TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

1 hour ago, xcx said:

lmao why is it such a big deal that people see something questionable and question it? It’s really not that serious to be creating hypotheticals about her being manipulated to wearing the jacket. Also, you can be indigenous and racist and have black family members and be racist. I’m not saying she’s racist, but it’s not mutually exclusive. Your proximity to POC doesn’t mean you can’t be racist. Also, people are allowed to be disappointed when they see things like that. 

38 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

Look, I don't think Sky is really a racist, but it's important for us to question it and have critical sense.

And being native and brazilian doesn't mean you can't be racist, the President of Brazil is a literal racist, and as a brazilian i can say, since he got elected lots of racist people are getting brave and have no shame to be racist, because they know nothing will really happen to them...

Look I understand both of these points but what I’m trying to say is context is important. Sky most likely has firsthand experience of racism because of her family, so clearly isn’t the type of person who would be racist. 

Also, are we really comparing pop singer Sky Ferreira to the president of Brazil? 

What’s next Mariah Carey and Putin? 

As other people mentioned before, I strongly believe that she didn't know what those patches were. 

People use clothes that they have no idea of their context or meaning. (clearly ignorant but it happens A LOT)

That being said, based on other Sky positionings, she doesn't seem to be a racist person at all...

I hope she knows that this has to be it… no more false starts or broken promises. She should strike while the iron’s hot and follow through with an actual album, considering all those festival slots. I’ve never seen so much support for someone whose first and only album was released almost 10 years ago. So many people are rooting for her because we know that whenever it comes (2030), it will at least be better than just good. It’s a shame we don’t hear from her as often as she/we’d like, as she has a perfect voice for pop.

Let's blackmail her with these photos so she will be forced to send us flashdrives with Masochism inside

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

6 hours ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Not y'all trying to cancel her after all these years for a 2013's (!?) picture right when she's about to make her come back.

Should've brought this before darling... Don't play dirtyyy

I think it's from 2011. She had long wavy hair during her pop era. In 2013 she already had medium to short hair. So she was 18-19 back then. I would be canceled if people knew what I was doing at that age. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

9 minutes ago, shady said:

I think it's from 2011. She had long wavy hair during her pop era. In 2013 she already had medium to short hair. So she was 18-19 back then. I would be canceled if people knew what I was doing at that age. 

we would all be cancelled if everything from our past got brought up again, it just happens to celebrities because they’re famous. cancel culture is disgusting 

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, bigspender said:

we would all be cancelled if everything from our past got brought up again, it just happens to celebrities because they’re famous. cancel culture is disgusting 

I couldn’t agree with you more. Cancel culture is disgusting and evil. Instead we need to be educating people and forgiving them if they recognise their mistakes and are truly sorry. When I think about some of the awful ignorant things I might’ve said or done as a teen it makes me shudder but thankfully I’m not in the limelight for someone to drag those up and ruin my adult life / career one random day 

10 hours ago, AOK said:

An old ass photo on which she clearly looks like she has no idea that the patches could represent any racist-sort-of thing. Just look at her. SHE HAS NO IDEA.

7 hours ago, DownhillLullaby said:

As other people mentioned before, I strongly believe that she didn't know what those patches were. 

People use clothes that they have no idea of their context or meaning. (clearly ignorant but it happens A LOT)

I don't think she should get crucified for these old pics but this is so dumb bsddfjhh like Please she knew what those patches meant (at Least the confederate flag..) she probs thought it was punk rock or whatever dumb shit. No need to make excuses that make no sense :toofunny:.

qfrWuBl.png

the mental gymnastics some of y'all are doing... it's crazy how some of you put celebrities on a pedestal and expect them to act exactly like you want them to and to not make any mistakes. never thought i would say this but let's go back to begging for masochism 

44 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

i kind of want a clear silver glitter vinyl for masochism :diva:

i feel like it could be tacky but also cute if sue did a picture disc with a lipstick print? but actually like a kiss from her, not a 💋 emoji. (her lips would take up the whole picture disc:toofunny:)

giphy.gif