polydor Records and released his debut EP, Dead Boys, in November 2018. His debut album ‘Hypersonic Missiles’ debuted #1 in the U.K. 

His new album, ‘SEVENTEEN GOING UNDER’ is out October 8th 2021.

Watch his new music video here: 

I’m a big fan of Sam and have followed him since his debut, his music is indie rock/brit pop, and the subject matter focuses on growing up in the lower classes, and politics. If you are a fan of the Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, The Stone Roses, The Kooks etc you’ll love Sam. I hope to find some other Sam fans, or help others become new fans of his! :party:

Songs I would suggest to somebody listening for the first time:

Dead Boys

Hypersonic Missiles

Leave Fast

Spice

Play God

Will We Talk?

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

YES A THREAD FOR MY KING ❤️❤️❤️
I discovered him in 2018 when i listened to greasy spoon it’s one of my favorites 

I think that he is a really promising artist and i love that he touches on societal issues . Can’t wait for the album:party:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

2 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I’ve been listening to Seventeen going under the past month(s), it’s so good! I definitely want to try to buy a copy when I have some spare coins. :flutter:

So happy that you like his music as well! He is truly amazing :trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 minute ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

So happy that you like his music as well! He is truly amazing :trisha:

I still need to listen to his first album! I’m new to his music, I only heard radio play 17 going under, and it sounded so good, I just had to check out the album (weeks/months later, I was too busy lol).

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

12 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Just popping in here to say I've listened almost exlusively to his music today, his lyrics are so raw! Kinda surprised more people aren't into his music, or at least no one I know is.

Awesome! Haven’t listened to him for a while, youve inspired me to. Also i forgot i made this thread :oprah:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

7 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Awesome! Haven’t listened to him for a while, youve inspired me to. Also i forgot i made this thread :oprah:

I'll play his debut album once I'm done listening through Seventeen going under for like the fifth time in 24 hours. :ma:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

New feature is out! “Homesick” by Noah Kahan featuring Sam! The sax kicking in for Sam’s verse makes it sound more like it’s his own song in my opinion, haha.

From Sam’s newsletter:

I was told Noah wanted us to work together, and I’d heard the tune ‘Homesick’ and thought it was a lush song. We then spoke on the phone and immediately hit it off. I loved the idea of the song being a transatlantic call-and-response between two young kids desperate to escape their hometowns. The ‘running away’ theme has been done to death by myself, and many other artists over the last 50 years, but it’s relatable.

Noah actually came to my hometown when he was on tour, so we met up and I showed him around. I found it canny funny and flattering as he said in his east coast American accent, ‘I wanna see where these songs came from man’, so we hit the Lowlights Tavern for a swift Guinness and walked in the bitter cold of the sea-front. Chatting with him about things in both of our pasts made me realise how universal ‘Homesick’ is. We’ve all been that kid.

I cut my parts in North Shields, on the banks of the Tyne, literally overlooking the ‘static cranes’ that I mention in my verse; it’s a stone’s throw from the estate in which the riots took place in the early 90’s. It made me proud of my hometown, and my people. The Geordies are a hilarious bunch, resilient and impermeable to hard times and hard drinking; my hometown is a constant source of inspiration. Noah is great lad, a canny chanter and a mean wordsmith. I love the track, and I can’t wait for people to hear it.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png