TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Anyway, just dreamt that Sky had announced Masochism on her website with a lot of visualizers for each song but every country was able to see one different song title.

And also there was a Taylor Swift collab in it we were all like???????????????????????????????????????

:wtfney:

Oh and there was a gallery of photos as well... just like artists did back in the days

2 hours ago, godsmonster said:

i saw someone complaining about how she’s gonna be doing this 80s sound and they’re disappointed because it’s overdone

meanwhile her music has always been influenced by the 80s/90s in some way it’s literally her entire aesthetic 

I second this. People are just trying to find somehow a way to complain about everything...

:duck:

When Masochism releases and it's the 2018 album version with the leaks scrapped (and not replaced) and all the tracks being cut to 1-2 minutes for the streaming era :xgiggle:

Don’t make me get dark on you, baby

I’ll go dark… 
˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

39 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Yes. And I firmly believe in this because of the previous story she posted about wrath and death threats till April which right after the announcement, she deleted it. But this teaser was such a good thing because as you all could see, there are a lot of people WAITING ON HER.

This sort of graphics for teaser can’t be done on such short notice. It was probably finished on 31st (earlier than some estimated date in April) and immediately uploaded.

6 hours ago, backseat said:

does anyone else have a feeling that sky wasn’t planning on saying anything last month and then she started getting all of the hate was like “we need to come up with something real quick” and put the teaser together super last minute to avoid the backlash she would’ve gotten? idk i especially feel like that because the aesthetic is so different from what has been of the masochism “era” so far, DL and most of the photoshoots from the last few years were going down a completely different visual direction haha i was NOT expecting the sudden 80s new-wave thing in the trailer. i wonder what the music video is gonna look like

I think the teaser already existed but the only reason they put it out March 31st was to capitalise on the hype surrounding the fans in frenzy at her delaying again. Also, I think they didn't wanna wait till April 1st as people might've thought it was a prank lol. Regarding the aesthetic I think it's refreshing to see something new, I mean people's styles and artistry change over time and Sky's had so much of that. I wouldn't even be surprised if the album had a different title now, I mean she was 23 when she announced the album and she's 29 now... that's a lot of time for life and evolving.

What is even indie sleaze? I keep seeing some posts announcing its comeback and I see that Sky and Kate Moss are the faces of it. There are a thousand definitions. I assume people on this thread know it because Sky is heavily associated with it. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

16 minutes ago, shady said:

What is even indie sleaze? I keep seeing some posts announcing its comeback and I see that Sky and Kate Moss are the faces of it. There are a thousand definitions. I assume people on this thread know it because Sky is heavily associated with it. 

it’s a party scene that was quite popular from 2006(?) til 2012 and sky was very much in it, it didn’t have a name until last year i think.

look at @indiesleaze on instagram for more pics/context

think lady gaga just dance music video, katy perry and american apparel vibes 

1 hour ago, blameitonme said:

it’s a party scene that was quite popular from 2006(?) til 2012 and sky was very much in it, it didn’t have a name until last year i think.

look at @indiesleaze on instagram for more pics/context

think lady gaga just dance music video, katy perry and american apparel vibes 

Ahaam, I checked it. Based on the pictures it's basically 2000s millenia grunge, except it lacks rock and probably had Tonight I'm Loving You playing in the background. I literally thought it was more soft grunge and tumblr-ish because of Sky and the definitions. Not impressed :wtf:, many of those indie sleaze celebs are either Karens or/and boring af now.

19 hours ago, backseat said:

does anyone else have a feeling that sky wasn’t planning on saying anything last month and then she started getting all of the hate was like “we need to come up with something real quick” and put the teaser together super last minute to avoid the backlash she would’ve gotten? idk i especially feel like that because the aesthetic is so different from what has been of the masochism “era” so far, DL and most of the photoshoots from the last few years were going down a completely different visual direction haha i was NOT expecting the sudden 80s new-wave thing in the trailer. i wonder what the music video is gonna look like

It's the other way around for me, if it was sudden like you say there was no reason for her to switch up the aesthetic of the album considering she had no time to prepare

I think she did it on purpose 

19 hours ago, backseat said:

I always thought Masochism had an 80s vibe. Maybe it became even more prominent since the 80s new wave is very trendy ever since After Hours and Future Nostalgia. Even if she changed the direction over the years, it's completely valid and I would do it the same. Sky's vibe in NTMT has always been heavily late 80s - early 90s. 

54 minutes ago, shady said:

it's basically 2000s millenia grunge, except it lacks rock and probably had Tonight I'm Loving You playing in the background. I literally thought it was more soft grunge and tumblr-ish because of Sky and the definitions. Not impressed :wtf:, many of those indie sleaze celebs are either Karens or/and boring af now.

ASSJKBTKVKVJDAGGLYDI DDU