TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

If ever there was a time for her to follow up with an album, I think this is it. She seemed a little uncertain around Downhill; she had $5, an unfinished album, and scraps from her Playboy shoot with Sandy. I may be speaking out of turn as I don’t know her personally but I also feel like she’s in a much better place/looks healthier now? This could very well be another false start but with the amount of budget and actual acknowledgment from Capitol, things are looking up Little Ferrets

I feel for her, i’m no stranger to deleting things in a panic or state of embarrassment :rip: i’m just tired of her playing with everyone’s emotions/ always keeping us in the dark.. but i am rooting for her :heart:

14417469274.gif

It's weird how she blamed Capitol for the lack of releases all these years and now is her who feels insecure about releasing music while Capitol is the one supporting her. 

Everything is so strange. 

But for the first time in a long time I'm proud of her saying the truth about why she deleted the original post and blamed no one but herself. That's what I want from her: honesty. And I applaud that. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

so do we think she will be able to put out another song this year? :xgiggle: or in the next 3 years for that matter? 

posting a single announcement is enough to send her spiraling into panic good luck with that masochism that you speak of

7 hours ago, pinkfuneral said:

I get the sense that Sky is nervous about releasing the song and hasn't wanted to commit to a date so Capitol kinda forced her hand with next week's release: 

https://www.thefader.com/2022/05/18/sky-ferreiras-first-new-song-since-2019-is-coming-may-25/amp

Could be that (I honestly know nothing about her, except a song or two, but lurking on this thread is pure entertainment when you have no emotional attachement to the outcome :gasp:), or it could also be, in her défense, that the music industry has been on its head for the passed year. EVERYONE recorded during the pandemic and is ready to release an album… but the vinyl supply chain can’t meet demand, so plans for a proper rollout before an album, change all the time and are pushed back. Maybe this is what happened with the single: they don’t want to release it too much ahead, especially if her fans waited for so fucking long for her comeback, it would trigger PTSDs.

I dont even want multiple singles for Masochism like one is already pushing it… its too risky as it gives her more time to delay the album. We just want the 15 track 1 hour long album ma. and we want it a week after the single drops :bitchfight:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

27 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

since she kept changing the single cover and release date, and the mv was recently filmed i doubt masochism is even finished 

she had a decade… 

honestly the "i deleted the post because i panicked" is so dumb. i'm sorry guys i don't wanna sound insensitive but what the fuck? there's literally nothing to panic for, it's just release date, which is also pretty well already approved by your label, what you panicking for??? i can't with her

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

honestly the "i deleted the post because i panicked" is so dumb. i'm sorry guys i don't wanna sound insensitive but what the fuck? there's literally nothing to panic for, it's just release date, which is also pretty well already approved by your label, what you panicking for??? i can't with her

if she panics over a single announcement i can’t imagine the album announcement 

20 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I would assume she's nervous about the announcement since it's her first official release since Downhill Lullaby lol…

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

11 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I would assume she's nervous about the announcement since it's her first official release since Downhill Lullaby lol…

being nervous is a thing, panicking is another. you know damn well people are BEGGING for your music, everyone will listen and most people will enjoy it tot, the label is on your side, you have support from the magazines, twitter makes you go viral every two days. what is she worried about? pls...

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

since she kept changing the single cover and release date, and the mv was recently filmed i doubt masochism is even finished 

Hasn’t it been confirmed by insiders that it’s not finished and that it’s coming next year? I read that somewhere iirc. They’re doing an EP first I think? 

But then again I’ve seen people spill details on the track list so maybe it is almost finished? Not to mention that Sky said at the start of the year when she reposted a magazine’s “Most anticipated albums of the year” list that it’s coming for real this time. 

But I agree with what everybody is saying: If it’s this much hassle to put out one song then I can’t even begin to imagine the mess she’ll be causing when it comes to releasing the album. 

Considering that the song has been up on DSPs since the week after the first teaser I’m guessing all these delays really were her doing. The label probably gave the go ages ago and readied the song for release only for her to spend the month after that panicking over the release and being too scared to actually release it. That’s why she never posted an announcement and only gave vague hints. With her festival run approaching I’m guessing they made her commit to a date at last and that’s why it’s coming out. I really don’t see anything else following anytime soon tho if I’m honest. It’ll come eventually but it’s just always a whole process for her to get these things out. 

The photo of the MV that she posted looks so interesting...

She still having my attention

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

21 minutes ago, moondrunk said:

Hasn’t it been confirmed by insiders that it’s not finished and that it’s coming next year? I read that somewhere iirc. They’re doing an EP first I think? 

But then again I’ve seen people spill details on the track list so maybe it is almost finished? Not to mention that Sky said at the start of the year when she reposted a magazine’s “Most anticipated albums of the year” list that it’s coming for real this time. 

But I agree with what everybody is saying: If it’s this much hassle to put out one song then I can’t even begin to imagine the mess she’ll be causing when it comes to releasing the album. 

Considering that the song has been up on DSPs since the week after the first teaser I’m guessing all these delays really were her doing. The label probably gave the go ages ago and readied the song for release only for her to spend the month after that panicking over the release and being too scared to actually release it. That’s why she never posted an announcement and only gave vague hints. With her festival run approaching I’m guessing they made her commit to a date at last and that’s why it’s coming out. I really don’t see anything else following anytime soon tho if I’m honest. It’ll come eventually but it’s just always a whole process for her to get these things out. 

i’m not trying to prove you wrong or anything but where did the insiders say there’s an ep coming

no hate just trying to collect info:legend:

54 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i’m not trying to prove you wrong or anything but where did the insiders say there’s an ep coming

no hate just trying to collect info:legend:

I believe someone said it on another forum. A user mentioned that on here last week or so I think?