TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

You know what's the worst part? 

Many "fans" always tweet and comment stuff defending her about her taking her time to release the album or any kind of new music.

Most likely they haven't been around since her Cry Baby days or prior. 

She's a joke, as much as I love her music and I'm looking forward her next release, I'm not not blind as them. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 minutes ago, paradiso said:

for every 100 charli songs that leak we get one (1) sky song...it simply is not fair

The thing is, Charli actually has songs to get leaked haha 

Sky songs recorded after NTMT are very few and most likely she has not recorded more than 20 in the last 7 years... :(

Girl, leak your pre NTMT catalogue and we will be content to wait another 2 years more if you will. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I've been lowkey listening to Sky for a few years but only recently I've decided to know more about her +  hunting her unreleaseds and discovered all the mess that happened with Cry Baby (I like "One" a lot and didnt know it was intended for a "pop" album at the time). Uuugh I wish we had a proper release of it  but since we have a lot of material from that era I have to say that this woman is amazing. I dont consider myself a fan but I really am looking forward to see some news about Masochism asap.

Ps: Touch & Go deserved better

The agonizing wait between 17 - As If - Ghost - NTMT honestly pales in comparison to the ongoing wait between NTMT to Masochism. At least we knew she was recording and then kept releasing music/videos in between. All of that was in a 3ish year span too.

She, at the very least, could've thrown out an EP in mid-2019 after Downhill Lullaby and probably dumped off another at the end of 2020

BzhmW.png

1 hour ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Sky deserved better

Strikingly simple.

---

Yeah, I think she has had the time to do the album / material / covers / songs / EPs or whatever in 7 years. But you know what I think? This is one of those truths we'll never get to know: the real reason why Sky is not releasing music. I want to believe there is a good reason for it, but if it truly is laziness... gee.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, Roger said:

The thing is, Charli actually has songs to get leaked haha 

Sky songs recorded after NTMT are very few and most likely she has not recorded more than 20 in the last 7 years... :(

Girl, leak your pre NTMT catalogue and we will be content to wait another 2 years more if you will. 

i mean, no matter how meticulous her recording process may be, she's been recording for seven years, so she definitely has more than 20 songs recorded. 

31 minutes ago, drewby said:

The agonizing wait between 17 - As If - Ghost - NTMT honestly pales in comparison to the ongoing wait between NTMT to Masochism. At least we knew she was recording and then kept releasing music/videos in between. All of that was in a 3ish year span too.

She, at the very least, could've thrown out an EP in mid-2019 after Downhill Lullaby and probably dumped off another at the end of 2020

this!!! i thought the critical reception of downhill lullaby/the press around her playing descending at pitchfork festival would encourage her to at least put out an ep...

12 minutes ago, paradiso said:

i mean, no matter how meticulous her recording process may be, she's been recording for seven years, so she definitely has more than 20 songs recorded. 

this!!! i thought the critical reception of downhill lullaby/the press around her playing descending at pitchfork festival would encourage her to at least put out an ep...

I wish she'd just come out and say she doesn't want to do music anymore. It becomes more and more obvious every year that her heart's not in it and she's really not that serious about it

BzhmW.png

In her defence, if her heart really isn't in music anymore then I feel bad for her. She's been in the industry since she was very young, so giving it up and doing something else can't be easy :(

While I'd love nothing more than to hear more music from her, I'd totally understand if she decided to quit. Though at the same time the fact that she's so bloody talented and her music never gets old (for me at least) makes it devastating that so much talent has gone to waste lol.

14 hours ago, Roger said:

Many "fans" always tweet and comment stuff defending her about her taking her time to release the album or any kind of new music.

She's a joke, as much as I love her music and I'm looking forward her next release, I'm not not blind as them. 

I couldn’t agree more.

Sky is like the artist I love the most in terms of music and the amount of stuff I’ve collected and gotten to know about her during all these years is overwhelming, but MAN, it has been 11 fucking years in 2021.

Some fans have been stanning since 2010 and the 3 years of waiting for NTMT was enough suffering.

Now, 7-8 more years for the sophomore album we have basically NO info on? Come on.

Sky Ferreira is a TRUE legend, whew. There’s no other “internet” artist I know who’s still talked about after all this time with no material.

16 hours ago, Roger said:

Tbh I think the same as you, I get that she could take her time but at least don't go around making promises you won't keep. It's been almost 6 years since she announced Masochism and what do we have? Downhill Lullaby that was an excitement in vain.

And yeah, I know she's a human and of course she can have health issues and that thing, but I don't think you've spent the last 6 years sick incapable of releasing music but making appearances in movies, as far I know she's not allergic to the studio.

Other point is the label, tbh in this part I'm between a rock and a hard place, because I know how shitty has Capitol been towards her, but c'mon, that they won't let her release her album it's just...dumb, she's not a big artist to invest a lot of money in, Capitol doesn't have too much to lose with her.

Ugh, I started listening and stanning her in March 2020 and it's kinda frustrating, Idk how frustrated must feel some REALLY old fans. 

18816146ca556aa7b4aefa2eb3b5ca57.gif

4 hours ago, Kristian Karlsson said:

Tbh I think the same as you, I get that she could take her time but at least don't go around making promises you won't keep. It's been almost 6 years since she announced Masochism and what do we have? Downhill Lullaby that was an excitement in vain.

And yeah, I know she's a human and of course she can have health issues and that thing, but I don't think you've spent the last 6 years sick incapable of releasing music but making appearances in movies, as far I know she's not allergic to the studio.

Other point is the label, tbh in this part I'm between a rock and a hard place, because I know how shitty has Capitol been towards her, but c'mon, that they won't let her release her album it's just...dumb, she's not a big artist to invest a lot of money in, Capitol doesn't have too much to lose with her.

Ugh, I started listening and stanning her in March 2020 and it's kinda frustrating, Idk how frustrated must feel some REALLY old fans. 

Yeah... 

And I agree with the whole Downhill Lullaby, everyone got their hopes up and she fucked us up letting us down. 

She deserves no fanbase like this one. 

9 hours ago, willfoshizzle said:

ive been waiting for that damn untouchable final mix ever since she posted that clip decades ago haha 

The way we are actually going to be officially waiting for some of her songs for an entire decade now is insane.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

6 hours ago, Shanice Jones said:

Well, I think someone should lock this thread...

6 hours ago, partymonster said:

forreal @Elle lock this thread until we actually get music (which is never) please  :toofunny:

I agree, she doesn't deserve our time posting here, just to be fed for the 10th time with just smoke.