TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

5 hours ago, zombie girl said:

righttt 😭😭 i really hope that the alternate mix is on the album. it would be kind of legendary if the alt mix was the opener and the single version was the closer or vice/versa

2 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

DL is one of her best songs, y'all are tripping

is good but def more like an album filler. don't forget def has the single vibes, same for Descending which im praying it will make the album 

Just now, imStiflersMom said:

is good but def more like an album filler. don't forget def has the single vibes, same for Descending which im praying it will make the album 

Don't Forget is nice but it's just another overproduced and overloaded track. DL had a much more intetesting vibe and felt like artistic progression

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

5 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Don't Forget is nice but it's just another overproduced and overloaded track. DL had a much more intetesting vibe and felt like artistic progression

DL is literally what I would call overproduced

Like others have said the quality of the leak is compressed and edited but y’all are probably setting yourselves up for disappointment if you’re expecting a totally different sounding song, you’ll just grow tired of it from listening on loop before it’s even officially out. If it was gonna leak (even though it shouldn’t have), it could’ve at least been 2-3 days before and not over a week in advance

What if Sky releases I Pray For Rain and Guardian as B-Sides for the singles, without them being included on the album just like in the eighties?

:oprah4:

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

2 hours ago, EYEYE said:

This is what I'm using. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

fDROUr4.png 

are these songs uploaded anywhere? I only have voices carry, guardian, legends, and I pray for rain :deadbanana:

tumblr_nqdg6cs78L1ra4d6ro1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

i think downhill lullaby, both mixes, are great but the version that she chose to release was a very, very odd single choice… especially after 6 years. it has grown off of me a lot since it came out. i think it is more of a table-setter than a single, and it would sound really nice as an eerie opening track and put you in the mood for the rest of the album. those strings at the beginning put you in a trance and are kind of like, “i’m about to sit down and listen to this for an hour, this is making me feel the way this project is supposed to make me feel.”

it still probably could’ve passed as a good comeback choice if it was like a buzz thing, and descending or something was released as the actual lead alongside the album announcement like 2 or 3 weeks after. but it is a strange impression when it’s all we have after over 3 years. it’s definitely going to grow on me again in the context of masochism as a whole, whenever that happens

This, DHL feels futile as a single because they didn’t follow it up with anything and they didn’t even let her make a music video. Imo it’s far from a bad song but I can see how for some people it doesn’t lend itself to repeated listens due to how long and heavy it is sonically and thematically. I hate the excuse of “____ sounds better in the context of the album,” but Downhill would have been complemented by the other songs.

17 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

DL is one of her best songs, y'all are tripping

Agree, is glorious in a HiFi system

13 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Agree x2, Don't Forget is ok but it's overproduced af and sounds like any other Tamaryn song which's meh.

1 minute ago, avenue said:

wait it leaked? sorry i’ve been living under a rock

It leaked! I hope you like it better than me, I think is very uneventful and not worth the hype.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Do you guys think DF is the album opener? It kinda feels like it

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

I know it’s delusional and it would take up a spot that could go to a new original song but I hope Voices Carry final makes it onto the album. Her rendition really makes the song her own, no one else that has covered it has  matched and/or possibly topped the original except for Sky’s. It also slots in nicely within the theme of the album.