TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

4 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

wow she's literally never going to release anything again after pitchfork called DF a "bland return"

:ohno: 

Then someone leak the album - or at least Descending and All My Lovers Die :wat: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I truly don't think there is such a thing as an overproduced song :true: if it aint loud and blocking out every other earthly noise I don't want it anyways DF is so good playing it alongside Guardian, Legends, Pray for Rain, DL, and One Way to Heaven and it's essentially the 2015 EP of the year 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

this is what pisses me off about stan culture, people who share any critique of the artist’s work are automatically labelled as haters. like i’ve been listening to sky since she released one, i’ve been a fan for over a decade. i support her and want her to succeed, and i like don’t forget. do i need to lie and say the 9 year wait hasn’t been a little bit anticlimactic? as long as people aren’t attacking her character, because obviously nobody has the right, then there’s nothing wrong with having an opinion. i’ve said this previously but as much as i do really enjoy don’t forget, it is admittedly a bit bland for a comeback single. she had years to work out this release and it was still a nightmare. i really hope after this vulture interview that she can get this album done and release it within the next 12 months

1 minute ago, lonely lonely night said:

this is what pisses me off about stan culture, people who share any critique of the artist’s work are automatically labelled as haters. like i’ve been listening to sky since she released one, i’ve been a fan for over a decade. i support her and want her to succeed, and i like don’t forget. do i need to lie and say the 9 year wait hasn’t been a little bit anticlimactic? as long as people aren’t attacking her character, because obviously nobody has the right, then there’s nothing wrong with having an opinion. i’ve said this previously but as much as i do really enjoy don’t forget, it is admittedly a bit bland for a comeback single. she had years to work out this release and it was still a nightmare. i really hope after this vulture interview that she can get this album done and release it within the next 12 months

I think releasing Descending would have made more of a statement and mitigated some of these reactions. But we have to also acknowledge anything she does will be anticlimactic considering there's such a huge mystique that surrounds her and this album. She's been in too deep for 5 years

15 minutes ago, xenomorphqueer said:

I think releasing Descending would have made more of a statement and mitigated some of these reactions. But we have to also acknowledge anything she does will be anticlimactic considering there's such a huge mystique that surrounds her and this album. She's been in too deep for 5 years

i agree, but it's frustrating because i also think don't forget had the potential to be exactly what was needed if there were some chorus, lyric, and production changes. i was so hyped for it based on the teaser and the snippets she posted in the past, the final product sounds like a completely different song

Pitchfork is trash 

THE AUDACITY to call it bland after one of them heard DF before anyone else on the occasion of the cover story they did with her in 2019.

If it were bland, why would they write about it in the first place?

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I dont think the song is bland but honestly this is no where near Downhill Lullaby.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

11 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I think on Apple Music it's the Dolby Atmos mix that sounds off. Her voice is drowned out and certain instruments are way too loud, e.g, at 0:53 or 2:42.

Omg I just heard, at first it looked like some effect but when the guitar gets up and her voice gets down...

I'm sorry but I don't find any flaw on this track. It is a grower and the transitions might be unexpected, but that ain't a bad thing but a good one as it feels as an unique pop song. Also, lyrically is MORE powerful and great than DL if you actually compare each other

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

40 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I think on Apple Music it's the Dolby Atmos mix that sounds off. Her voice is drowned out and certain instruments are way too loud, e.g, at 0:53 or 2:42.

Apple Music just put the Dolby Atmos mix up today. People were complaining about it before when it was just the high end lossless file they had available.

IMO it sounds fine