TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Hello beautiful people! I shaterred my phone and forgot my password, so I'm a lil late to the party. 

Okay, so I agree that DF ia kinda bland. I had such high expectations. Someone said that too much is happening and I fully agree, so much is happening that no part truly stands out. When you listen to synth classics by Depeche Mode, it's either the guitar or the synths being the main focus depending on the song. Also, the entire chorus is ironically forgettable.

Someone also mentioned One. I listened it a couple of days ago when DF was released and boyyy it's bad. I loved that kind of generic pop in the early 2010s but I couldn't imagine liking that song even back then. No wonder it flopped, it sounds like those knock off songs you hear at clothing stores lmao.

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 5/26/2022 at 2:55 PM, HEARTCORE said:

someone please post the meta-analysis of why one is overproduced and the meaning behind it...its so true

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 minute ago, Real Bad Girl said:

Indie Stage girl.

ab67706f00000003dc6b1deb30468e5b17d19192

SHE'S SO GORGEOUS OMFGGGGGGGGGG

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

Am I the only one that thinks that DL sounds like sky’s attempt at a Fiona Apple homage? The vocals and tone, and especially the percussion sounds super similar to “sleep to dream”, the drums are almost identical honestly. She has always discussed how fiona inspires her and seems like she relates to her career trajectory. I also feel like she takes comfort in the fact that fiona releases her albums like 8 years apart and still has a devoted following who trusts her artistic process and integrity. I think that’s why the song sounds like it comes out of left field, as in it sounds nothing like the rest of her body of work, but knowing her love for fiona it makes perfect sense to me. What do y’all think?  Do you hear the similarities?

48 minutes ago, Hotelhottub said:

Am I the only one that thinks that DL sounds like sky’s attempt at a Fiona Apple homage? The vocals and tone, and especially the percussion sounds super similar to “sleep to dream”, the drums are almost identical honestly. She has always discussed how fiona inspires her and seems like she relates to her career trajectory. I also feel like she takes comfort in the fact that fiona releases her albums like 8 years apart and still has a devoted following who trusts her artistic process and integrity. I think that’s why the song sounds like it comes out of left field, as in it sounds nothing like the rest of her body of work, but knowing her love for fiona it makes perfect sense to me. What do y’all think?  Do you hear the similarities?

woo chile the fiona apple cosplay never stops!!

44 minutes ago, AOK said:

We need that dusty old description on spotify changed! She's no longer at the Downhill release stage! 

There's a lot of things that need to be fixed on her platforms. The As If! EP is blocked, some featurings are missing even though they're available to stream (like The Freezing), her media profile is filled with Cry Baby photos, the NTMT cover is still the censored one and so it goes...

well-so-im-done.gif

29 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

honestly i am kind of really nervous that by the time masochism comes out, we’re already gonna have half the album in singles. i think that the alternate DL mix would be a really nice droplet to keep the hype up a little bit in the meantime while she is finishing everything up, especially considering she implied that it’s not on the album so it’s not spoiling anything on the final track listing. Descending would be great next official single and i am praying she doesn’t release any more after that

Don't get me wrong, DF is pretty cute, but Descending… so much better..

This better be the Alt DL mix she was talking about https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyFUpdates/status/1111394630447321089

I'm inside of my own human body but I don't feel it yet

54 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

honestly i am kind of really nervous that by the time masochism comes out, we’re already gonna have half the album in singles. i think that the alternate DL mix would be a really nice droplet to keep the hype up a little bit in the meantime while she is finishing everything up, especially considering she implied that it’s not on the album so it’s not spoiling anything on the final track listing. Descending would be great next official single and i am praying she doesn’t release any more after that

She literally said she’s putting the alt mix of DL on the album..

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

58 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

What you were talking about, making stuff that you want to hear — I think we get that from “Don’t Forget” and “Downhill Lullaby” being two totally different songs in terms of style and sound. What does this mean for the overall sound of the upcoming album?
“Downhill,” I’m gonna put it on my album, but I’m gonna put out a different mix and stuff.

I interpreted this as “Downhill Lullaby (as in the single version) is on the album, but I am also releasing a different mix.” Not “I am putting a new mix of Downhill on the album.” It could be interpreted both ways, the way she worded it was relatively vague. Reading back, it definitely sounds more like the latter, and that’s my bad,

Hide contents

but again with you being condescending to me for absolutely no reason lol

Honey I just now recognized you were the same person who was butthurt in the ZD thread, I’m not out here waiting to shoot you down lmao. Stating facts isn’t being condescending, you’re just insanely hypersensitive. You must be a joy in real life, she literally says she’s putting the alt mix on the album it’s not hard to comprehend. I genuinely don’t care enough to argue with fragile individuals online who bring up irrelevant shit from the past, which once again was stating facts about something I actually know about. Ignored, do the same if you plan on continuing to hold grudges because your feelings were hurt after I told you a song couldn’t be on an album because it was ancient & I’d previously leaked a clip of it:awk:

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

don't know how reliable this is but I NEED 99 tears back on spotify so bad...

EDIT: this is fake as fuck I HATE GAY PEOPLE ON TWITTER!!!

tumblr_nqdg6cs78L1ra4d6ro1_500.gif