TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

20 hours ago, KimKaDAB said:

LMAOO Capitol Records is now blocking people who asks about Sky Ferreira on their twitter replies...

We will never get that album..

It's probably some messy gay intern who's bored on the clock. It's not like it's Capitol Records CEO doing it lol

20 minutes ago, Monsef said:

It's probably some messy gay intern who's bored on the clock. It's not like it's Capitol Records CEO doing it lol

It's probably either a Halsey fan or Halsey herself lol

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

5 hours ago, Doja Cat said:

My guess: Since record deals are just a loan you have to pay back before starting to make any money, they invested in her pop stuff at the beginning of the career and she didn't make that money back, then she decided to switch to an alt sound which isn't appealing to the general public, and they didn't want to support that since it won't make them the amount of money they want, she probably shaded the wrong ego and she is being shelved till she is too old to have a career. Basically they don't want to pay for production, promo, videos and releases cause it won't make money and she fucked with the wrong people who are holding grudges against her. And probably there is something in her 500 pages contract that is forbiding her to speak out and explain what is happening. You don't want to mess with the rich people 

This narrative that it's at all about money doesn't make sense or stand any ground at this point.

We all KNOW sky isn't selling and capitol is the first one. Sky isn't an expensive artist and has a lot of revenue streams and opportunities (modeling, movies, features) because she's well liked and cool with literally everybody in LA (for some reason). For Capitol to be so stupid to jeopardize any chance of recouping their investment by BLOCKING her from releasing ANYTHING, IN 2021!!!!! is simply unbelievable and if true, unfathomable. Label vs. Artist clashes aren't new or unique to Sky, and assuming that a decently selling album or hit single is how you get real money let alone the ONLY way is not true. Look at Snail mail, soccer mommy, angel olsen, or every other indie rock girl. Hell, even a caroline polachek. And I'm sorry but you don't appear in a 200+ MILLION dollar grossing critically acclaimed movie and get featured on the soundtrack with no help.  

Sky HAS material, these tens of songs and snippets we know of could've been released LONG AGO with which she could've performed on festivals, a small tour, or radio shows like KEXP or Tiny Desk (Hell, she was on pitchfork's live fest in 2019 with ONE(1)!!! new solo song since 2013.) and paid them back that way. 

I'll choose to believe that she bruised a suit's ego before any of the other bullshit but didn't capitol change CEOs since 2012? You'd think whoever it is wouldn't give a fuck by now or has left the company but oh well.

8 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

It's probably either a Halsey fan or Halsey herself lol

it's actually halseys baby

So she said on Not Really in like March that the album was 80% done but basically implied that she has no contact with Capitol records and that they're not financially helping her. I still feel like she has a bigger part to play in all this than she lets on, but she also dropped that she ghostwrote several pop songs for people that were released but she couldnt say who being she's under an NDA since it was a legitimate "ghostwrite"

11 minutes ago, KillForLove said:

So she said on Not Really in like March that the album was 80% done but basically implied that she has no contact with Capitol records and that they're not financially helping her. I still feel like she has a bigger part to play in all this than she lets on, but she also dropped that she ghostwrote several pop songs for people that were released but she couldnt say who being she's under an NDA since it was a legitimate "ghostwrite"

I hope this is true.

I really don't believe that rumours that she stole songwriting credits just because of the Justin Raisen demos leaking and a indie singer who hates her saying this. If she really stole credits i don't think she would have such a good professional relatioship producers, like Ariel, Justin and Jorge

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

1 minute ago, KimKaDAB said:

I hope this is true.

I really don't believe that rumours that she stole songwriting credits just because of the Justin Raisen demos leaking and a indie singer who hates her saying this. If she really stole credits i don't think she would have such a good professional relatioship producers, like Ariel, Justin and Jorge

I mean I do understand some of the pushback because i do feel like she kinda misrepresented how much of the album she actually wrote, but I also don't really care if she writes her music or not, and its like a common practice among artists to ask for a writing credit due to the contributions their voice singing the song makes, but to say she "stole" them is a huge reach.

Idk I just want music from her at this point like I kinda do not care who wrote it, i just want SOMETHING if you know what I mean. Even another soundcloud cover would be nice.

23 minutes ago, KillForLove said:

not the ghostwritee coming back to ghostwrite

12 hours ago, KimKaDAB said:

Say what you want about Sky, but dragging her for 'stealing' songwriting credits is stupid. She never claimed to have written Legends or Guardian, and even if she didn't, plenty of artists have songs in their discographies that they didn't write. I think people are more mad about the delays, so they're looking for reasons to bash her.

But also, I don't really care about how much of the music she wrote or not if it's good. I feel like her vocals really 'make' the songs anyways in the sense that I always prefer her versions.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

16 hours ago, DaddyKnows said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just imagine 'I Pray for Rain' made it onto the final cut for the Fifty Shades soundtrack.

I'm glad it didn't JUST BECAUSE I don't care for FSOG, but it would've given her the coin (and GP visibility) that could've pushed works on the album a little faster :dua: 

I just realised if Sky decided to drop Masochism as singles like with Downhill Lullaby, every 4-5 months, even without a formal album announcement (with pre-order and shit), we'd pretty much have the full album by now.

Descending, Pray for Rain, Don't Forget, Mourning After, All My Lovers Die, Gaslight, Guardian, Legends, Voices Carry... ugh, Sky.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Say what you want about Sky, but dragging her for 'stealing' songwriting credits is stupid. She never claimed to have written Legends or Guardian, and even if she didn't, plenty of artists have songs in their discographies that they didn't write. I think people are more mad about the delays, so they're looking for reasons to bash her.

But also, I don't really care about how much of the music she wrote or not if it's good. I feel like her vocals really 'make' the songs anyways in the sense that I always prefer her versions.

it’s the fact people found songwriters demos of her ntmt songs that made people mad. also the way sky would always get mad at other for stealing her sound was annoying, especially if she didn’t even write it. so people were mad about that mostly.  

no one really cares if she writes or not tbh but don’t act like you invented it 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

12 hours ago, Nightmare said:

it’s the fact people found songwriters demos of her ntmt songs that made people mad

Which songs do you mean? I didn't see any NTMT writer demos leak or be discussed.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

it’s the fact people found songwriters demos of her ntmt songs that made people mad. also the way sky would always get mad at other for stealing her sound was annoying, especially if she didn’t even write it. so people were mad about that mostly.  

no one really cares if she writes or not tbh but don’t act like you invented it 

although that's true, it doesnt necessarily mean she didn't write it. it's actually common for people to write a song, then ask someone else to record it to see what it sounds like first

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

21 hours ago, Monsef said:

This narrative that it's at all about money doesn't make sense or stand any ground at this point.

We all KNOW sky isn't selling and capitol is the first one. Sky isn't an expensive artist and has a lot of revenue streams and opportunities (modeling, movies, features) because she's well liked and cool with literally everybody in LA (for some reason). For Capitol to be so stupid to jeopardize any chance of recouping their investment by BLOCKING her from releasing ANYTHING, IN 2021!!!!! is simply unbelievable and if true, unfathomable. Label vs. Artist clashes aren't new or unique to Sky, and assuming that a decently selling album or hit single is how you get real money let alone the ONLY way is not true. Look at Snail mail, soccer mommy, angel olsen, or every other indie rock girl. Hell, even a caroline polachek. And I'm sorry but you don't appear in a 200+ MILLION dollar grossing critically acclaimed movie and get featured on the soundtrack with no help.  

Sky HAS material, these tens of songs and snippets we know of could've been released LONG AGO with which she could've performed on festivals, a small tour, or radio shows like KEXP or Tiny Desk (Hell, she was on pitchfork's live fest in 2019 with ONE(1)!!! new solo song since 2013.) and paid them back that way. 

I'll choose to believe that she bruised a suit's ego before any of the other bullshit but didn't capitol change CEOs since 2012? You'd think whoever it is wouldn't give a fuck by now or has left the company but oh well.

it's actually halseys baby

I mean nobody knows what is in her contract. The money she makes from modeling and acting is not going to Capitol, she is probably using that money to pay producers and videos hoping they will let her release them one day. 

She better hurry up THIS YEAR. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, HEARTCORE said:

although that's true, it doesnt necessarily mean she didn't write it. it's actually common for people to write a song, then ask someone else to record it to see what it sounds like first

yes i know, i was not saying the rumors were true. i was talking about the reason why people were so annoyed by it. i honestly don't care if she wrote it or not 

2 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

What happened with that? I didn't see any of them leak (except EIE if that counts)

i don't really know, but eclipse was exposing her talking about finding writers demos of ntmt songs and saying she didn't write them at all

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

tbh yeah like what’s the point anymore :awkney: if the album does ever release , then what ? Another 5, 6, 7 years of waiting for the album after that ? 

there are many musicians throughout history who just released 1 great album then never released a follow-up . it’s best to just think of Sky as one of them at this point :oprah3:

RVhKIwP.gif