Sign in to follow this  
Miss Doing Nothing

So Good (edit)

The So Good Acapella mixed with the Summer Bummer instrumental. 

I love the original concept of the song and desired a more powerful version of it. I tried mixing it with the SB instrumental. 

https://dbree.org/v/6b2507

What are your thoughts?

I really wanna know if there is a part that sounds off in rhythm.

Hope you guys like it :tongue:

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Sounds cool! I remember doing a mix a while ago in which I used most of the So Good acapella, the Summer Bummer instrumental, the DIY acapella from the Summer Bummer's bridge and adding the hmmms *under* the pre-choruses. I don't know if I still have it, but I remember it sounding kinda poorly mixed. This one sounds nice!

EDIT: lol I found it. I remember the whole thing sounding like sh*t, but I may have redone it at some point. The bridge sounds harsh because of my bad filtering of the vocals lmao. Just in case you want to check it out. Your mix sounds nicer imo :kiss3: 

https://dbree.org/v/e90fe5 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

18 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Sounds cool! I remember doing a mix a while ago in which I used most of the So Good acapella, the Summer Bummer instrumental, the DIY acapella from the Summer Bummer's bridge and adding the hmmms *under* the pre-choruses. I don't know if I still have it, but I remember it sounding kinda poorly mixed. This one sounds nice!

EDIT: lol I found it. I remember the whole thing sounding like sh*t, but I may have redone it at some point. The bridge sounds harsh because of my bad filtering of the vocals lmao. Just in case you want to check it out. Your mix sounds nicer imo :kiss3: 

https://dbree.org/v/e90fe5 

Yours sounds cool too! I like the layered parts with the humming in the background and the ‘Don’t be a bummer, babe.’ in the outro. It’s really nice! Only the end has a little bit of that pixelated filtered sound, but I don’t mind it too much. Your version sounds like a solo version would have worked for LfL, something I used to question.
The demo sounded very plain to me.

Thank you for sharing :kiss2:

41 minutes ago, Wildflower said:

Yours sounds cool too! I like the layered parts with the humming in the background and the ‘Don’t be a bummer, babe.’ in the outro. It’s really nice! Only the end has a little bit of that pixelated filtered sound, but I don’t mind it too much. Your version sounds like a solo version would have worked for LfL, something I used to question.
The demo sounded very plain to me.

Thank you for sharing :kiss2:

I'm glad you liked it! Thank you so much :kiss:

I think that I would've liked Summer Bummer to be solo in the album, and maybe Playboi Carti and A$AP Rocky added for a remix released as a single or something. But yeah, I wonder too if there was a final solo version before they added Rocky and Carti or was it just from So Good to the final mix. So Good sounds kinda plain to be considered a solo version imo, it feels like it lacks something big. If only the official instrumental for the album version leaked in 320 kbps :defeated: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'm glad you liked it! Thank you so much :kiss:

I think that I would've liked Summer Bummer to be solo in the album, and maybe Playboi Carti and A$AP Rocky added for a remix released as a single or something. But yeah, I wonder too if there was a final solo version before they added Rocky and Carti or was it just from So Good to the final mix. So Good sounds kinda plain to be considered a solo version imo, it feels like it lacks something big. If only the official instrumental for the album version leaked in 320 kbps :defeated: 

I’m wondering that too. 

The splendid bridge makes me think she has been playing with the lyrics for quiet some time. Maybe she added it when Playboi Carti and A$AP were already involved, but I doubt that. It has the same feeling as the verses on the (solo) version haha

It would be nice if we got more demos, but that barely happens. Which makes me think the leakers like to keep the better versions to themselves most of the time. So, I hope there is!

When the instrumental leaks in 320kbps I would really want to hear your final version if you make one!