TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

She was not hitting a single note in all my lovers die but OPRAHHH It's perfect

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

29 minutes ago, Air said:

She was not hitting a single note in all my lovers die but OPRAHHH It's perfect

DSFJHSKJFH i was listening to a video of it and i thought "nobody is going to be able to figure out the melody... or the words..."

20 minutes ago, sack said:

so is the don’t forget video scrapped or :brows3:

wouldn’t be surprised.. sky’s full time job just seems to be wasting capitol’s money 

Don’t make me get dark on you, baby

I’ll go dark… 
˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

so I’ve been a sky fan since the beginning and I had never seen her live, so back in 2019 when she announced she was performing at Pitchfork fest I flew in to see her perform for the first time ever.

obviously it was very disappointing as we all know what happened (luckily Charli put on an amazing show and made up for it) but the way she got mad and walked off stage had me so sad because she her set list that she actually performed felt so random and she was visibly upset and annoyed with the sound issues the entire time.

seeing these last 2 shows, I feel way better about it knowing that it wasn’t just a one off performance that ended up like that but it makes me wonder why she even does festivals at this point

she obviously is very specific about her music as we know from her creative process and a major perfectionist. She cannot excel in a festival setting because of the limitations there are.

I don’t know why she doesn’t just stick to doing a club tour where she can have better control of the logistics to make sure the performance goes as planned

like what’s the point of even doing these festival shows anymore? It can’t be helping her with promo for people to see her do half a set while being annoyed before being kicked off stage mid set list

I’m glad someone else recorded All My Lovers Die in full, and from a better angle!

If anyone else wants a few snippets of each song from the setlist I posted it here (might be missing a song).

AMLD + Innocent Kind

Just some thoughts-

Whoever said that All My Lovers Die sounded like Eyes Without a Face by Billy Idol is spot on, especially the verses!

The recording doesn’t do it justice but the instrumental sounded really good :defeated:

Also like others said, the set was riddled with sound issues.. Especially at the beginning which is why she had to cut Boys short.

But I had a great time regardless and it was so surreal seeing Sky in person. Truly grateful for that.

1 hour ago, cherryblossoms said:

Whoever said that All My Lovers Die sounded like Eyes Without a Face by Billy Idol is spot on, especially the verses!

I deleted my original post, but it's also like "Billy meets The Radio Dept." kind of vibe. :wub:

well-so-im-done.gif

Lets all agree that Sky has no stage presence. She moves like she's in a karaoke bar and her genre of music and outfits don't help it either. She looks so uninterested and not in a Kurt Cobain kind of way. The technical difficulties were a cherry on the top. In more than 10 years she still managed to stay at the level of other local indie artists that perform at bars and have barely any experience. Kind of embarrassing. Small indie bands that perform at my ex local high school look like MJ compared to Sky.

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif