so... 

1 she can't sing

3 she can't finish an album

4 she can't release a supposed finished music video

5 she can't post official infos on her music on instagram bc she will panic

6 now she can't even fucking perform

miss girl ???????????

but she walk like rihanna

And of course it's always anyone's fault but her lol.

The label's to blame for her not properly releasing music and her nonexistant communication around it, the band is responsible for her messing up setlists, all of the festivals are responsible for her terrible live gigs ...

And there are actually some of you who believe this bs?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

She’s an absolute mess but her music is too fucking good to not be rooting for her. We know what she is capable of when she’s all there…

Something is clearly wrong and I don’t think it’s anyone else but her. However, it really seems that something mentally fucked her up a lot and that is nothing to joke about or mock her for. We can only hope that she’ll get better.

If I owned a record label or was a manager I wouldn't want to work with Sky. She has good music but this kind of messiness is extremely bad. Who would want an unreliable artist that can't sell millions and has mental issues that badly affect their career? If her voice and sound was bad but she showed passion and confidence then it would've been much better. People don't want to watch insecure artists. Imagine having an important presentation for work or in college and saying "I was bad, wasn't I? :biblio:". Rappers usually sound bad live but people still watch them because they're so confident and hype their audience. I literally facepalmed when I read @sophiesmom post about her saying that she was bad and her fans comforting her. That sounds like something a teenager would do or a quirky main character in a Disney movie/series. Like girl, don't go for huge gigs if you're not mentally prepared.

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

4 hours ago, shady said:

I literally facepalmed when I read @sophiesmom post about her saying that she was bad and her fans comforting her. That sounds like something a teenager would do or a quirky main character in a Disney movie/series. Like girl, don't go for huge gigs if you're not mentally prepared.

I reread what I wrote yesterday and let me clarify, she wasn't that bad! I actually enjoyed her vocal performance – i dont think she sang badly, despite her saying otherwise lol – and she really looked gorgeous and quirky in a good way, she even laughed a bit when one of my friends couldn't stop screaming from excitement and there was a moment where she ¿kinda? tried to wave at someone (but she immediately stopped as she was getting distracted from the song I guess lol). Anyway, despite the messiness of it all and her looking visibly mad and disappointed there were cute moments. 

Maybe I sounded a bit harsh, but it was her attitude towards the sound difficulties that rubbed me the wrong way, and I don't want to be one of those fans who will excuse everything their fave does or are willing engage in mental gymkhanas to pretend to enjoy something that's not really being fun. I really wanted to see her enjoy herself and that didn't happen, most of the time she was tragically caught up in herself instead of, you know, going for it! put on a good show despite the disadvantages! – at least thats how I felt it – and I actually ended up being more worried about her wellbeing than disappointed. At least i'm glad I was there to cheer for her. 

I really like her and I do care, and if making live shows stresses her out or increases her anxiety levels to some unhealthy degrees I would prefer that she would find a way to make it work for her instead of keep tripping over the same stone over and over. That being said, I don't think i'll ever forget this concert. At times it felt like the apparition of the virgin mary lol. if anyone was there in the Primavera audience, I would love to read your experiences too! i know for a fact some people had a really great time.

6 hours ago, JudahSoCutah said:

someone leak do me, cobra, and cry baby title track if that exists

I think the "title track" is 99 Tears as there is a line that says "Cry Baby cry baby cry" but who knows. 

2 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

And of course it's always anyone's fault but her lol.

The label's to blame for her not properly releasing music and her nonexistant communication around it, the band is responsible for her messing up setlists, all of the festivals are responsible for her terrible live gigs ...

And there are actually some of you who believe this bs?

Right?! But it's funny because she had so many people here back in March-May defending her blindly just because she announced/released "Don't Forget" 

If you had a bad opinion about her, you most likely get bashed, scolded and even insulted. 

But funny enough, now most people who defended her either changed their mind or are silent because you can tell that THE PROBLEM IS HER and that sucks. 

It was messy enough that her Pitchfork set was messy due to tech issues back in 2019.

Now it's messier that it happened in both dates of the same festival and now in another different festival it happened again. 

The techs or her band are not the ones to blame at this point. 

But now everyone should understand better that is dumb to defend an artists who has been blaming everyone else but her for the last 10+ years. 

It's terrible to admit that the mall singer was right, she is an spoiled LA girl, I guess. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, wildstar said:

Omg she's taking it :toofunny: Sky if you're reading all this everyone will forgive you if you just release Masochism 

Spilled

P.S. how much $$$ would it take for you to change your avatar to literally anything else

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

1 hour ago, sophiesmom said:

I reread what I wrote yesterday and let me clarify, she wasn't that bad! I actually enjoyed her vocal performance – i dont think she sang badly, despite her saying otherwise lol – and she really looked gorgeous and quirky in a good way, she even laughed a bit when one of my friends couldn't stop screaming from excitement and there was a moment where she ¿kinda? tried to wave at someone (but she immediately stopped as she was getting distracted from the song I guess lol). Anyway, despite the messiness of it all and her looking visibly mad and disappointed there were cute moments.

It was the beginning of the show what was surely hard to look at: her standing there for a hot minute looking at the techs waiting for the music to start, her bandmates being confused too without a proper music cue, the silence of the crowd with sudden outbursts of cheering just to be silent again.. i know some people will say that was the festival's fault, but how come every other show ran smoothly without any major problems? Imho she could have played it cool and just say whatever while they were working to fix their issues, ask us if we were having fun, explain their situation, introduce her band members, talk about the nice weather and how she's excited to start festival season or just anything else, idk. While she's on the stage she kinda has certain responsibilities she has to deal with. 

Maybe I sounded a bit harsh, but it was her attitude towards the sound difficulties that rubbed me the wrong way, and I don't want to be one of those fans who will excuse everything their fave does or are willing engage in mental gymkhanas to pretend to enjoy something that's not really being fun. I really wanted to see her enjoy herself and that didn't happen, most of the time she was tragically caught up in herself instead of, you know, going for it! put on a good show despite the disadvantages! – at least thats how I felt it – and I actually ended up being more worried about her wellbeing than disappointed. At least i'm glad I was there to cheer for her. 

I really like her and I do care, and if making live shows stresses her out or increases her anxiety levels to some unhealthy degrees I would prefer that she would find a way to make it work for her instead of keep tripping over the same stone over and over. That being said, I don't think i'll ever forget this concert. At times it felt like the apparition of the virgin mary lol. if anyone was there in the Primavera audience, I would love to read your experiences too! i know for a fact some people had a really great time.

I was at Primavera in Barcelona and I absolutely agree with all of this. Her show was an absolute mess of unprofessionalism and one of the most awkward experiences I've had in a live show ever. I barely can excuse or save it other that seeing it as Sky's 'iconic' behavior. I'm personally starting to get tired of this situation getting repeated and never moving past beyond it. Like, we get it: life is heavy on you, you've had many difficulties getting there and everything is overwhelming but... is that narrative going to keep happening forever?
The best part was what you said, being able to see her in person. Having seen so many images of her face, of her photoshoots, so many iconic tumblr selfies... it was shocking to finally have her in front of my eyes as a real person. I wish she had taken her glasses off for a few songs tho... we did't even get to see her eyes (but I get that would be too much to ask).

People really forget that Sky has struggled with her mental health since she was very young....paired with substance abuse I can only imagine the struggles she endures daily. I've been guilty of it too, but speaking negatively of her doesn't help. If I read some of these comments I wouldn't release shit just to spite everyone. Be grateful she's finally gearing up to release the music she's been sitting on for YEARS & performing new music before the record release. Cut the girl some slack, she doesn't have to set foot on stage or release any music for you. Look at the past several years:awk:

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

Has she ever said what autoimmune disease she was diagnosed with around 2017? I think we forget to factor in her health when we talk about why she’s not released in the past. I remember in 2020 after her surgery, she told a fan she was supposed to get physical therapy but then the pandemic happened or smth

Some of y’all are ruthless. Like others have said, let’s be grateful she is at least making an effort. Trust me, I get frustrated too but we shouldn’t be tearing her down at a time when she’s finally on the road to a comeback. I hope that with her next performances she can just let go of obsessing about the sound quality and just be happy and give a show to her fans. 

i know everyone is bashing her performances but from the videos I’ve seen, she still sounds great. I think it’s her insecurities that make it seem bad, but if she could just go with the sound, I don’t think anyone would be criticizing. There’s tons of artists that are awful live but they have confidence. Sky can actually sing, and she has amazing music, so if she could just have a little more charisma, I don’t think anyone would think twice about any sound issues.

let’s just cut her some slack. She’s out there trying, and obviously is very conscious of how she wants to be heard. Let’s stop mistaking this for her being lazy or ungrateful. 

3 hours ago, vitriolkisses said:

Has she ever said what autoimmune disease she was diagnosed with around 2017? I think we forget to factor in her health when we talk about why she’s not released in the past. I remember in 2020 after her surgery, she told a fan she was supposed to get physical therapy but then the pandemic happened or smth

It was Lyme disease

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

This tweet sums it all (even Sponge Bob is included lol) 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Guys I wish Sky would be as big as Halsey. In an alternative universe she would sell milions of copies but she sadly remained underrated with a debut album for 10 years.

On the other hand, it's a pretty stan behavior to act like she was doing us a favor for releasing music and performing. She's literally doing a job she chose to. She's not doing charity work. She's releasing music/an albums as a product for us to consume and buy and perform to pay bills. Everything here is constructive criticism by fans who think she's doing a half assed work. When it comes to mental health, we have little info about her life and honestly I don't feel comfortable discussing about stuff she doesn't share. But still, there are mentally ill artists that still perform better than her and she's been performing the exact same way since 2013. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

I hope skyfupdates tweets "[CLOSED]" for the drama sksks 

No because it's bad BAD... Once this album is out I'm never speaking her name again

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna