TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Yeah, I don't know why most artist don't release mixtapes, compilations or EPs with songs that they don't want to be attached to their main discography (Albums).

Sky did good releasing As If! and Ghost, even though I believe she could've released another EP in between As If! and Ghost and get more outtakes from those shelved albums to the fans.

Now, in the other hand, NTMT Bsides was a HUGE missed opportunity, she wasted so much space with two remixes when she could've added Pretty Dull and I'm Not Alright. Fuck, why even call it "Part 1" when she left that shit incomplete just as some of the demos that have leaked lol.

At this point, she could've released an EP or two at least or some mixtapes.

She doesn't want the money, she just wants a critical acclaimed album, at this point she could have the cash and the fans happy if she releases mixtapes with songs that she doesn't consider worthy to be on a full album.

Ugh, just stop blaming the label.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Yeah, I don't know why most artist don't release mixtapes, compilations or EPs with songs that they don't want to be attached to their main discography (Albums)..

THAT part! they're so weirdly selective and anal but when it comes to a new single they don't mind littering their am/spotify pages with 284834 remixes.

3 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Yeah, I don't know why most artist don't release mixtapes, compilations or EPs with songs that they don't want to be attached to their main discography (Albums).

Sky did good releasing As If! and Ghost, even though I believe she could've released another EP in between As If! and Ghost and get more outtakes from those shelved albums to the fans.

Now, in the other hand, NTMT Bsides was a HUGE missed opportunity, she wasted so much space with two remixes when she could've added Pretty Dull and I'm Not Alright. Fuck, why even call it "Part 1" when she left that shit incomplete just as some of the demos that have leaked lol.

At this point, she could've released an EP or two at least or some mixtapes.

She doesn't want the money, she just wants a critical acclaimed album, at this point she could have the cash and the fans happy if she releases mixtapes with songs that she doesn't consider worthy to be on a full album.

Ugh, just stop blaming the label.

I hate EPs as they're too short, but I HEAVILY agree with this. I mean, maybe she could've dropped a mixtape every 18 months since the release of NMTM and they would've been well received ('cause we know sis always delivers) and she would be receiving money from the streamings, instead of receiving nothing from the files sitting on her laptop / wherever they are. This type of missed chances make more unbearable the fact that we've had less than 10 (officially released) songs from her in 7 years.

And also DAMN YES to the NMTM B-Sides situation. I was expecting three installments, each with 4 unreleased songs at least. It's such a shame we only had one part with only three new songs. Not that I regret having it, but it's too little compared to what it seemed to be.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

plzzzz why did you brought up the ntmt b-sides :toofunny: now i remembered that we never got a part 2 and i'm even madder! i mean why would you call it "part 1" if you never intended to release a part 2?

15 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

plzzzz why did you brought up the ntmt b-sides :toofunny: now i remembered that we never got a part 2 and i'm even madder! i mean why would you call it "part 1" if you never intended to release a part 2?

EXACTLY! So many songs to fit in a part 2, 3... I still wonder why did she never continue those releases.

7 hours ago, Monsef said:

THAT part! they're so weirdly selective and anal but when it comes to a new single they don't mind littering their am/spotify pages with 284834 remixes.

And most of them terribly bad

7 hours ago, Honeysuckle said:

It's an insult

6 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

EXACTLY! So many songs to fit in a part 2, 3... I still wonder why did she never continue those releases.

It's quite dumb, huh? 

I highly doubt it was the label decision to halt the releases, they want money after all and they fucking know she is a critics darling and she gets invited a lot to festivals and her shows sells well... 

Sky, you have no excuse but your ego. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

And most of them terribly bad

It's an insult

It's quite dumb, huh? 

I highly doubt it was the label decision to halt the releases, they want money after all and they fucking know she is a critics darling and she gets invited a lot to festivals and her shows sells well... 

Sky, you have no excuse but your ego. 

okay but we have no true real idea of what goes on behind the scenes so to assume sky is a liar without a shred of evidence towards that statement (that I'm aware of, at least), is kind of weird and wrong, in my opinion. she definitely wants to release her album. i find it weird that someone would lie about something like this in order to delay their album, and to reduce it to her ego is making big assumptions about a human that you don't even know personally, soooo idk.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Sitar said:

As if Halsey and Nasty Cherry didn't deserve the shade

No it's true its true! Especially Nasty Cherry, their music is  just awful. WDYLIM is a worse version of EIE (which... that song is already Losing You by solange the re-up but thats not here nor there)

2 hours ago, Sitar said:

at least they write their songs and don’t claim they invented a whole music genre? plssss

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

gays have a weird obsession with female artists and telling them what they can and cannot do. all i'll say is that it's pretty common for songwriters to write stuff together and not immediately record it, sometimes they'll have just one of the writers record vox to see how it sounds/to help them with potentially pitching it to other artists. do i think that sky is a fraud? idk and idc, but the fact that there is another writer's demo ≠ she doesn't write her own stuff.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Idk guys, I'm just waiting for her to finally address this situation. 

I highly doubt that for 8 years she has been sabotaged by her label

1 hour ago, HEARTCORE said:

gays have a weird obsession with female artists and telling them what they can and cannot do. all i'll say is that it's pretty common for songwriters to write stuff together and not immediately record it, sometimes they'll have just one of the writers record vox to see how it sounds/to help them with potentially pitching it to other artists. do i think that sky is a fraud? idk and idc, but the fact that there is another writer's demo ≠ she doesn't write her own stuff.

tenor.gif?itemid=4408216

10 hours ago, Sitar said:

omg hahahaha, tbh I stan for Halsey's latest album, the other two are just ok to me

8 hours ago, Monsef said:

No it's true its true! Especially Nasty Cherry, their music is  just awful. WDYLIM is a worse version of EIE (which... that song is already Losing You by solange the re-up but thats not here nor there)

Not a fan, but they are kinda ok

3 hours ago, alkolmoldah said:

What did Nasty Cherry do? 

2 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

exist 

Omg hahaha, now that's the shade lol (I love your posts sis)

Nasty Cherry is just an experiment curated by Charli XCX, those 4 girls were FORCED to be a band, they are people that Charli know but they don't even get along... I mean, if you have seen the Netflix show you can tell that Chloe Chaidez (who is also the frontwoman of the indie rock band "Kitten") is very problematic and looked very upset of not being the center of the attention and the main singer. Charli "The Boss" XCX had to put her on her place and humble her in order to have the band work.

At the end, Nasty Cherry only will last as long as the main singer is there, the other members are expendables (specually Chloe as she has her own band with a big fanbase), but I don't think they will ever release more than 1 album (if there's ever one). Their sound is very fabricated even though they are being sold to the public as a "real band". I see nothing organic on them.

Do I like their music? yeah, a few tracks
Am I a fan? Not quite
Are they or Halsey better than Sky? fuck no, Sky music is better (don't care who wrote the tracks)
Did Sky have the right to call them out? NO, that was so distateful and petty.

2 hours ago, paradiso said:

can we please just go back to begging for don't forget and descending...

You are allowed to beg, feel free to do it, nothing is stoping you :flutter:

7 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

Exactly! My guess is she had the lyrics written and this guy came up with the melody and instrumental as a reference track for her to record

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

She (and the label :creep:) never even positioned her as a songwriter, so frankly idc if she barely had any involvement in the writing process. This argument is circular and is tired from both sides 

BzhmW.png