TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

24 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

I played her :smokes:one and only album:smokes:to my bf who’d never heard her music the other day and he went “this is so dated” and turned it off, I couldn’t even argue:krylie:sky where are you

That's the thing with NTMT, it's a great album but it's not even close as being the timeless masterpiece people think it is.

I truly believe it is very beloved by most of us because it was a wild ride from 2010 to 2013 to get it in our hands (imagine Masochism lol 2014 - 2022... 2023?) 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

WHY. DONT. THE. LABEL. WANT. THIS. ALBUM. OUT. 

I don’t get it!!! She’s so marketable I can’t believe it’s been this long. Smaller artists have had their sophomore albums released even when their first flopped… I’m so sad 

1 minute ago, 99tears said:

I don’t get it!!! She’s so marketable I can’t believe it’s been this long. Smaller artists have had their sophomore albums released even when their first flopped… I’m so sad 

Yeah, don't make any sense, even if the fault was only on Sky they would have forced her to release something already in 2017, like SZA sometimes is forced to release material.

I really really think someone big there just HATES her

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

12 minutes ago, 99tears said:

either Sky is the issue, or she really fucked up and made someone mad at Capitol and this is them getting revenge. Didn't she have connections to major music people?

negAbhB.png

I need her to tell us the truth.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

5 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I need her to tell us the truth.

you want the narcissist to admit how they fucked up their career and probably blew through a lot of label money in a pursuit of 'perfection' with nothing to show for it? good luck with that

55 minutes ago, 111 said:

you want the narcissist to admit how they fucked up their career and probably blew through a lot of label money in a pursuit of 'perfection' with nothing to show for it? good luck with that

:icant: I need more than good luck, I need Halsey to write a book about it.

40 minutes ago, EmptyPromises said:

If the movie based on it doesn't cast either Madonna or Halsey as Sky herself i dont want it 

Halsey as teen Ferreira 

Madonna as 30-years-old-with-still-just-one-album Ferreira 

Sky Ferreira - The Movie

(Dir. Pedro Almodovar)

Emma Stone, Sydney Sweeney, Elle Fanning and more fighting for Sky Ferreira's role

Ezra Muller as Michael Jackson

Meryl Streep as Carol, Sky's grandma

Marisa Tomei as Tonia, Sky's mom

Robert Pattinson as Zach Cole Smith

Alexa Demie as Halsey

Scarlett Johansson as Miley Cyrus

Zooey Deschanel as Katy Perry

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

giphy.gif

22 out of 31 opportunities for Sky to announce something official.

Unpopular opinion i guess, just spilling thoughts, not trying to rebuttal previous posts. The only song that sounds really dated to me on NTMT is Everything is Embarassing, because that's strictly a mid-2000s tumblr song to me and it never really fit on the album. NTMT was the perfect closing track. 

The rest of the songs had such a diverse sound, it gives me 80s and 90s vibes more than 2010s. Maybe I relate Sky more to the artists she is inspired by like Joan Jett, Fiona Apple, Blondie, etc, so I don't feel like NTMT is stuck in the 2010s in the same way Electra Heart or Badlands or Cry Baby are for example. It seems a bit more relatable to Ultraviolence not sounding like it's stuck there either. Not saying it's as timeless as UV, but maybe because I don't hear NTMT as the "signature indie pop sound of 2013"... therefore I can see it anywhere? 

I'm starting to lose hope too.

It's the 23rd of March and we haven't gotten a single word from her. I'm not coming to this thread anymore this month unless she releases something.

Would everybody agree to lock this thread if nothing gets released on Friday April 1st? 

And unlock it once she releases anything. 

Or is anyone against this idea I'm proposing?