TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

3 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

soko is lowkey better, and actually releases music!

she's not imo, kinda the walmart version... until she makes a night time my time/downhill lullaby/guardian or legends type of song, then i may change my mind :nails:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

she's not imo, kinda the walmart version... until she makes a night time my time/downhill lullaby/guardian or legends type of song, then i may change my mind :nails:

she doesn’t need to make 2.0 versions of sky songs to be better. she IS better because she’s different and doesn’t have a compulsive liar disorder

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

13 hours ago, moonchild13 said:

It confuses me a little, but I think she has actually three scrapped debut albums: Cry Baby (2010-11, with One, Obsession, As If!...), Wild at Heart (2012, with Cecil Diamonds, Red Lips, Lost In My Bedroom, Swamp Girl, Pretty Dull, etc.), I'm Not Alright (2012, an updated version of Wild at Heart with songs like I'm Not Alright, Boys, 24 Hours, On Top, etc.) and then she shifted to Night Time, My Time (briefly titled I Will).

So Cecil Diamonds would've been for her second scrapped debut album, Wild at Heart.

I Believe "I Will" was also supposed to be an EP for some quick-moment and then it was changed to Night Time My Time full record.

Wild at Heart was going to be... THAT girl, isn't it? The electropop but rock-ish influences. Probably "Ghost" but with more uptempo material. I also think 24 Hours was back from Wild At Heart since it was confirmed together with Swamp Girl, or then both were "I'm Not Alright". 

Ugh... I wish we had the title tracks, Pretty Dull... well, everything.

1 hour ago, DinahLee said:

I Believe "I Will" was also supposed to be an EP for some quick-moment and then it was changed to Night Time My Time full record.

Wild at Heart was going to be... THAT girl, isn't it? The electropop but rock-ish influences. Probably "Ghost" but with more uptempo material. I also think 24 Hours was back from Wild At Heart since it was confirmed together with Swamp Girl, or then both were "I'm Not Alright". 

Ugh... I wish we had the title tracks, Pretty Dull... well, everything.

Yeah she did mention shortly before releasing NTMT that she was toying with the idea of an EP instead

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Congratulations to Sky! she’s been nominated for Hiatus of the year at the 2021 grammys! Going head to head with Lorde and Rihanna. I think she has this one in the bag!  

Nah, Sky is easily winning. Lorde and Rihanna have like half of the time than Sky has in the Hiatus category.

:thumb2:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

This is probably hopeless but I figured it was worth a shot ; 

So i'm on the prowl for a VERY specific photo of sky that I used as the cover to my Unreleased years ago when I was keeping up with everything.

this specific photo is predominantly neon red iirc and is of Sky sitting on some stairs criss crossed with some really tall stilletos on. It wasn't very large.

It may be a BTS photo from her shoot with petra collins but none of it looks familiar. I rly hope someone else knows what photo i'm talking about cus this is gonna bother me until the end of time LOL 

EDIT :  OMFG NEVERMIND YALL I FOUND IT, posting so we'll never lose

tumblr_nieo8wWbcE1ry31tzo1_500.jpg

like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops
like spinning tops

like spinning tops
like spinning tops

like spinning tops

like spinning tops
like spinning tops

like spinning tops
like spinning tops

like spinning tops

(Sorry for bumping this thread and maybe excite some people thinking there's something new)

So, I'm trying to get into Fiona Apple as I fell in love with her latest album (what a masterpiece, perhaps the most perfect album of the year, but to me the best one goes to SAWAYAMA taste wise) and after playing Tidal (what a moody album!!) I'm playing right now her sophomore and all I can think about is: Her voice and Sky's are very similar sounding in some moments!

Maybe Sky tried to mold her voice in a way (her deep voice) to sound just like Fiona, as she is a HUGE fan of her (even copying her album release schedule LOL).

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

11 hours ago, True Bromance said:

Well another year past without anything
We might never get a second studio album at this point and just hope stuff keeps on leaking

At this point this seems to be the only realistic way to get that damn album in full. :smokes3: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

She’s on Instagram talking about how Capitol Records is not letting her properly release her album and how randomly dropping the album is her worst nightmare. 

I truly wonder what she means by ‘proper’ though. Like the traditional release, with 1-2 singles to promote the album? If that’s the case, she might want to reconsider because it’s not like she’s going to sell 500k copies in the first week. Just dropping in its entirety and letting people appreciate it is a way to build hype and respect. 

Well she did say she’s going to explain it all to her fans directly very soon so I guess we should wait (like we’ve been doing for so long).