TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

https://www.instagram.com/p/CewHvHxlxKa/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
She just posted this on her Instagram stories. Let's hope her future performances this year will be better than the Primavera ones…

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

wait she finally performed hands all over me... Anyone have a full video?

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

Imagine if she drops the DF music video along with an official Masochism release announcement (It could actually work if the video is released months from now which it very well might be)

and then she can release promo singles from the album leading up to the release date

im a dreamer :flutter:

8 hours ago, Kristine said:

Some of y’all are ruthless. Like others have said, let’s be grateful she is at least making an effort. Trust me, I get frustrated too but we shouldn’t be tearing her down at a time when she’s finally on the road to a comeback. I hope that with her next performances she can just let go of obsessing about the sound quality and just be happy and give a show to her fans. 

i know everyone is bashing her performances but from the videos I’ve seen, she still sounds great. I think it’s her insecurities that make it seem bad, but if she could just go with the sound, I don’t think anyone would be criticizing. There’s tons of artists that are awful live but they have confidence. Sky can actually sing, and she has amazing music, so if she could just have a little more charisma, I don’t think anyone would think twice about any sound issues.

let’s just cut her some slack. She’s out there trying, and obviously is very conscious of how she wants to be heard. Let’s stop mistaking this for her being lazy or ungrateful. 

i totally understand where some of you come from regarding her health issues and insecurities, and you're totally right about this being a confidence issue – when it comes to live performing, it really narrows down to embodying the song and engaging with your audience. Hopefully, as her summer dates go by, she will regain her live strengths. 

But please, bear in mind that the people attending her shows – and not just her fans – have spent a good amount of money to get into these festivals, and have given up other artists playing on other stages in order to see her perform. People can make mistakes, but if she keeps arriving late, not doing proper sound checks / not dealing correctly with her live setbacks, and getting her setlist cut short as a result, that, for me, is disrespectful. Im not saying at all that she's doing that on purpose or that she's just being lazy or ungrateful, but you have responsibilities as an artist, regardless of your background, your story, or even your fame. 

Fans have accused the festival's organization several times for "kicking her out" of the stage, but please, be aware that they are just making sure the next artist gets their well-deserved time to prepare for their own set. That's how festivals work, they run on tight schedules: there are other attendees, other fans and other shows. They had that same morning for rehearsals and an hour before her set to make sure everything was fine and ready to go. Next in line in Barcelona was Angèle, which had constant fully choreographed songs and personalized lighting schemes: and that came from Angèle's team and it was their responsibility to deliver, not the festival's wishes.

And yes, you're right, she doesn't owe us anything: but her audience doesn't owe her anything either, and this can really harm her career in the long run.

1 hour ago, sophiesmom said:

i totally understand where some of you come from regarding her health issues and insecurities, and you're totally right about this being a confidence issue – when it comes to live performing, it really narrows down to embodying the song and engaging with your audience. Hopefully, as her summer dates go by, she will regain her live strengths. 

But please, bear in mind that the people attending her shows – and not just her fans – have spent a good amount of money to get into these festivals, and have given up other artists playing on other stages in order to see her perform. People can make mistakes, but if she keeps arriving late, not doing proper sound checks / not dealing correctly with her live setbacks, and getting her setlist cut short as a result, that, for me, is disrespectful. Im not saying at all that she's doing that on purpose or that she's just being lazy or ungrateful, but you have responsibilities as an artist, regardless of your background, your story, or even your fame. 

Fans have accused the festival's organization several times for "kicking her out" of the stage, but please, be aware that they are just making sure the next artist gets their well-deserved time to prepare for their own set. That's how festivals work, they run on tight schedules: there are other attendees, other fans and other shows. They had that same morning for rehearsals and an hour before her set to make sure everything was fine and ready to go. Next in line in Barcelona was Angèle, which had constant fully choreographed songs and personalized lighting schemes: and that came from Angèle's team and it was their responsibility to deliver, not the festival's wishes.

And yes, you're right, she doesn't owe us anything: but her audience doesn't owe her anything either, and this can really harm her career in the long run.

Well fucking said :gclap:

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

For the first time in years I'm going to let myself be excited about Masochism because it could actually be coming soon, even in Sky terms. And I hope she can fix the issues from these last performances because, well, that's no good for nobody, either herself as a person and as an artist, or for her fans.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

13 hours ago, shady said:

Guys I wish Sky would be as big as Halsey. In an alternative universe she would sell milions of copies but she sadly remained underrated with a debut album for 10 years.

On the other hand, it's a pretty stan behavior to act like she was doing us a favor for releasing music and performing. She's literally doing a job she chose to. She's not doing charity work. She's releasing music/an albums as a product for us to consume and buy and perform to pay bills. Everything here is constructive criticism by fans who think she's doing a half assed work. When it comes to mental health, we have little info about her life and honestly I don't feel comfortable discussing about stuff she doesn't share. But still, there are mentally ill artists that still perform better than her and she's been performing the exact same way since 2013. 

Halshit gave up her artistic and creative integrity to be successful. She markets herself as this wildly extraordinary and alternative artist, yet she makes the most basic and bland music. Then she gets frustrated when her obvious attempts flop/fail. She’s just as much a mess…just in different aspects.

I wouldn't mind if she switches All My Lovers Die to Guardian or remove one of the old songs. But Guardian needs to be back on the setlist. 

She's sounding a little bit off, I don't know what is happening but all this negativity coming from her "fans", including her behavior towards the situation isn't helping at all.

I'm rooting for her, also there are some fans traveling abroad to watch her to perform live. Whatever it is, she needs to get her shit together. 

14 hours ago, Air said:

wait she finally performed hands all over me... Anyone have a full video?

Thankfully not yet, but it doesn't sound good. 

17 hours ago, Air said:

I hope skyfupdates tweets "[CLOSED]" for the drama sksks 

No because it's bad BAD... Once this album is out I'm never speaking her name again

this. so if someone could just leak it we dont have to keep giving her the time of day. 

Honestly think I’d prefer Masochism (Jorge Elbrecht & Tamaryn version)

18 hours ago, Air said:

I hope skyfupdates tweets "[CLOSED]" for the drama sksks 

No because it's bad BAD... Once this album is out I'm never speaking her name again

They already said they were closing because people were talking about them on here then continued to post, they’ll be running the account well into their elderly years:agree:

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

7 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

Halshit gave up her artistic and creative integrity to be successful. She markets herself as this wildly extraordinary and alternative artist, yet she makes the most basic and bland music. Then she gets frustrated when her obvious attempts flop/fail. She’s just as much a mess…just in different aspects.

Well, at least she has more than 30 songs released between 2010 and 2022 lol

But yeah, Halsey is a mainstream pop artists who thinks she is way too alternative. 

And Sky is a messy artist who blames her label for the lack of releases when actually she is the one who can't finish an album for almost 10 years. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, Mind Melt said:

the way some of tall talk about/treat female artists is WILD 

Don't make it a sexism thing honey, people here would treat a male artist the same way if that male artist was as messy as Sky. 

The thing is that we are in LanaBoards, no StraightBoards, and most of the artists we talk here are female. 

58 minutes ago, eyelovelefteye said:

The obsessive hatred towards this woman is so puzzling. If she’s so “lazy” & “messy” stop talking about her 24/7 & find someone to think about. Creepy as fuck & insanely low vibrational 

i dont really feel like people are being that mean or rude, just expressing their opinion on the situation, which yknow thats what this forum / thread is made for

I do think fans have their right to express and share their frustration and even joke about it. the most hatred comments I’ve seen in this sky ferreira thread have came from people who dont really listen to her or even care and just wrote whatever to stir the pot

also “low vibrational”? lmao im stealing that