TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

59 minutes ago, lonely lonely night said:

she's not 21 anymore, that's how the passage of time works. it honestly boils my blood when women are accused of "aging badly," like the girl isn't even 30 years old. everyone else on that carpet has spent tens of thousands of dollars getting blepharoplasties and rhinoplasties and endoscopic brow lifts and cheek implants and buccal fat removal to look undetectably perfect. the beauty standards for celebrities and women in general have changed drastically over the past decade and i feel quite confident that sky has gotten little if any work done. she looked more tired than other people at the event because she's not pumped full of juvederm and xeomin. she was probably quite nervous, stress also ages you and she has been transparent about her health issues. sky won the genetic lottery and this is apparent from her stacked modelling portfolio, i think she looked beautiful and natural and more people should take after her as well as people like fiona apple and alicia silverstone who are aging gracefully. i'm not trying to hate on people who do get procedures done nor do i want to start that conversation but i think the take that she looks old or unhealthy is misogynistic. she's maturing in a very normal way

Sorry if my comment came across as bashing Sky for aging. I said that I thought at first that she looked older because of bad lighting, but in other pics she looked gorgeous. I saw the other pics after I wrote that comment. I'm aware how much celebs have plastic surgery, I watch Lorry Hill after all lol. Sky's tired look isn't tied to her age, it's something in her eyes. I know plenty of 30+ year olds that don't have a resting sad face. I'm not really aware of her health issues so it's probably that. I agree that it's rooted in misogyny and patriarchy because I hear that shit everyday about women, even from other women. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

15 minutes ago, moondrunk said:

She has done more than her album tho. She's been active in modelling - recently in a Marc Jacobs campaign - has had film roles and is gearing up for a comeback that was trending on Twitter. I'm not surprised she was there. The Met isn't just for massive top stars. Other, lesser known celebrities go as well. Sky is still a name in the fashion industry (even has a Marc Jacobs eyeliner named after her) so I think she has some justification for being there. Compared to TikTokers she at least is an artist. 

Agree with the last sentence though. As much as I wish her to be an A or a B lister, let's be honest... 

She gets a modeling gig here and there but I don't see her ever being mentioned in the modeling community or see her face anywhere, but I hear other good low profile models being mentioned. It's great that she's working for MJ and hopefully she becomes his muse. Her nature look is kinda more high fashion while her early 20s look was more for commercial modeling. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

23 minutes ago, shady said:

Sorry if my comment came across as bashing Sky for aging. I said that I thought at first that she looked older because of bad lighting, but in other pics she looked gorgeous. I saw the other pics after I wrote that comment. I'm aware how much celebs have plastic surgery, I watch Lorry Hill after all lol. Sky's tired look isn't tied to her age, it's something in her eyes. I know plenty of 30+ year olds that don't have a resting sad face. I'm not really aware of her health issues so it's probably that. I agree that it's rooted in misogyny and patriarchy because I hear that shit everyday about women, even from other women. 

i wasn't calling you out specifically, it's something that i've seen said elsewhere as well. i mean it's the same lighting everyone else was being photographed in and the carpet is literally lined with lights to avoid that exact issue; i think she looks stunning in every photo to be honest. the look in her eyes is probably due to being in a stressful situation, she hasn't even acknowledged that she went so it's clear she had some reservations about being there. she's always embraced the demure and grungy look, it's pretty central to her whole vibe. i think we can all admit there has been some indication of drug use so in addition to stress and her poor health that may have been a contributing factor as well. no shade to you whatsoever <3 i just feel like there's a good chance she may read some of these online responses and it's nerve wracking enough having to attend one of these events, being objectified like that and having your appearance critiques is obviously really upsetting and like you said, rooted in patriarchy

I think she looks hot, but I get people still picturing NTMT era Sky because we haven't gotten shit from her since lol.

I love her bone structure and eyes. That one bit someone uploaded where she's posing for pics was insane because she'd go from really warm eyes in between shots to just ... Effortlessly cool, penetrating gaze.

I fucking love her so much :heidi:

5 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

that one photo of her in the carpet is so bad and she looks like she hasn’t slept in a week, but close up she looked so beautiful 

60pwNgT.jpg

Wow she looks beautiful. I want to see more of her hair with the brown underneath. I'm obsessed!

I'm late, so forgive me if the last 5 pages are more of the same as what I'm saying. I think what makes her look "aged" is literally just the bone structure of her face. Her face is naturally more more dry in terms of flesh. Look more into Kibbe body types if you want to know about that kind of thing (bone structure, how flesh looks over bones- soft vs dry). The makeup on her eyelids also doesn't do a good job of "opening up" her eyes, but she's always been into that kind of look anyway. 

In some photos it's just the camera that got her eyes half blinking. She looks like a different person. But in others, she looks fabulous! Exactly how I'd expect her to look 10 years since NTMT. Her hair looks the best it's ever looked too!

FRzTqroWYAISS0M?format=jpg&name=large

sky-ferreira-arrives-at-the-2022-met-gal

4 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Her name is Hikaru Utada and she is doing some art you should check out. 

Spoiler

Oh boy, she's really vibing during that song. Here's the exact moment as my gif: 39:45

You can check her latest album "BAD Mode" on Spotify (the entire live session is to promote this 2022 album, the live versions are far superior thanks to the crazy live production and her superior vocals).

And here's the studio version of "Hotel Lobby" which is the song she's performing and vibing at in my avi. It was released as an album cut from her debut 2006's US/english album "EXODUS" as simply "Utada" (she make it easier for the western people to remember her name).

She later released a second and last US/english album "This Is the One" in 2009. Now she doesn't feel the need to separate her Japanese and English music. With her 2022 album "BAD Mode" (8th major japanese album) becoming her first bilingual album with some japanese songs mixed with some english songs.

Make sure to check out "BAD Mode" and "EXODUS" if you are into experimental pop songs with electronic beats. She's the main producer and composer of her songs from those two albums and all her discography ever since she was 14 years old. She's a musical genius.

TRIVIA:

• She's now part of the Charli-verse as A.G. Cook has co-produced two songs on this latest album: One Last Kiss and Kimi ni Muchuu. He also remixed one of the singles as a bonus track Face My Fears (A.G. Cook Remix).
  • Rina Sawayama stans for Hikki (as fans know Hikaru Utada) and has named her as one of her major inspirations. Hikki attended the Charli's Pop2 show in the UK where Rina opened the show. Here's a photo backstage!
  • She's well worldwide for being the singer behind every main Kingdom Hearts song from the videogames series. "BAD Mode" includes the song from Kingdom Hearts 3 "Face My Fears" in both english and japanese (plus the remix).
  • Other Kingdom Hearts songs are from KH1 "Simple and Clean" ("Hikari" in japanese), KH2 "Sanctuary" ("Passion" in japanese") and KH3 second song "Don't Think Twice" ("Chikai" in japanese).
  • The song that most of her western fans listen first was the remixed version of "Simple and Clean" titled "Simple and Clean (PLANITb Remix)" that appears in the intro for Kingdom Hearts 1.
  • She's also well known for doing the main song for each of the four "Rebuild of Evangelion" movies (2007-2020). You can listen to all the songs from the films in her "One Last Kiss" single/EP.

•  

Simply amazing. Thank you very much, I gotta check her music! I clicked in the video and it showed the exact minute you mention and :oprah: now THAT'S how you recommend an artist to a friend :smile:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

The fact that anyone thinks sky looked less than perfection last night should be ashamed. She looked gorgeous and glamorous. She is finally gearing up to come back and she’s doing it right. She obviously doesn’t love being in super social settings but she showed up and rocked that ishhhh. You should all be so lucky.

also those who are saying she isn’t big in the modeling world…do you realize how many huge campaigns she has been part of? Maybe in the last few years not as much but she has worked with many of the top designers and labels and been the face of major campaigns.

Let’s not with the negativity, she’s an icon and let’s be real…yes I’ve been thru the years of the up’s and downs and heartache that comes with stanning her, but things are definitely different this time and she’s coming. So let’s give her the respek she deserves 

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Simply amazing. Thank you very much, I gotta check her music! I clicked in the video and it showed the exact minute you mention and :oprah: now THAT'S how you recommend an artist to a friend :smile:

You're welcome! Lemme know if you get into her ☺ there's also a thread for her here 

Thank you king @avenue for the thread and the taste. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

11 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I'm late, so forgive me if the last 5 pages are more of the same as what I'm saying. I think what makes her look "aged" is literally just the bone structure of her face. Her face is naturally more more dry in terms of flesh. Look more into Kibbe body types if you want to know about that kind of thing (bone structure, how flesh looks over bones- soft vs dry). The makeup on her eyelids also doesn't do a good job of "opening up" her eyes, but she's always been into that kind of look anyway. 

In some photos it's just the camera that got her eyes half blinking. She looks like a different person. But in others, she looks fabulous! Exactly how I'd expect her to look 10 years since NTMT. Her hair looks the best it's ever looked too!

FRzTqroWYAISS0M?format=jpg&name=large

sky-ferreira-arrives-at-the-2022-met-gal

She has cheek filler now also

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

49 minutes ago, EmptyPromises said:

Nah.

Her face is thinner than before and she doesn't have that weird puffy look. She's always had high cheekbones

Yeah definitely not filler or anything cosmetic. When she was younger her face was a lot fuller so probably just thinned out a bit as she got older which is so normal…