TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

4 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

i was responding to a comment that said that fiona took 7 years to release an album saying that in the first 8 years of her career she released 3

also sky not releasing an album is not part of her "plan" or part of her artistry it's just her being lazy lol

do you know what capitol is doing to her tho LOL

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, bigspender said:

do you know what capitol is doing to her tho LOL

Capitol is "doing" to her what labels have done to many artists before, yet many of those artist have decided to release their own music without their support in many clever ways (mixtapes, independent singles, crowd funding, side projects, pseudonyms). 

One example is JoJo, she wasn't able to release music with other labels, so she released music independently as mixtapes. 

Charli had issues with her label as well before she was able to release True Romance, so she released two free mixtapes. After Sucker, she had issues with them again and she was not able to release an album with her own vision, so she decided to release two paid mixtapes instead. 

Don't you think Sky would be able to release ANYTHING? After all she did a few collabs during these years, she was able to release covers on SoundCloud and she was even able to be part of the Baby Driver soundtrack and also be part of the David Lynch tribute album. 

How is her label the one stopping her releasing music?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

7 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

fiona is a literal legend i don't think you understand the scope of her influence everyone listens to her from kanye to ariana grande from florence to lana 

Sky ferreira ended fiona with one album  

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Her absolute power.

Blah-blah-blah Sky is over, blah-blah-blah she retired! Yet legendary singer Sky Ferreira still has people coming to her thread to discuss and complain after 8+ years since her album.

I really enjoy her first album and I’d love for another project but at this point if we get one it’ll be a minor miracle. Not saying it’s not gonna happen, but there is absolutely no reason to expect anything based on her words. I’m not even blaming her for that! I’m sure she wanted and intended to put out music but things (sickness, label hell, whatever else) always seem to get in the way. She’s like Lana in that she likes to make premature announcements about things. 

and just to backtrack to Fiona Apple a bit; yeah she takes hella long between records to come out with something but if she says new music is coming she means it. She isn’t saying every year that new music is coming out. Similar situation with Kate bush. They pop up every once in a while and give us great art, exactly when they intend to. Therein lies the difference. 

On 12/20/2021 at 9:57 PM, EXODUS said:

Capitol is "doing" to her what labels have done to many artists before, yet many of those artist have decided to release their own music without their support in many clever ways (mixtapes, independent singles, crowd funding, side projects, pseudonyms). 

One example is JoJo, she wasn't able to release music with other labels, so she released music independently as mixtapes. 

Charli had issues with her label as well before she was able to release True Romance, so she released two free mixtapes. After Sucker, she had issues with them again and she was not able to release an album with her own vision, so she decided to release two paid mixtapes instead. 

Don't you think Sky would be able to release ANYTHING? After all she did a few collabs during these years, she was able to release covers on SoundCloud and she was even able to be part of the Baby Driver soundtrack and also be part of the David Lynch tribute album. 

How is her label the one stopping her releasing music?

:sky:

Does anyone else here own a promo cd for Downhill Lullaby? Bought one a few months ago on Vinted, and was wondering if anyone else got their hands on one. Feeling like that’s the most niche niche collection item ever lol

With all these links from different artists in the last 24 hours, I'm surprised no Sky music has leaked. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

25 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

With all these links from different artists in the last 24 hours, I'm surprised no Sky music has leaked. 

we been very naughty this year, santa didn't came thru

4 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I'm not surprised, only disappointed :sideeye:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: