TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

9 hours ago, shady said:

Lets all agree that Sky has no stage presence. She moves like she's in a karaoke bar and her genre of music and outfits don't help it either. She looks so uninterested and not in a Kurt Cobain kind of way. The technical difficulties were a cherry on the top. In more than 10 years she still managed to stay at the level of other local indie artists that perform at bars and have barely any experience. Kind of embarrassing. Small indie bands that perform at my ex local high school look like MJ compared to Sky.

right? She has not excelled at all this last decade. Why does she keep booking festivals and delivering subpar performances. I’m convinced she’s just a huge brat that doesn’t give a fuck.

the way the mood of this topic always switches from "we love sky she's such a queen omg she can do no wrong she's the best popstar of all time" to "sky is so boring and messy and looks dead on stage and she should be ashamed of herself" in literally 2 minutes 😭

XPo3CNC.jpg

39 minutes ago, alkolmoldah said:

the way the mood of this topic always switches from "we love sky she's such a queen omg she can do no wrong she's the best popstar of all time" to "sky is so boring and messy and looks dead on stage and she should be ashamed of herself" in literally 2 minutes 😭

bc our old gal for sure gets on everybody’s nerves but her music and artistry is still unmached 

i feel like her lack of confidence makes her performances so much worse. she convinces herself she sounds awful anyway so she doesn’t even try to sing well or put on a good show. i wish she’d just prioritize connecting with her fans despite the sound issues or what she thinks of her performance, the fans are gonna eat it up either way

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

Spoiler
8 hours ago, medievalthots said:

sky "performed" at another festival today and to no one's surprise, it was a mess again

disappointing but it’s been constant disappointment after disappointment w her so i really can't pretend to be surprised. i can only imagine what roskilde is gonna sound like ..:rip: (still love her tho)

I'm inside of my own human body and I don't even know it yet

omg i forgot that she's playing at roskilde... if that performance is anywhere near the calibre of performances she's given over the past few days i fear her little ferraris may turn on her

2 hours ago, pinkfuneral said:

everyone on twitter saying she looks 50 needs to shut up. the pic was taken at a bad angle and she was a bit greasy from performing/traveling

Yeah, and the boy who took the picture said that this was around 4 am, she probably didn't even slept

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

3 hours ago, Foxes said:

she looks... good!... 

Ugh, she looks awful. I'm gonna blame the angle on this one. 

2 hours ago, Cool said:
  Reveal hidden contents

disappointing but it’s been constant disappointment after disappointment w her so i really can't pretend to be surprised. i can only imagine what roskilde is gonna sound like ..:rip: (still love her tho)

Wow she sounds bad. 

And it sucks that at her last 4 festival performances (3 from this month, 1 from Pitchfork 2019) it has been reported that its been messy af. 

What the fuck?! 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

10 hours ago, vitriolkisses said:

It’s confusing because she’s not late to the festivals themselves as she “soundchecks” in advance, but like is she having panic attacks backstage nnn

10 hours ago, vitriolkisses said:

Idk whose idea it was for someone like her to go on a festival run but like someone said, having her own tour in more intimate venues would’ve spared her from all that chaos. Running late when there’s a tight schedule for you and other performers is just straight up unprofessional, I sympathize if she gets stage fright or something but c’mon at some point she needs to get it together if she wants to be a musician. 

10 hours ago, sweetener said:

wow... so glad i didn't go after being tempted to, guess she's just one of those studio artists (whenever she finds the time to enter one) and simply not a performer at all...

still need All My Lovers Die tho xx

10 hours ago, pinkfuneral said:

She needs to quit trying to make the festival thing happen and hunker down in the STUDIO instead to finish the album

You know guys, it's pretty weird because when I saw her live IN A FESTIVAL here in Mexico, she was pretty good. 

She was there on time. 

Her vocals were great 

The band was great 

Her overall stage presence was OK

I don't know what the hell happened to her. 

It seems like her fucking ex from that DIIV band ruined her as a professional artist. Ever since she had issues with substance abuse because of that ex boyfriend, I feel like she has been on a roll of messy stuff. 

I am not saying she's still using drugs or whatever (most people still think she still have some substance issues) but maybe she's still struggling with the mental toll she got from them. 

Maybe now she feels less confident 

Maybe now she has a mental illness from using drugs for a long time (bipolar disorder, panic attacks, depression, anxiety, or something else) 

Who knows. 

I just hope she manages to get better, because she is starting to let down many of her fans. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

so... 

1 she can't sing

3 she can't finish an album

4 she can't release a supposed finished music video

5 she can't post official infos on her music on instagram bc she will panic

6 now she can't even fucking perform

miss girl ???????????

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

so... 

1 she can't sing

3 she can't finish an album

4 she can't release a supposed finished music video

5 she can't post official infos on her music on instagram bc she will panic

6 now she can't even fucking perform

miss girl ???????????

melanies twin yasss (in all seriousness i hope sky and melanie sound better soon)

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind