TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

6 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

honestly I wish she would piss Capitol off so much that they dropped her

as others said i think it could end up backfiring in her face but she would be MORE than fine musically if they did i almost want it :rip: like tamaryn, jorge, ariel, others are all professional capable musicians and producers with access to recording studios and equipment and others in the industry that could help, if she could finance ntmt she could easily finish the rest of masochism independently... but who knows if she actually would commit to working that hard herself tho in 2022 :crai:

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

they'd rather keep her in the release limbo she's been,

Can't be in a release limbo when she has nothing to release 

sassy-girl-sashay.gif

just kidding i really hope the album is real

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~

I mean if I were her I’d definitely be a little mad about it too + especially how quickly they “resolved” the conflict nnn it was such a transparent marketing move that it’s a slap in the face to artists who actually have had to struggle with their labels. In what world were we supposed to believe Capitol Records was blocking the release of a song with an already existing music video and produced by one of the most expensive producers in pop?

when the new capitol strategy is to make fake scenarios about denying artists to release music just to create hype and then surprise dropping it :defeated: they’re gonna post another notes app picture on instagram tagging sky and allowing her to release masochism next friday :defeated: no it’s true it’s true

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

It would honestly be best for all parties involved if they could just drop her from their roster tbh, she already basically is independent with how she self funds sessions and who knows what else. They’re never gonna get Sky to be the next Britney as they originally intended because sis just doesn’t chart/barely has any music out partly due to her and partly due to their doing.

18 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

It would honestly be best for all parties involved if they could just drop her from their roster tbh, she already basically is independent with how she self funds sessions and who knows what else. They’re never gonna get Sky to be the next Britney as they originally intended because sis just doesn’t chart/barely has any music out partly due to her and partly due to their doing.

Unfortunately she still has a contract. They won't fire her because it would be a loss of possible earnings, and if she wants to leave, she's going to have to pay a lot of money for breach of contract. Third Side Music helps her with publishing and licensing, Capitol retains control over recordings.

well-so-im-done.gif

13 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

when the new capitol strategy is to make fake scenarios about denying artists to release music just to create hype and then surprise dropping it :defeated: they’re gonna post another notes app picture on instagram tagging sky and allowing her to release masochism next friday :defeated: no it’s true it’s true

we're playing checkers and capitol is playing 3d chess :true:

32 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

that's what they want you to think. the actual strategy is that sky fakes being dropped from capitol, stages a few messy paparazzi shots and then reveals the masochism album cover and promo in partnership with capitol and they re-sign a new contract. capitol is so smart! 

The whole Halsey thing is fake, obviously. 

It's just marketing. 

Poor Sky though lol. It's almost as of Halsey and Capitol are making fun of her. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

3 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

Laughing at her releasing something (music video?) the same day as Halsey but um...why does the DF in her stories sound better than the official version?

They’re rehearsing, I think June 9th is her first festival performance