TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I agree that the interview still leaves a lot of questions unanswered, but her determination to not kill this momentum really comes across. She’s very aware of how she is perceived and the fact that she is talking about the album, tour, and that this isn’t going to be another Donwhill Lullaby situation is all very promising.

im so proud of her. This song is amazing, like yes I’m prolly biased but I don’t know what more you people want. It’s dark, powerful and catchy as fuck

i really hope she isn't lying this time... it's clear from this interview that it's basically impossible we're getting this album this year, but if she keeps on the public eye and releasing singles consistently until an official announcement is a start, we've been waiting for 10 years, one more is ok IF she keeps feeding us regularly

I can't believe we all collectively teleported the the dimension where Sky releases! Don't Forget is as good as I Pray For Rain, Descending & Guardian. I for one am falling for her again with belief of an album being real

:yesnod: I don't need to deceive ya

I'm the real bad girl :godlaugh:

57 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

"I’m hoping that these streaming services don’t compress the fuck out of the song. I did a mix and a master, and according to people I’ve worked with in the past, they’re like, “They’re gonna compress it.” Then it just sounds completely different. But that’s also me being a control freak at a certain point, because I know once I put it out, it’s no longer mine."

She knew Apple Music would fuck up the song sound lol

Okay, really obscure, but the one streaming service that I find to be respectful of music quality/getting quality masters for songs is Qobuz. If this is something people care about Qobuz is the way. And if you have the hardware (and patience for it) considering in terms of service, it pales next to Spotify.

Where are y'all getting that the album isn't for this year? I thought she was talking about not fucking up this release cycle...

Lmaooo I'm loving the fucking song. Yeah it's not groundbreaking but probably it's all I'd want from her right now and given the circumstances. I hope she drops a third single in the next 1-2 months and then the album asap. End of the year would be awesome considering her release history and the fact that the album is not finished.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 minutes ago, xenomorphqueer said:

Where are y'all getting that the album isn't for this year? I thought she was talking about not fucking up this release cycle...

In the interview she stated that most of the songs are written but she wants to write more on top of that, which doesn't lend itself to the album coming this year if it isn't even almost done. Especially if the label wants vinyls out with the album.

4 minutes ago, 400lux said:

In the interview she stated that most of the songs are written but she wants to write more on top of that, which doesn't lend itself to the album coming this year if it isn't even almost done. Especially if the label wants vinyls out with the album.

oh i just saw... girlies im just gonna get excited for Descending and ditch . it's been real

It has a lot of replay value for me and it is so deliciously 80s… The production actually reminds me a lot of Japan’s Gentlemen Take Polaroids album? I know some people are apprehensive because the 80s sound has been done to death recently but I think if anyone knows how to use it most effectively/will pull from obscure references it’s Sky? Her voice was made for pop like this

if you think this song is literally not good then did you not enjoy NTMT at all? this ticks all the boxes: gritty guitar + strings + moody synths, anthemic chorus???????????????????????????????????? girlies you hhave NO IDEA how obsessed i am with this song  :hair:

15 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

It has a lot of replay value for me and it is so deliciously 80s… The production actually reminds me a lot of Japan’s Gentlemen Take Polaroids album? I know some people are apprehensive because the 80s sound has been done to death recently but I think if anyone knows how to use it most effectively/will pull from obscure references it’s Sky? Her voice was made for pop like this

its true ITS TRUE 80s esque is what she excels at the most like i dont know how to explain the terminology for 80s music but the cliches being more synth leaning, anthemic choruses with the song usually ending with a fade out.. she gets it. she gets the formula correct like i pray for rain is LITERALLY drive by the cars

During both conversations, Ferreira sounds confident that Masochism will arrive sooner than later — even this year, perhaps. Compared to the “Downhill Lullaby” rollout, there’s more evidence to back her up this time, from a new publishing deal to an upcoming music video (which she’s been editing herself) and tour to increased public appearances in recent weeks, namely a Met Gala showing that set the gossip press off. Ferreira now thinks back to her first album, which she only released once she convinced her label, Capitol, to let her self-fund recording sessions so she could work without oversight.

14 minutes ago, drewby said:

It actually doesn't sound that great on Apple Music to me :toofunny: Sounds much better on Spotify.

my time on audiophile forums finally serves me, and i can say with near certitude that this is because they don't do playback at the same volume! so it's placebo, as in your brain perceives louder music as higher quality. apple music's version played in lossless quality should sound better (most noticeably with cymbals) because while the file is heavier, all the data remains in it.

spotify has a setting to disable loudness normalization (which technically shouldn't hamper quality unless it's on loud) and apple music's sound check can be disabled in iOS settings > Apple Music. but since each service probably handles audio levels differently... it's probably not volume matched even then.

another thing, apple's lossless encoding won't work with bluetooth devices because bluetooth is inherently lossy.

Sky is right that streaming services may or may not compress the shit out of her song and have it sound terrible. Tidal is known to do this when labels send out "masters quality" recordings. this is horrible because MQA, the file format used for Masters, is basically a scam that makes your music sound worse than lossless. but i don't think anyone cares to use Tidal anyway.

edit: last paragraph is kind of hyperbolic language, the song won't sound like shit encoded on MQA. but it won't be lossless, and it is worse than flac encoding which doesn't need to be played on specific hardware that costs a lot of money. if you want your song file to sound the best, it has to be lossless (.flac or .aiff, the latter is what apple music provides as it's apple's encoding), and after that it's all differences in what master was sent to streaming, of which Don't Forget shouldn't have more than one. this is relevant for older songs

2 hours ago, Ceremonials said:

decent to good album filler... 

im scared this album is going to come out in 3 years and the 80s sound will be beyond over saturated..... 

but shout out to her for owning up to her bs. this album isn't out because of her, not capitol. 

absolute shit take

this song is amazing, literally what i wanted from her!!! 

negAbhB.png