TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

6 hours ago, zombie girl said:

from what i’ve observed over the years, the vast majority of capitol artists sign a contract for 5 albums. so… she is never going to be free

It’s horrible how they trap young artists like this. Surely there should be a law that if you sign a contract at 16 or so it can be reviewed in 10 years or something. Also, I don’t know anything but can’t Sky sue them for not honouring the contract and actually releasing said albums? I mean if she provides the material and they shelve her it’s not her fault… do contacts not have an expiry date? 

33 minutes ago, 99tears said:

It’s horrible how they trap young artists like this. Surely there should be a law that if you sign a contract at 16 or so it can be reviewed in 10 years or something. Also, I don’t know anything but can’t Sky sue them for not honouring the contract and actually releasing said albums? I mean if she provides the material and they shelve her it’s not her fault… do contacts not have an expiry date? 

I’m not sure about all the technicalities of music contracts. However, I do know that if the artist is seen as « no longer profitable », the label could put an end to their agreement. Maybe this is Sky’s game in the end: to be seen as unreliable so she could break free? 🤷‍♂️ (bear in mind that I am a very casual fan of hers, really not knowing much about her or what’s behind the scene, and it’s why I don’t comment much on this thread)

On 4/24/2022 at 6:10 PM, legend said:

https://dbree.org/v/506263

to whoever posted this, the last 3 second snippet (3:58-4:01) is a cover of Tamaryn's "Hands all over Me". Is that really how much she shared of it? Such a great song. If it exists, I hope we ever get to listen to the full thing.
(BTW, Tamaryn wrote most of the songs from Masochism, Jorge produced them, so this record will be basically a Tamaryn record sung by Sky)

As to people recommending Hatchie, yeah, she's fucking amazing, and has her own patreon where she shares covers and demos and also premieres stuff in advance (music videos, singles, etc).

https://www.patreon.com/hatchie

And to people saying Hatchie is stealing her sound... You can check her previous releases, she is so fucking talented Robin from Cocteau Twins remixed Sure, and Jorge Elbrecht offered to HELP her produce this album (Giving the World Away). The album was mainly written and produced by her and her husband, and then when proposed to her label (Secretly Canadian) Dan Nigro and Jorge liked it so much they wanted to step in. The girl is crazy talented and references particular sounds from different eras in such a perfect mix... She's amazing. I really do recommend you all to give her a listen. My favorite songs are Sure, Stay With Me, Without a Blush, Quicksand, Lights On, Don't Leave me in the Rain, The Key and Til we run out of air. 

Also her covers are fucking fantastic

Nnn don’t let sky see this, she’s very firm when it comes to her being a songwriter 

if you think hatchie served even remotely what masochism is supposed to be then you don't deserve it lol... 

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

It's not coming this month, I don't even have hope.

May for sure lol

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

https://thirdsidemusic.com/artists/sky-ferreira

Queen got her page done already!

In the past, Sky showed some kind of frustration towards Capitol about not taking care of her stuff properly. So basically it seems like they made an agreement and TSM will help her to take care of the distribution of her songs. It is indeed a good sign, really good for her. 

Spoiler

But where's the damn single release? Enough of teasings and soon soons. 

Also, her Apple Music bio's profile was updated. (?) Confirming that the album title is still Masochism. 

Spoiler

(as it should mwah) :hooker:

[...] In 2015, Ferreira began work on her second album, Masochism. The following year, she collaborated with Primal Scream on their 2016 album Chaosmosis. She also appeared in several film and television projects, including Edgar Wright's 2017 movie Baby Driver (which featured her cover of the Commodores' "Easy"), the third season of Twin Peaks, and Jonas Åkerlund's 2019 film Lords of Chaos. During this time, she issued a cover of 'Til Tuesday's "Voices Carry" and worked on music with Night Time, My Time producers Ariel Rechtshaid and Justin Raisen. In March 2019, Ferreira released the track "Downhill Lullaby," a Masochism teaser that featured production by Dean Hurley and Jorge Elbrecht. [...]~ Heather Phares & Jon O'Brien 

https://music.apple.com/ca/artist/sky-ferreira/368290849

18 minutes ago, LanaDelEye said:

Is it even going to be titled "Masochism", still? 

Like, the name starts to wear me out for some reason

LOL I accidentally replied to your question. We posted it together

:prettyhurts:

4 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

right because Listen!!! is right there

Amazing song, amazing album.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

15 hours ago, zombie girl said:

from what i’ve observed over the years, the vast majority of capitol artists sign a contract for 5 albums. so… she is never going to be free

she could always put out independent mixtapes if what's keeping her silent is capitol

I’ve been listening to Sky for years, but I’m not really that clued into her creative process. Does she actually write songs? Like she’s credited as the main songwriter on all the songs of her first album, but someone has said on here that Tamaryn wrote all the songs on Masochism? Or did they mean that she wrote them with Sky? Because if Sky didn’t write a single song on Masochism, that changes a lot for me lmao. 

3 hours ago, LanaDelEye said:

Almost feels like *z**l*a B**ks' Fantasea II: The Second Wave. Like, almost a decade ago, girl.

Still perched if Sky's album is still titled Masochism, but I'm lowkey curious if we end up getting an album with another title. If we get an album.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Stream Aly & AJ first album in 14 years 

https://open.spotify.com/album/6fhydReXt41QBLPRiompN5?si=5zlcf5dyQ2ebnbbiwZPpmg&utm_source=copy-link

Timeless sound 

Great lyrics 

Amazing production 

Wonderful mixing and mastering. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

6 hours ago, Air said:

if you think hatchie served even remotely what masochism is supposed to be then you don't deserve it lol... 

Sure, an album that's "taking more than 10 years" which isn't even done by her, just has her record vocals over handcrafted music coached for her.
Don't get me wrong, I wish Sky the best (I wouldn't be replying on this dumpster shit if not), but Hatchie at least can play instruments, sing beautifully live and be working with great talented people who don't DO THINGS FOR her, but collaborate, and is also at the beginning of her career having no conflicts whatsoever or lying to anyone, plus releasing new content monthly in her patreon...

And where is Sky? Still swearing everyone else is to blame but herself?
The comparissons are bound to happen because the same producer's behind both projects, but yeah, Hatchie's an artist and Sky is just a cool singer with good taste.