TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

2 hours ago, Kristian Karlsson said:

I really crave everything by her produced by Bloodshy & Avant, especially Untouchable final version and Song 1 Snip (which I deeply suspect that is Cobra because it sounds like B&A type beat) and her versions of Overplayed and Ditch That Bitch, just....

Tbh I would be content with just all those

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Hi:makeup: I haven’t been in Stan world in a while but it’s shut down days and I found myself catching up on here! Bummed I wasn’t here for downhill lullaby excitement but... I didn’t miss much afterwards :p  hope to be here for whatever happens this year lol :popcorn: 

On 11/14/2020 at 5:15 PM, godsmonster said:

Legends is amazing, it blew me away

She's so capable of making amazing music ugh

anyway are there any other artists out there who have Sky's vibe and/or sound?

Here are some similar independent/alt/underground artists that truly deserve the support<3

All are on Insta with very recent releases too:party:

Zilched

https://open.spotify.com/album/2tSK0jHsaPKCgcjYMwOuya?si=ZwNNt8rZSiiurs6gHuXS_g

Nyssa

https://open.spotify.com/album/5IC3cIIl1pbyGAlaqoHCh8?si=xv4jAte8QuSZQvar95cG_A

Heaven honey

https://open.spotify.com/track/7i8eykzr6h36zMVVslvPvY?si=oXWT-Jo0RT2MfdJ2E4rGAA

Primer

https://open.spotify.com/album/1AZ9obNucezIBN0X9slQTE?si=l4LI7gUuRA2h0d6mjpL0Ng

Grace Mckagan

https://open.spotify.com/track/11X7rjdRZmWOgXoHD06aqF?si=a1bZxor3T2aWaovrTcGHgg

9 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

i like sky but i don't really keep up with her, so would anyone like to fill me in on why her album is taking nearly a decade to finish?

girl there's nothing to keep up with really :rip:

There is an idea of a Sky Ferreira; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real Sky: only an entity, something illusory. And though she can hide her cold gaze, and you can shake her hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense your lifestyles are probably comparable... she is simply not there.

redline

1 hour ago, gogo yubari said:

There is an idea of a Sky Ferreira; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real Sky: only an entity, something illusory. And though she can hide her cold gaze, and you can shake her hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense your lifestyles are probably comparable... she is simply not there.

tumblr_pe4p6xJF9m1r0x0jro1_500.gif

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

55 minutes ago, NobodyAskedMe said:

Lmao the last time I posted here was January 2017 and the album still isn't out I....

It could never be, though. I'm not holding my breath for it, but if Masochism is ever released or leaked, it's completely welcome in my library.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Miss Ferreira deserves the extreme leakage that Charli has had in the past 5 years... And so we do. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

44 minutes ago, CHIPCHROME said:

Maybe the real masochism was the friends we made along the way

Omg haha the ultimate plot twist

19 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

i like sky but i don't really keep up with her, so would anyone like to fill me in on why her album is taking nearly a decade to finish?

honestly? pure laziness.

if the album was done like she's said (she says so much shit...) for the past 7 years, realistically, her label shouldn't have any excuse to hold it from release. she's given every excuse under the sun-- she lost the files, the label won't release it, she's rewriting it, it's finished but it's just waiting to release, she's unsure about it, etc etc etc. at this point, she's off of most people's radar and sadly, her album will flop bc she waited too long. some artist that long wait works for them (Lorde or Adele) but... she's not them. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

15 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

is it true that she has the release date set for this year? not that we believe her or anything but...

tbh I think she had a release date set for every year since 2015.... "60 DAYS" "WINTER" "SPRING".

The whole thing is very crazy. If you lean on trying to understand what happened you'll probably end up mad or something.