TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I’m so happy that this last show turned out so well. she sounded amazing and after being actually able to sort of hear the new songs, they sound really good.

It was so good to finally hear Downhill Lullaby live. Night time really is her time.

This is the first moment where I really feel like Masochism might actually be coming out this time. Her performance felt like the first real taste of what’s to come.

please let this be the start of the greatest comeback of all time

She characterises the delays and difficulties as another way she has been set up to fail: “Who can live up to eight years of something that’s turned into this other thing?” 

shes preparing the ground for when no ones happy with masochism :deadbanana:

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

"She trembles and coughs persistently, scratches her skin and tugs at her black dress. She does not seem well; it is not comfortable to witness." :biblio:

the enigma title is very fitting for her, she's so defensive about her artistry yet still comes across as insecure. it's hard to really determine how honest she's being about all the setbacks and complications because all we really have is her word (and by her own admission the album isn't even done), but i think the fact that the interviewer presents her in such a troubled and frantic way and can still recognize her as being "forthcoming" is worth noting. i recognize the trauma in her behaviour and she strikes me as someone who still possesses a lot of hope and determination despite being a victim of circumstance.

i commend her for speaking up about her issues with capitol but it seems like she's kind of shooting herself in the foot here. i would guess she has already tried to be cordial, which has evidently led to little success, but the timing of dragging them so publicly while also trying to get an album out on their label by the end of this year is a very odd tactical move. over the past few months one could have been forgiven for assuming that their working relationship had maybe improved but that's clearly not the case. i guess capitol refusing to fund her is nothing new but it doesn't really bode well considering her recent performance troubles, the delay in the single release, and the radio silence on the music video. both the guardian and the vulture interviews appear to be coming from a position of desperation and it has me feeling pessimistic. i hope she has a strong personal support system around her right now beyond her professional team and can balance taking care of herself and getting the work done

Full recording of Descending. She sounded so good at this show from what I've seen :wub:

What are the best/most HQ recordings that we have for All My Lovers Die/Hands All over Me/Innocent Kind?

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

5 hours ago, ainturight said:

Thanks for posting! 

Something that makes me laugh is how they write that the NTMT album cover is of Sky "cowering in the shower". That sounds hilarious. I never saw it as cowering, so I'm not sure if that is obvious to everyone else. I always saw it as kind of a "I don't care" pose, because she isn't posing with a straight back, just gazing off at whatever, etc. And yeah she does look a little vulnerable, which im sure is the point, but not "cowering". Am I totally wrong?

Still working on Masochism tho :toofunny: at least shes really happy with it.

45 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

It's Sky, so she'll probably spend the next few months trying to decide whether or not she should write more songs. She really just needs Capitol to give her a deadline. Otherwise her perfectionism and indecisiveness could make this go on forever

Looking at the disastrous Masochism-epoque, it's pretty to talk about perfectionism ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

she ruined descending... people pretending her vocals are good... ma'am she is inaudible on the chorus :air2: her voice disappears when she goes falsetto... the struggle bus... 

and no one talking about her firing the video editor for dont forget and that's probably why we still don't have it... and then she fired one of the sound guys on the day of one of her performances :lmao:it's always the fault of other people on why things don't come out, why her performances are shit, why anything remotely negative happens around her... she isn't owning up to or taking just a bit of responsibility in any of those interviews :yawn:

“She has chronic health issues including scoliosis and Lyme disease. During a medical for a film role, the doctor pointed out that she had a long-term broken rib. She intended to release Masochism before addressing her “huge” uterine fibroids, but ultimately delayed working on the music to get surgery, and is glad that she did.” :ohno: I didn’t know it was this bad