TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

oh no not this but

The album is written. I think there’s some things that need to be finished, and I would like to write some [more] songs.

It took me a long time to get back here, but I’m back. I’m not gonna back down that easily. I’ve done all the groundwork, and it’s ready, and I’m ready.

Omg a new version of Downhill Lullaby is coming:

”Downhill, I’m gonna put it on my album, but I’m gonna put out a different mix and stuff. I had other versions too, and originally the other versions were supposed to come out.”

giphy.gif 

1 minute ago, DownhillLullaby said:

oh no not this but

The album is written. I think there’s some things that need to be finished, and I would like to write some [more] songs.

It took me a long time to get back here, but I’m back. I’m not gonna back down that easily. I’ve done all the groundwork, and it’s ready, and I’m ready.

See you guys in 3 years

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Sounds like an 80s bop to me! I like it. Definitely hear the NTMT influence 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

HER IG STORIES THE PHOTO PLEASE SOMEONE POST IT IN HERE

HER HAIR SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS

5 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

Omg a new version of Downhill Lullaby is coming:

”Downhill, I’m gonna put it on my album, but I’m gonna put out a different mix and stuff. I had other versions too, and originally the other versions were supposed to come out.”

as it should! 

About touring she said there’s shows yet to be announced as her team figures out the dates and that she’s waiting on Ariel to finish up the songs they’ve started. Some more songs coming out throughout the year as well by the looks of it, Descending seems to be up next.

It seems like you’ve found two people who get you in Jorge and Tamaryn, who you’ve been working with on the album. What has it been like to work with them? They worked on the whole record with you, right?
They’ve worked on a lot of it, for sure. There’s some other stuff that hopefully I’m doing with Ariel Rechtshaid that we started years ago, and then we’re going to do some new stuff. But Ariel is like the busiest person on earth now, so it’s just a matter of us getting enough time to properly do it. But there’s some songs with Ariel — and I know people think it’s songs they’ve heard, but there’s some that they haven’t. Jorge is in my band right now, he’s going on my tour with me. We have a really good dynamic. He’s the most ideal producer to work with — not to be like, “Oh, you know, that works with women.” But it’s hard to get producers at a certain point, especially when you’re starting out, to take you seriously as a producer. That’s the thing about producing as a female, because they say, “It must be a vanity thing,” as if these male producers, some of them aren’t vanity things. But God forbid an artist puts their name on something. You collaborate with someone and people assume you don’t do any of it. I’ve had to hammer it into people that I also produce my stuff, and they still don’t believe it. He’s not trying to coddle you while doing it or something. He really does listen. And he has good taste. And Tamaryn, she’s one of my favorite songwriters and I’ve always wanted to work with her. I think she’s an important artist too. She writes such interesting, cool pop songs for herself. Our music’s different, and it still sounds like me, but she got me. It’s cool because I’ve never really been able to work with many women before too.

You mentioned touring. I know you have a few shows booked for this summer in Europe; do you mean just that, or is there —
There’s going to be more shows. They’re just not announced. I think there’s a date thing that they’re figuring out. Because also, I’m going to be finishing the record at the same time, and I don’t want to — that’s the whole thing, too. I mean, a lot of it’s written. I don’t want people thinking I haven’t started the album or something. A lot of it’s done. It’s just more mixing, rerecording certain parts, changing certain lyrics. It’s little details. Hopefully it doesn’t feel like I’m on the clock, like on a Japanese game show. Like, Okay, you have one session and you have to write three songs or else you’re not going to be able to have things covered for two years. I would like to be able to do that without that weighing me down. But maybe it will just be these songs.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

13 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

oh no not this but

we don’t want her to write more songs we just want the album this year