TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

9 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

They should’ve really moved up the release to tonight because we’re having the same conversations every single week ddd + some clarification from her would be nice, we can only speculate so much

You expect so much from the same girl that has kept us in the dark since 2014 when she started to say "soon" and give not so subtle hints of when the new music is coming for years. 

She announced Masochism very soon even though she didn't have half of the record done, then she scrapped some songs throughout 2014 until 2022. 

She keeps saying one day she will tell us what happened but I don't think she ever will unless she is out of Capitol AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE we will know something (if it's not lies). 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

18 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

You expect so much from the same girl that has kept us in the dark since 2014 when she started to say "soon" and give not so subtle hints of when the new music is coming for years. 

She announced Masochism very soon even though she didn't have half of the record done, then she scrapped some songs throughout 2014 until 2022. 

She keeps saying one day she will tell us what happened but I don't think she ever will unless she is out of Capitol AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE we will know something (if it's not lies). 

I’m aware of her long long history of false starts lol I’ve been here waiting just as long as you! It is sad that at this rate wanting a simple explanation is expecting too much from her, but we don’t even know if the reason she can’t speak out is because she’s legally bound not to/if the label strung her along with false dates as well. I commend people who are mature enough to be critical of their faves, but almost every time I see you talk about her in here or ATRL it comes across a little demeaning since you always remind us how unoriginal, lazy, not so special she is, she buys all her songwriting credits (with what earnings I’d ask). All of us already know she’s not as prolific/active within her field as she should or wants to be, ofc we want her to share her creative process so certain rumors are proven true or false, we want confirmation of an album cycle after all the times we’ve been led on. We are all right there with you in your frustration but there are better ways to express it imo. Let’s ride it out and see if she proves herself with whatever is coming, but if you don’t want to wait no one will make you

3 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

I’m aware of her long long history of false starts lol I’ve been here waiting just as long as you! It is sad that at this rate wanting a simple explanation is expecting too much from her, but we don’t even know if the reason she can’t speak out is because she’s legally bound not to/if the label strung her along with false dates as well. I commend people who are mature enough to be critical of their faves, but almost every time I see you talk about her in here or ATRL it comes across a little demeaning since you always remind us how unoriginal, lazy, not so special she is, she buys all her songwriting credits (with what earnings I’d ask). All of us already know she’s not as prolific/active within her field as she should or wants to be, ofc we want her to share her creative process so certain rumors are proven true or false, we want confirmation of an album cycle after all the times we’ve been led on. We are all right there with you in your frustration but there are better ways to express it imo. Let’s ride it out and see if she proves herself with whatever is coming 

Yeah you can tell I'm at this point sick of her, but here I am because I love the music and I have a love/hate relationship with her lol

I just want her to come through already and shut my filthy mouth and prove me wrong. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 minute ago, EXODUS said:

Yeah you can tell I'm at this point sick of her, but here I am because I love the music and I have a love/hate relationship with her lol

I just want her to come through already and shut my filthy mouth and prove me wrong. 

It’s tricky isn’t it? It’s hard to not let the waiting and the broken promises tarnish that appreciation we have for what music we do have from her, but I do think a lot of the frustration we have comes from a good place of wanting her to be the artist we know she can be. It’s super sad to think we could be on like album 4 rn, I assume even she gets bummed out about the very slow evolution of her career (I know I would)

44 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

It’s tricky isn’t it? It’s hard to not let the waiting and the broken promises tarnish that appreciation we have for what music we do have from her, but I do think a lot of the frustration we have comes from a good place of wanting her to be the artist we know she can be. It’s super sad to think we could be on like album 4 rn, I assume even she gets bummed out about the very slow evolution of her career (I know I would)

It's pretty depressing, just look at her two most immidiate peers... 

Charli:

5 albums 

4 mixtapes

1 shelved album

1 self released album

1 EP

Grimes:

5 albums 

1 EP

Meanwhile Sky just has:

1 album 

2 EPs

About 3 or 4 shelved albums ☠ 

4 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

It's pretty depressing, just look at her two most immidiate peers... 

Charli:

5 albums 

4 mixtapes

1 shelved album

1 EP

Grimes:

5 albums 

1 EP

Meanwhile Sky just has:

1 album 

2 EPs

About 3 or 4 shelved albums ☠ 

Charli really does put Sky and their other peers to shame like… to have her work ethic + unflinchingly maintain the quality control, she’s next level :legend:

22 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

Charli really does put Sky and their other peers to shame like… to have her work ethic + unflinchingly maintain the quality control, she’s next level :legend:

Right? 

She is the ultimate alt pop princess. 

Back in 2012 I thought either Marina or Sky would be better musicians than Charli, and oh boy I was so wrong. 

I’m kinda losing all hype for this tbh. The song is great, but the fact that she hasn’t announced it yet - which doesn’t promise anything good - and that the album is still not done just kinda turned me off it. 

the song IS coming next week (can't believe i am the one who has to keep reminding y'all), but all this "i hate her now, no i love her now, no i hate her etc." whenever she does something is not cute, pick a side. you are gonna get a song and if you are very lucky you will get a music video and some social media engagement, y'all saying now that you lost interest or whatever but if you buy into the hype once the song drops and think there is transparency, honesty and consistent releases from her in the horizon... :awkney2:

15 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

So random she’s doing that one off show thing in London next month

Isn't it the Grace Jones' Meltdown on the Southbank Center? 

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

I had a dream Sky announced the album and it had a different name (can’t remember it),  the cover was a bit tacky like one of Lana’s cheap covers with love hearts and angel emojis all over it with her in the middle.  But I Prey For Rain was on the album! 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

24 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

she’s coming :oprah4:

Yeah, she's coming from her bedroom to the living room, from the living room to the kitchen, and from the kitchen to her bedroom again, and then she will take a nap:oprah4:

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson