TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

4 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

The image in case the comment/post gets deleted:Sky-Pitchfork-2022.jpg

The article link: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/sky-ferreira-dont-forget/

pitchfork are extremely sloppy, you can tell they’ve done minimal research and just listened to the song once or twice. Honestly a high school drop out would have written a better review it’s very amateur.   

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Don't Forget is amazing y'all just forgot what good music sounds like cause you haven't heard good music in almost 10 years :w8ing:

Also that pitchfork article is clearly just bait lmao they knew they would get all the attention by bad mouthing a HIGHLY anticipated song every other critic is loving.

(and it worked cause that article is probably getting tons of clicks/views) 

I guess only few people with exquisite taste can appreciate the masterpiece that Don't Forget is and that's absolutely fine

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

42 minutes ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

I guess only few people with exquisite taste can appreciate the masterpiece that Don't Forget is and that's absolutely fine

the masterpiece being a at least 6 year old horribly mixed demo 

29 minutes ago, 111 said:

the masterpiece being a at least 6 year old horribly mixed demo 

leak some demos of it and we'll believe 

3 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

It genuinely hasn’t evolved much, the one I’ve had for a hot minute (& I’m pretty sure the only other version of the song going around) is basically the single cut with clearer vocal leveling & less reverb. I was really bummed hearing the official version, because I was really expecting major changes especially after hearing the clip she posted on her Instagram a few years ago… it sounds like the superior version & it’s rotting on her hard drive 

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

2 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

you mean the writers demo she just replaced her vocals with and drowned under that terrible noisy mix so we can't understand a word she's saying? :wtf:

5 minutes ago, 111 said:

you mean the writers demo she just replaced her vocals with and drowned under that terrible noisy mix so we can't understand a word she's saying? :wtf:

always all talk but no action on this thread from you 

i guess it does suck that it's unchanged but the official release is the first time i ever heard the song - and it has me excited about how she's gonna pull this album off

sky's vocals being "drowned" has always been part of her signature sound, her voice being mixed between instruments rather than being in a privileged spot in the design is something that goes back to NTMT –for example: the whole album lmao but like boys, ain't your right, omanko etc. and the same applies for her "noisy production".

sky's music is not for you if you consider don't forget "horribly mixed", and that's ok, but don't pretend like that's your hot take and not just a matter of personal preference. 

4 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Don’t forget is all over the place with no vocal, lyrical or production focus , and I stand by that-what am I meant to concentrate on? 

I apologize but H O W?

The track having unexpected transitions ≠ being all over the place. I don't know if Sky wrote most of it but the lyrics are perfectly understandable and they match with the song's atmosphere and production 

59 minutes ago, sophiesmom said:

sky's vocals being "drowned" has always been part of her signature sound, her voice being mixed between instruments rather than being in a privileged spot in the design is something that goes back to NTMT –for example: the whole album lmao but like boys, ain't your right, omanko etc. and the same applies for her "noisy production".

sky's music is not for you if you consider don't forget "horribly mixed", and that's ok, but don't pretend like that's your hot take and not just a matter of personal preference. 

Yes, exactly

1 hour ago, sophiesmom said:

This is what I'm wondering? I'm not a major fan but the drowned vocals have always been her thing right? And while I understand the disappointment on it maybe not changing much for it's demo form, still, Don't Forget it's not a track that sounds unfinished or that has amateurish production, this is not a Cherry Blossom, Nectar Of the Gods, Living Legend situation.

At end of the day if she did changed or switched it up, the good sis probably would get dragged as well for ruining it and the version would probably be held as the superior one or whatever :toofunny: she really can't win

8nl2OpX.png

That "other 11 songs" and that "album" better exist at this point according to this NYtimes article

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/27/arts/music/playlist-sky-ferreira-rico-nasty.html

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing