TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

10 hours ago, EXODUS said:

It's funny how fucking Björk released two albums in the same time lapse we have been waiting for at least a Sky EP ? 

THIS. Björk AND Fiona Apple came through with albums yet Sky is just hiding somewhere in the basement of my mind, threatening with being forgotten forever omg. I swear this thread is the only reminder that she exists for me at this point :toofunny: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

19 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

THIS. Björk AND Fiona Apple came through with albums yet Sky is just hiding somewhere in the basement of my mind, threatening with being forgotten forever omg. I swear this thread is the only reminder that she exists for me at this point :toofunny: 

The worst part is that every time we say we won't be here for her, this fucking bitch releases something and it's flawless. 

We know her upcoming release will be flawless and we will eat it whole. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Capitol really said to Sky "you ungrateful bitch, we are giving our money to Halsey and make her do what we visioned for you" 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

Capitol really said to Sky "you ungrateful bitch, we are giving our money to Halsey and make her do what we visioned for you" 

I wish I could pretend that halsey is good... 

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

1 hour ago, KimKaDAB said:

I wish I could pretend that halsey is good... 

She has gotten better with each album, not a fan of her but I do like some of her songs, mostly the deep cuts. 

1 hour ago, 88AYM said:

I never liked her but watching this definitely didn't help

She feels so generic alt to me.

Gosh that video is so cringe worthy 

Imo she started very fake alternative on her first album but once she embraced pop she started to be more likeable. 

But truth be told, Downhill Lullaby is better than Halsey's and Sky's entire discography. 

44 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

She has gotten better with each album, not a fan of her but I do like some of her songs, mostly the deep cuts. 

Imo she started very fake alternative on her first album but once she embraced pop she started to be more likeable. 

But truth be told, Downhill Lullaby is better than Halsey's and Sky's entire discography. 

WHAT HOW IS DOWNHILL LULLABY ANY BETTER THAN ANY OF SKYS WORK ?? this is proof you are so starved from music from her i cant omg 

I think downhill lullaby is one if her worse songs in her discography it isn't bad its just ... giving very

tenor.gif

yes it is better than halseys discography i will not lie

58 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I just can't handle her, she is just as pretencious as Sky and thinks that she's kinda of a music genius, but at least Sky is a super perfectionist and will work till the last second if she can.

And Sky prob won't wish on twitter that Pitchfork office collapse just because of a medium/average rating

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

10 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

I just can't handle her, she is just as pretencious as Sky and thinks that she's kinda of a music genius, but at least Sky is a super perfectionist and will work till the last second if she can.

And Sky prob won't wish on twitter that Pitchfork office collapse just because of a medium/average rating

You're so right omg. I have no idea where Halsey gets her ego from because 1) Manic deserved the score it got and 2) she hasn't released a single album or song that has significantly impacted pop culture in any way. It also doesn't help that she's insufferable and cringey.

But I feel like Sky just feels the pressure of following up an album like her debut. Downhill Lullaby was... bad. And the reception to it probably discouraged her from releasing whatever album she had planned. 

I love sky but she should just do an idea rebranding at this point-dye her hair back to brunette and curly, do some cult tv show for HBO and use the money to fund whatever release that she wants. 

She’s only 28 but needs to get up and running now for career reasons, she could easily do a Jlo 

kind of thinking about how her new songs will be written considering she’s not a girl in early 20s anymore. shes just shy of 30 and shes probably done so much growing up and evolving mentally since ntmt. we’ve kind of lost her mid 20s era can’t even begin to really image the change in perspective her writing is going to have considering how long it’s been since a full length project 

54 minutes ago, princessdollie said:

kind of thinking about how her new songs will be written considering she’s not a girl in early 20s anymore. shes just shy of 30 and shes probably done so much growing up and evolving mentally since ntmt. we’ve kind of lost her mid 20s era can’t even begin to really image the change in perspective her writing is going to have considering how long it’s been since a full length project 

What writing

She has never been so missing as she is this year...

Like, only one Instagram post (always random and quite bizarre) and 2/3 storys per month??? Girl we know you're not doing anything at home

Not y'all comparing her to Halsey. Poor Sky is going out sad. That said, I like Badlands, despite a couple duds and cringeworthy songs (Castle, Colors, New Americana) it's a good alt-pop debut album. Her others haven't topped it for me.

NTMT is still a flawless, timeless album though, plus we have the unreleased demos. Voices Carry and Legends are so good imo!