TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

We all get upset with the delays and whatnot but seeing people call Sky “lazy” and other shit and now even bringing Michael Jackson up is just a mix of mean and dumb, honestly.

Sky’s been posting music online since she was 13. Her cover of “God Bless” is from 2007. She wrote and recorded dozens of songs in studios in North America and Europe when she was STILL in her teens. She got a contract with Bloodshy and Avant in July 2009 by HERSELF. She modeled for tons of top-notch brands and magazines for years. Then she stopped because (1) she’s ALWAYS had problems with her label and (2) she’s ALWAYS been messy with her releases + her perfectionism.

For christ’s sake, just give the woman a break. Some of us have been there since the very beginning, others came afterwards and we are alllll tired and upset with the long wait. But I find it incredibly annoying how in every page there are people criticizing/mocking/bashing her for any reason, even if it’s a 2 or 4 or 5-year old reason.

1 hour ago, EmptyPromises said:

Oh, I'm only speaking for myself! 

For me, it's just amazing that this talented beautiful girl that they were trying to doll up into a typical popgirl was really this awkward, painfully shy girl (Now woman) that broke through with more of a cool loser, old school meets contemporary, edgy persona. 

Granted, I was never there at the start (earliest song i heard was Obsession and im not sure how I feel about it now but I once loved it) so I don't know if my impression is off and rose colored tint of discovering her stuff and the Legend of Masochism.

I'd actually love to hear about the early days from fans!  

Mainly because I'm running out of Sky content and does she even do interviews???

With the correct amount of money, yeah, she would do any interview. Go ahead and try, she is super nice actually.

32 minutes ago, Jord said:

We all get upset with the delays and whatnot but seeing people call Sky “lazy” and other shit and now even bringing Michael Jackson up is just a mix of mean and dumb, honestly.

Sky’s been posting music online since she was 13. Her cover of “God Bless” is from 2007. She wrote and recorded dozens of songs in studios in North America and Europe when she was STILL in her teens. She got a contract with Bloodshy and Avant in July 2009 by HERSELF. She modeled for tons of top-notch brands and magazines for years. Then she stopped because (1) she’s ALWAYS had problems with her label and (2) she’s ALWAYS been messy with her releases + her perfectionism.

For christ’s sake, just give the woman a break. Some of us have been there since the very beginning, others came afterwards and we are alllll tired and upset with the long wait. But I find it incredibly annoying how in every page there are people criticizing/mocking/bashing her for any reason, even if it’s a 2 or 4 or 5-year old reason.

Oh c'mon, it's been 9 years already without an album and every year she has promised something. It's not like people will only come here to say good things, there's not much to talk about someone who has released officially by her own (no collabs, no covers, no leaks) just around 28 songs since 2010 !!! (NTMT, As If EP, Ghost EP, Downhill, One, Obsession, 17)

She is lazy, the whole "she has problems with her label" and "she's messy with her releases and a perfecionist" thing is super dumb at this point. 

Again, many other artists have had HUGE issues with their labels, even going to trials and whatnot, and still they have found ways to release stuff.

JoJo released two mixtapes while she was waiting for the trial to finish her contract with her original label.
Charli released two mixtapes while her debut album was under label hell, and then she released two other mixtapes because her label didn't want her to release an album after SUCKER.

Sky is just... lazy.

Maybe, as you said, she has super very hardworking during her Myspace days, she was very productive 2007-2013, but once during Masochism it seems like she just took everything for granted and didn't find a way to release music, she just kept waiting for her label to accept her stuff and release it.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

giphy.gif

2 out of 31 opportunities for Sky to announce something official.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I know we all like to hound her but I don’t think she is that lazy to be fair to her. Who knows how many iterations Masochism has had over the years, if anything, she overdoes it and we just don’t ever get to hear what she has to show for such a wait. Could she be more proactive in getting music out there by using any connections she has? Absolutely. However, we don’t know her contract and if she would get in trouble sharing songs without permission as there are people that produce and write with her as well that could be affected. I also think the fact that she self-funds these studio sessions is a huge pain, would it really hurt Capitol that much to give sis some semblance of a budget?

23 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

I know we all like to hound her but I don’t think she is that lazy to be fair to her. Who knows how many iterations Masochism has had over the years, if anything, she overdoes it and we just don’t ever get to hear what she has to show for such a wait. Could she be more proactive in getting music out there by using any connections she has? Absolutely. However, we don’t know her contract and if she would get in trouble sharing songs without permission as there are people that produce and write with her as well that could be affected. I also think the fact that she self-funds these studio sessions is a huge pain, would it really hurt Capitol that much to give sis some semblance of a budget?

This.

I understand when people claim she could release mixtapes and etc. and I don’t blame them when they do because in fact we have other artists who have done it, however each contract is a different contract, with different NDAs on many levels and so on.

Just so people know, Sky was meant to put out a mixtape in December 2009 with a couple of her covers (including “Stand Back”) and even back then she wasn’t allowed to. In 2011 she leaked “Dynamite State” then got in trouble.

We have more evidence that shows that a lot of her music doesn’t come out because of label problems and perfectionism than conspiracy theories about “laziness.”

22 minutes ago, Jord said:

This.

I understand when people claim she could release mixtapes and etc. and I don’t blame them when they do because in fact we have other artists who have done it, however each contract is a different contract, with different NDAs on many levels and so on.

Just so people know, Sky was meant to put out a mixtape in December 2009 with a couple of her covers (including “Stand Back”) and even back then she wasn’t allowed to. In 2011 she leaked “Dynamite State” then got in trouble.

We have more evidence that shows that a lot of her music doesn’t come out because of label problems and perfectionism than conspiracy theories about “laziness.”

Didn't know about the covers mixtape back in 2009, thanks for sharing.

29 minutes ago, popstar supernova said:

SHES BACK OMGGG :party:

That's a January 2018 post. Please don't create hype when there's no reason to. 

I never meant to imply she is "lazy" at any sort, but she's ...procastinating i guess?!

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

30 minutes ago, mintconfetti said:

Listening to 99 Tears for the 1 billionth time manifesting an announcement :party:

Best electropop song she has ever released. 

I dreamed last night that 50% of my hair fell off probably because of hair products. I was at first shocked but then I was like "I'll search for hair growth tips and cut the rest of my hair to be like Sky Ferreira in 'You're Not The One." What the hell is wrong with me lmaoo? My natural hair is kinda like Sky's and I'm obsessed with her bleached short hair era but I would look like an idiot if I actually cut my hair. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif