TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

30 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Everything on NTMT but the title track is heavily overproduced. It's noisy and kinda annoying. It was ok when it was released, but it did not age too well, considering she did nothing new ever since. Unpopular opinion but I'd like an album full of DHLs more than NTMT 2.0

The noisy sound is actually what gave her an 8.1 on Pitchfork

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

9 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

Who the fuck are Jack Harlow & Phoebe Bridgers?

do you actually not know who phoebe bridgers is :crossed: her music is actually very nice, she did get mainstream attention but it doesn’t matter because her music is very well produced and she’s a great song writer. i don’t listen to her much anymore but when her debut came out in 2017 i was ALL over it

12 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

NTMT is great but im going to say it

many of the songs are super repetitive and it detracts from it

i blame myself is the worst song on there, beside kristine. the music video made it all the worst 

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Everything on NTMT but the title track is heavily overproduced. It's noisy and kinda annoying. It was ok when it was released, but it did not age too well, considering she did nothing new ever since. Unpopular opinion but I'd like an album full of DHLs more than NTMT 2.0

I absolutely love the dark edgy vibe but I don't understand the point of the last loud part. It would be okay if it lasted for 5-10 seconds, but so long that I skip to the next song at that part. I actually feel like it aged well, I see plenty of similar edgy stuff going viral. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

my issue with the dark edgy vibe in ntmt is that sometimes it feels more childish ( boys is a good example ) like she's trying to not be a normal pop star and be all edgy but her lyrics don't match up with that at times. And maybe this is because i listen to a lot of noise and power electronics and punk, she just comes off as fake. like think avril in comparison to actual punk. I've seen her live before/ around in bars in nyc/la and she just doesn't seem super believable. 

i really think she shines on 24hrs, love in stereo and any of the other electro leaning songs, I understand that she wants to make cinematic sounding music now but DL was mediocre to me because of her vocals, like if lana had that song..... 

anyway she seems to have some of that 80s synth on masochism tracks so i'm hoping for some bops 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

I Will is this album's total beast - has always been my fav, despite my general love towards everything off that album (yes, Omanko, and, especially, Kristine included). Idk why, but the very beginning of I Will used to remind me of the beginning of Toxic by Britney.

20 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Yeah, maybe the cover EP would've been good, a shame she was a coward and didn't release it.
I think it was a safe bet that the final version of Voices Carry was part of the tracklist. We lost.

One of our beloved trusted insiders here in LB shared with us that Sky was about to release an EP full of covers last year.
Many LB users got angry at the fact of her releasing that cover instead of actual brand new songs and pushing back Masochism. Then, many of those users went to Instagram and started to drag her on the comments section of her latest post and other users asked her if that covers EP was real.

At the end of the day many other IG fans started to attack her and some others started to defend her. Sky started to reply to MANY comments, and she had a feud with one of the users commenting. It was a huuuuuge drama.

After how hard she was dragged and how anticlimatic the whole release was considering the awful pre-announce reception due to the information leak of the upcoming Covers EP,  her label or herself decided to cancel the release.

Around the same time, the same insider shared the writer demo for "Guardian" and revealed that she may or may not have written the song as she claimed.

I was the person she had a feud with :burn:

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

1 minute ago, AOK said:

I Will is this album's total beast - has always been my fav, despite my general love towards everything off that album (yes, Omanko, and, especially, Kristine included). Idk why, but the very beginning of I Will used to remind me of the beginning of Toxic by Britney.

TASTE her second best song (right before EIE)

30 minutes ago, bigspender said:

do you actually not know who phoebe bridgers is :crossed: her music is actually very nice, she did get mainstream attention but it doesn’t matter because her music is very well produced and she’s a great song writer. i don’t listen to her much anymore but when her debut came out in 2017 i was ALL over it

i blame myself is the worst song on there, beside kristine. the music video made it all the worst 

Literally had no clue she existed until seeing the original post I quoted

31 minutes ago, bigspender said:

Kristine & Omanko are definitely the worst on NTMT! Can't Say no should've been on the standard & not a bside

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

3 minutes ago, finalgirl said:

justice for Can’t Say No to Myself and Werewolf, they should’ve been on NTMT!

With how Werewolf final product sounds on B-Sides, I don't see it fit anywhere within the album, sonically.

My ranking of the b-side songs is I'm on Top > Werewolf > Can't Say No

But all three are better than Omanko and Kristine TBH 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 hour ago, eyelovelefteye said:

Literally had no clue she existed until seeing the original post I quoted

that actually has me shook…… i know i’m going off topic of the thread so this will

be my last post abt her but she blew up on tik tok and basically every social media and got nominated for album of the year at the grammys last year and won plenty other album of the year awards

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, BeautifulAnywhere said:

You could probably find them maybe 30-40 pages back? This thread is dead enough to head back a year quickly! I’ll See if I can find any screenshots for you tho 

Not so dead really - in comparison  to threads for other artists, this one is pretty much flourishing, Missy. Show some respeCCC

2 minutes ago, AOK said:

Not so dead really - in comparison  to threads for other artists, this one is pretty much flourishing, Missy. Show some respeCCC

True, but in retrospect still isn’t super alive & breathing except one a month when she posts another outtake :rollin: 

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

1 minute ago, BeautifulAnywhere said:

True, but in retrospect still isn’t super alive & breathing except one a month when she posts another outtake :rollin: 

I'm so freaking ready for her comeback. Can she announce something scheduled for March ALREADY???????? We're like, <waiting>???????