TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

12 minutes ago, mintconfetti said:

She’s on Instagram talking about how Capitol Records is not letting her properly release her album and how randomly dropping the album is her worst nightmare. 

I truly wonder what she means by ‘proper’ though. Like the traditional release, with 1-2 singles to promote the album? If that’s the case, she might want to reconsider because it’s not like she’s going to sell 500k copies in the first week. Just dropping in its entirety and letting people appreciate it is a way to build hype and respect. 

Well she did say she’s going to explain it all to her fans directly very soon so I guess we should wait (like we’ve been doing for so long). 

shes alluded to “explaining it all” so many times- at this point who knows. I don’t want to rag on her since who knows, she may have been going through it for the past few years, but any sense of real interest or urgency has been lost at this point IMO. 

aOaIzH2.gif

By the time she releases the album (aka never) I'm expecting a full "MASOCHISM THE FULL BUNDLE featuring the ALBUM, the VISUAL-EP-DVD, The Sky-Tell-It-All Magazine, The Meaning Of Sky Ferreira full book about HERstory, Playboy Magazine, the Love in Stereo music video, Downhill Lullaby (alternative mix) and like all the shit the she mentioned\teased\said she'd explain later. All with colored vinyl  for sure.

Oh and the NTMT ReRelease

1 hour ago, DinahLee said:

By the time she releases the album (aka never) I'm expecting a full "MASOCHISM THE FULL BUNDLE featuring the ALBUM, the VISUAL-EP-DVD, The Sky-Tell-It-All Magazine, The Meaning Of Sky Ferreira full book about HERstory, Playboy Magazine, the Love in Stereo music video, Downhill Lullaby (alternative mix) and like all the shit the she mentioned\teased\said she'd explain later. All with colored vinyl  for sure.

Oh and the NTMT ReRelease

you’re a dreamer, you dream a lot in your sleep. yes you do, yes you do.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

11 minutes ago, lovemooch said:

sky has vocals on that demo ? i swear it was her voice lol

The one leaked was sung by Victoria Horn. But apparently Sky recorded her version for it, and then the label decided to release Obsession instead.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Sometimes I feel like Capitol took all the ideas, PR, marketing and money from her and put all that into the "Halsey project". She is all now what they wanted Sky to be. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

11 minutes ago, Kristian Karlsson said:

I just remembered that exactly 10 years ago Sky had a massive leak with gems as American Dream and looked for some songs on YouTube, and I found that Obsession's MV is unlocked now...

omg it is unlocked, just wow... she hates it (maybe she doesnt anymore, most artists hate some of their releases just a few years after the release and then they just stop hating it and enjoy the lols)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I hope the 17 and One MVs are unlocked soon too, I've never seen them in good quality and I'd like to, plus, it reminds me of how the MV of Everything Is Embarrassing was also blocked in my country until last October, was it blocked in any other country? Right now the 17 video is blocked here, hope I can see it soon.  (I tried to post the screenshot but it won't let me, ugh)

18816146ca556aa7b4aefa2eb3b5ca57.gif

27 minutes ago, Kristian Karlsson said:

I hope the 17 and One MVs are unlocked soon too, I've never seen them in good quality and I'd like to, plus, it reminds me of how the MV of Everything Is Embarrassing was also blocked in my country until last October, was it blocked in any other country? Right now the 17 video is blocked here, hope I can see it soon.  (I tried to post the screenshot but it won't let me, ugh)

EIE has never been blocked here in Mexico as far as I know.

One and 17 are still blocked. I wonder if the return of Obsession on YT means that we are going to have either her past material on Spotify (As If! - EP, which is glorious!!) or she's about to make her comeback and they are teasing.

Just now, Eclipse said:

Her label deciding to unlock the video and make 3 dollars from her after realizing they won't make any in 2021 too :yawn:

I thought the same hahahaha

8 hours ago, Roger said:

Sometimes I feel like Capitol took all the ideas, PR, marketing and money from her and put all that into the "Halsey project". She is all now what they wanted Sky to be. 

it’s 2021 and people still think it’s halsey’s fault if sky’s career is a mess. cmon now...

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I'm sure she didn't actually hate the music, because Obsession is a bop. And the music video is actually one of her most enlightened moments, as if she could predict her online stalker hacking her email and wanting to meet her in a cafe.

She was just pressed that back then she was releasing music. Maybe she thought hitting private would make sure that Obsession can thrive once she actually puts out something else.