TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

12 minutes ago, glitch diva said:

Her mom's post is getting some buzz, she can't go back now. I do believe the full album is coming in March with some weird and messy rollout.

lowkey hoping she doesn’t initially go through with it so she gets “cancelled” (cause cancel culture isn’t actually real plus it’s sky so i mean) and then she’s forced to do it by capitol for reputation purposes

typing this out makes me realize how absolutely ridiculous that sounds :bebe: but then again this is sky ferreira everything with her is ridiculous

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, michellebranch said:

I wonder, what did Sky mean on instagram about the album release:

“It comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb“

guesses?

Lamb could point to a date around Eastern? 

proverb Used to describe the weather in March :omg:

in the northern hemisphere, where it tends to be very harsh and unpleasant in the beginning but milder and more palatable at the end

9 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

proverb Used to describe the weather in March :omg:

in the northern hemisphere, where it tends to be very harsh and unpleasant in the beginning but milder and more palatable at the end

I didn’t know this was a common phrase in English lol 

I know it's crazy, but I wonder if it has also another meaning attached to it, besides March. 

• release date confirmed & the proverb confirms new music release in March. Okay...
Spoiler

Let's not forget that a while ago she complained about "still waiting for a single release date" approval

Pode ser uma imagem de céu, oceano e texto que diz "skyferreira 2h Ver tradução> All of my "official" Iyrics are wrong. It REALLY bothers me. wish certain people would update/correct things related to my music...I wish could properly record release music too. Wishful thinking. I'm still waiting for my single release date btw. ٠ I'll upload the CORRECT lyrics on here (I guess?!) Enviar mensagem"

"NEW MUSIC RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED: let’s just say…uh…
~it comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb~ 👀💋🫀🧊"

Does lion & lamb mean and represent a double-single? Does it represent a single and the other an album?

Who knows?! Until there, let's just wait and see.

"Where it tends to be very harsh and unpleasant in the beginning but milder and more palatable at the end"

It can represent the sonority of the songs as well, she mentioned that some songs wouldn't please some fans 

due the sound of it, like Downhill Lullaby before. But there's also some pop-ish songs (which makes the album more palatable?).

👀💋🫀🧊

What about these emojis? Any suggestions? 

IMO they were just used to illustrate the post.

But...

19 hours ago, boom like that said:

march 8th: preorder for 16 vinyl variants, 7 cassettes, deluxe edition boxset with sky ferreira bondage straps, masochism clothing merch line, and an announcement of a masochism plushie only available exclusively through claw machines in Japan o2xdO2o.gifo2xdO2o.gif

Sky Ferreira Masochism coffee table book 

the girls that get it, get it

7 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Voices Carry is still one of her most amazing covers :poordat: I remember Sky spoke about the final version and said it had added synths/guitars. I wonder if she'll ever release that

I can easily call it as one of my fave songs of all time. I remember how I feel in love immediately as soon as I heard the chorus. It beats the original song every time. It shows how much sky cares about details and how her talent is wasted. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

19 hours ago, wildstar said:

if she is sill in the studio that album is not coming in march.............. :toofunny:

it doesn't really matter. many artists sometimes even two days before digital release they are in the studio mastering. we have 2 months to go. 

3 hours ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Hide contents

Let's not forget that a while ago she complained about "still waiting for a single release date" approval

Pode ser uma imagem de céu, oceano e texto que diz "skyferreira 2h Ver tradução> All of my "official" Iyrics are wrong. It REALLY bothers me. wish certain people would update/correct things related to my music...I wish could properly record release music too. Wishful thinking. I'm still waiting for my single release date btw. ٠ I'll upload the CORRECT lyrics on here (I guess?!) Enviar mensagem"

Does lion & lamb mean and represent a double-single? Does it represent a single and the other an album?

"Where it tends to be very harsh and unpleasant in the beginning but milder and more palatable at the end"

It can represent the sonority of the songs as well, she mentioned that some songs wouldn't please some fans 

due the sound of it, like Downhill Lullaby before. But there's also some pop-ish songs (which makes the album more palatable?).

Sky teased a few years ago that she wanted Masochism to be a double album. Might have something to do with that? Like the first half of the album is darker and the second half is more soft 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Now we just need an official date, a full date.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 1/23/2022 at 5:07 PM, Hummingbird said:

By the way, we have:

LEAKED:

All to Myself
Always Ready to Lose You

Baby's on Fire (cover)

Guardian (technically a bridge between NTMT and Masochism)
Hurt
Legends
Pray for Rain

Voices Carry (cover)

UNLEAKED:

All My Lovers Die

Descending

Don't Forget

Jump in the River (cover)

Love Street

Mourning After

could i have links for those songs please?

On 1/26/2022 at 12:34 AM, DownhillLullaby said:

Based on the lyrics and the names Sky teased, I think that one is possibly titled Vitriol Kisses

But I don't know why people call that one Love Street and it always got me wondering the same thing.

Hide contents

Maybe when she posted that snippet she used LOVE STREET in the caption? I'm not sure.

Ah damn well I hope we get Vitriol kisses then oO. I pray we hear it soon damn lol

I guess traders have this song under the name Love street? 

14 hours ago, DownhillLullaby said:

I know it's crazy, but I wonder if it has also another meaning attached to it, besides March. 

• release date confirmed & the proverb confirms new music release in March. Okay...
  Hide contents

👀💋🫀🧊

What about these emojis? Any suggestions? 

IMO they were just used to illustrate the post.

But...

The lion/lamb saying is about March, but you could be right too!

8V7Yvel.png