TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Just now, 111 said:

this thread is the only entertaining thing left of her career lol why lock it :hottie:

Her instagram posts are not even that entertaining anymore, huh? 

Just a memorabilia of her past and dead dudes. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

17 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the thing is that... what is there to discuss about

like literally what IS there to discuss about

Are we really doing this right now?

if people want to discuss her farts then let them.

Just dont come in the thread, problem solved. 

But some of us are new fans too, and there's so much that we/I don't know about... Also, sometimes I want to stan, shitpost or go in depth about her without a character limit.

So this isn’t directly to do with sky but I feel like it sheds light on a similar artist on her label with a slightly smaller audience. Basically two days ago DeathByRomy who’s another artist who is signed to capital came out and spoke about the treatment of artists by their label. 

5-AE564-E1-BE08-4-F99-A958-D0-CB4027-DEA25-BD8-C24-D346-4845-AE6-A-6-B8652-D36025-A038-C58-7-D55-491-E-A0-B0-7555650-B3142289018-DF21-432-D-80-F0-61-B67-D2-D7712-F3838-C3-EF23-4-D84-9520-DC189387-F21-E27-E94-F3-556-F-45-FE-A0-D0-2776-D4029-6-E0-BFF51-3584-4-AEC-9401-61-A065-CE012F6-E56693-F85-D-4016-8-A86-7-A93-FF30-DB

She states they dropped her while holding her under contract and are not letting her release songs she paid for herself. I don’t think the exact same thing has happened to sky as they’re not really trying to mold her a certain way anymore but I definitely think it sheds light on the experience of an artist working with Capitol, Why Sky hasn’t done a proper release in so long because a lot of what Romy said is similar to comments Sky made on the “not really” podcast episode about Britney. 

11 minutes ago, princessdollie said:

So this isn’t directly to do with sky but I feel like it sheds light on a similar artist on her label with a slightly smaller audience. Basically two days ago DeathByRomy who’s another artist who is signed to capital came out and spoke about the treatment of artists by their label. 

5-AE564-E1-BE08-4-F99-A958-D0-CB4027-DEA25-BD8-C24-D346-4845-AE6-A-6-B8652-D36025-A038-C58-7-D55-491-E-A0-B0-7555650-B3142289018-DF21-432-D-80-F0-61-B67-D2-D7712-F3838-C3-EF23-4-D84-9520-DC189387-F21-E27-E94-F3-556-F-45-FE-A0-D0-2776-D4029-6-E0-BFF51-3584-4-AEC-9401-61-A065-CE012F6-E56693-F85-D-4016-8-A86-7-A93-FF30-DB

She states they dropped her while holding her under contract and are not letting her release songs she paid for herself. I don’t think the exact same thing has happened to sky as they’re not really trying to mold her a certain way anymore but I definitely think it sheds light on the experience of an artist working with Capitol, Why Sky hasn’t done a proper release in so long because a lot of what Romy said is similar to comments Sky made on the “not really” podcast episode about Britney. 

Wow this is so fucking sad and fucked up.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Sky has been dead for years, yet our goddess Charli asked her through a ouija board if she wanted to make a final song for the gays and when Sky said yes, Charli resurrected her for a few minutes just to have her record her lines and then went to hell again.

Praise Charli XCX for this huge bop.

I saw a girl on Tiktok by the end of 2020 talking about Capitol Records, with a really similar issue.

It seems they only want people who can drop instant hits and are already popular, this is so fckn awful

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

57 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

I saw a girl on Tiktok by the end of 2020 talking about Capitol Records, with a really similar issue.

It seems they only want people who can drop instant hits and are already popular, this is so fckn awful

They seem, to me, the worst label in the US.

But oh well, it's kinda also the artists fault for not reading the whole contract, and if they did, well... they knew what they were signing for.

23 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

This NEVER works, but I sign the petition anyway. Rather say we tried than we didn't give a fuck.

Another full circle moment: 

Back in 2013 I came across this "unreleased Lana song" called Ambulance, and i loved it so much.

For a full 2 years I thought it was Lana, then I find out it was pitched and it's actually a singer called Coco Morier. It sounded way better unpitched.

In 2019 or 2020 I heard Sky wrote Journey to the Center of the World and gave it to Coco Morier, so I thought that was a cool connection. Then yesterday I found out Ambulance was actually Sky's song too! 

Sky seems to be at the centre of the musicians I love, cause I very recently found out she wrote with Shirley Manson from Garbage- one of my first favourite bands.

3 hours ago, sophiesmom said:

Does't Capitol want to make money ? 

let's be real here, even if she dropped masochism tomorrow she wouldn't even come close to the $$$$$ debt that she owes them. Bloodshy and avant aren't cheap. if she gets dropped this is going to be a ryn weaver situation where she's probably going to be taken to court over all the money she owes them. 

sky signed with them to be a major popstar, and then changed her mind 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif