TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

does anybody know where i can watch her performance on jimmy fallon? i just noticed she performed i blame myself there and i never saw it...

the video is not on youtube, i found a jimmy fallon tumblr post that has some gifs and a link to see her, but NBC blocked the video for some reason lol... the audio is on soundcloud. can we put sky on the lost media wiki? lol

tumblr_n3j3haI3To1qhub34o2_r1_400.gifvtumblr_n3j3haI3To1qhub34o1_400.gifv

8 hours ago, xenomorphqueer said:

I think releasing Descending would have made more of a statement and mitigated some of these reactions. But we have to also acknowledge anything she does will be anticlimactic considering there's such a huge mystique that surrounds her and this album. She's been in too deep for 5 years

From what we heard Descending is the superior song... the production is dark fuzzy noisy and alternative but very captivating, the chorus is great, it's sounds perfect... She literally starts the song saying "They missed their tortured little girl" like imagine emerging after 9 years this being the first words of your lead single it would be so iconic.

When you're not the one dropped i didn't liked it, thought it was too indiepop 2013 for me, but in like a week i was obsessed, i still think it pales in comparison with other commercial songs on the album like i blame myself and love in stereo. 24 hours should've been the lead single and it probably would have been bigger... in the end we can ask what could've been but it's not our decision to make, heck i don't even know if the decision is in her hands.

39 minutes ago, 2internetghosts said:

does anybody know where i can watch her performance on jimmy fallon? i just noticed she performed i blame myself there and i never saw it...

I tried hunting for it, and I was able to find the broken YouTube link; The page exists on Wayback but the video itself hasn't been indexed/archived :rip: The lord really doesn't want this video to resurface...

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

i’m half apologizing for calling someone’s opinion a “shit take” because i’ve realized just how high the anticipation for Sky is and how that leaves a lot of fans/onlookers with extremely high expectations

Spoiler

I still fully disagree with calling this song a “filler” track

negAbhB.png

Idk what you're all on, Don't Forget is amazing, Downhill Lullaby too. Sadly, I think she's got the point of "nothing being good enough for the 10 years of waiting".

8nl2OpX.png

13 hours ago, xenomorphqueer said:

Legit don't know what some of you expected from her lol... and this doesn't sound like NTMT "filler" at all. Are we saying this is worse than Kristine or Omanko?? I sure don't think it is. This is literally in line with everything she's ever done

With that being said, with my first few listens of the leak, I remember being very confused with the song's structure. It's got a lot going on. It's probably going to be a running theme with some of the songs she's been sitting on for years and years. I like it, but it's a lot

now you not gon do my girl omanko like that… kristine can go tho she's not needed

10 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

Am I the only one who thinks there are no skips on NTMT? The sequencing is a bit off (for example Love in Stereo being sandwiched between I Will and NTMT has never made sense to me) but I truly enjoy every song

agree, flawless album

aOaIzH2.gif

Don’t Forget is available in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music!

EDIT: 

out of any song i’ve heard with Dolby Atmos on, this is one of the best sounding ones ngl

Edited by godsmonster

negAbhB.png

2 hours ago, pinkfuneral said:

Am I the only one who thinks there are no skips on NTMT? The sequencing is a bit off (for example Love in Stereo being sandwiched between I Will and NTMT has never made sense to me) but I truly enjoy every song

I can understand why some people think there are fillers, because the vibe of some of the songs is a bit monotone and repetative. But because NTMT was 100% a sound I loved completely, I love every single song without failure. From the B-Sides too. 

In fact it was so solid that I've found I've never really wanted a NTMT 2.0, because I got everything I wanted already :diva:

8 hours ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i had a dream about masochism this week i saw it on my apple music and it was a double disc album with 9 tracks each

That really was a dream sweetie 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

i dont think its necessarily a bad thing that dont forget can fit in ntmt but i feel that this is that song the bridges both ntmt and masochism. dont forget borrows the hazy anthemic nature of youre not the one/ntmt but melds in the lush strings and chamber-iness of downhill lullaby and making it more, well chamber pop (which im obvs gonna use as my point of reference for how sonically masochism is going to sound cus duh its the first official taste we got for masochism anyway) i would even argue that sky is just playing her strengths and adding a lil sumting to differentiate it from what we know ha for. cant realy say its back to form when its just a literal comback from where she left off really

alsooooooooooooooooooo im delulu ofc but sky is the nearest thing ill get to a pop girlie doing shoegaze my bloody valentine depression cherry myth beach house with that corny ass 80s revival wave 103 anthemic wouldnt it be good nik kershaw ting and it just hypes me for her release :kiss3: