TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

23 minutes ago, 111 said:

she ruined descending... people pretending her vocals are good... ma'am she is inaudible on the chorus :air2: her voice disappears when she goes falsetto... the struggle bus... 

and no one talking about her firing the video editor for dont forget and that's probably why we still don't have it... and then she fired one of the sound guys on the day of one of her performances :lmao:it's always the fault of other people on why things don't come out, why her performances are shit, why anything remotely negative happens around her... she isn't owning up to or taking just a bit of responsibility in any of those interviews :yawn:

She's an album artist. Stop being a hater. She doesn't have to be good live even though she's making money off of it. You should be grateful that she's blessing us with a song. 

/s for those who didn't get it

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

last nights show receiving acclaim aaah I know 111 and Exodus are FUMINGGGG I have to laugh!

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

That Guardian interview was actually pretty sad. Some excerpts below for those who care 

Spoiler

“Otherwise it is hard to draw Ferreira on specifics, though her erraticness seems less like the trait of an unreliable narrator than a woman who has frequently been made to doubt her own reality, whether by the police who told her she invited sexual assault (twice) as a young teenager because she was quiet, or the mercurial employer she has been tethered to for half her life.”

“She describes her experiences with Capitol since Night Time as “grey-listing”, and claims the label says people don’t want to work with her. “Well, no, they might not wanna work with you guys, actually,” she says. She says they call her “crazy, I’m mentally ill, I’m difficult, I’m unprofessional – oh, I’m a drug addict. That’s by far everyone’s go-to.”

“Things changed recently when Ferreira asked Capitol to acknowledge what they had put her through. “You have literally ruined my life,” she says emphatically. “My life was taken from me. It’s not just like a job to me. It’s literally me. It was like literally being in solitary confinement. I felt like I was gagged and bound.”

“And some Masochism songs allude to an unspecified abusive relationship. “Once I do trust someone, I’m loyal to a fault,” she says. “I’ll stay in a situation because I don’t want to feel like I’m going to hurt them, yet they can treat me like a punching bag,” she says with a desperate laugh. She says one person gaslit her to the point of a nervous breakdown.”

“I’m more just frustrated about the gaps between my records. And I got robbed of my 20s.” Another wheezy laugh. Since returning to the public eye, “people are talking about me like I’m an old crone now. It’s funny but because I’m not always posting pictures of myself, they’re expecting me to look like I’m 18. I don’t really have lines on my face. But also, I’ve been through a lot so it probably shows!”

16 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

That Guardian interview was actually pretty sad. Some excerpts below for those who care 

Hide contents

“She describes her experiences with Capitol since Night Time as “grey-listing”, and claims the label says people don’t want to work with her. “Well, no, they might not wanna work with you guys, actually,” she says. She says they call her “crazy, I’m mentally ill, I’m difficult, I’m unprofessional – oh, I’m a drug addict. That’s by far everyone’s go-to.”

“Things changed recently when Ferreira asked Capitol to acknowledge what they had put her through. “You have literally ruined my life,” she says emphatically. “My life was taken from me. It’s not just like a job to me. It’s literally me. It was like literally being in solitary confinement. I felt like I was gagged and bound.”

“And some Masochism songs allude to an unspecified abusive relationship. “Once I do trust someone, I’m loyal to a fault,” she says. “I’ll stay in a situation because I don’t want to feel like I’m going to hurt them, yet they can treat me like a punching bag,” she says with a desperate laugh. She says one person gaslit her to the point of a nervous breakdown.”

“I’m more just frustrated about the gaps between my records. And I got robbed of my 20s.” Another wheezy laugh. Since returning to the public eye, “people are talking about me like I’m an old crone now. It’s funny but because I’m not always posting pictures of myself, they’re expecting me to look like I’m 18. I don’t really have lines on my face. But also, I’ve been through a lot so it probably shows!”

i feel so bad for her :( the thing she said about being robbed of her 20s is heartbreaking. it's difficult to understand what actually happened, i wish she did a documentary or something, but i guess that could only happen if she was let go by capitol

2 hours ago, 111 said:

she ruined descending... people pretending her vocals are good... ma'am she is inaudible on the chorus :air2: her voice disappears when she goes falsetto... the struggle bus... 

and no one talking about her firing the video editor for dont forget and that's probably why we still don't have it... and then she fired one of the sound guys on the day of one of her performances :lmao:it's always the fault of other people on why things don't come out, why her performances are shit, why anything remotely negative happens around her... she isn't owning up to or taking just a bit of responsibility in any of those interviews :yawn:

I was there last night. She sounded incredible. Descending was the 2nd to last song played and just before it she said she was losing her voice so it might be crap - and you could hear her voice sounded quite raspy while talking at this point and she still performed the song. Gosh just give the girl a break no wonder she feels she needs to defend herself all the time, she can't have an off moment without the vultures sweeping in.

2 hours ago, vitriolkisses said:

Hide contents

“Otherwise it is hard to draw Ferreira on specifics, though her erraticness seems less like the trait of an unreliable narrator than a woman who has frequently been made to doubt her own reality, whether by the police who told her she invited sexual assault (twice) as a young teenager because she was quiet, or the mercurial employer she has been tethered to for half her life.”

This is so sad to hear but I'm not surprised. She did get robbed when she was in her "prime" years according to Hollywood and now she will probably face a lot of ageism if she manages to even get near her NTMT relevance. Notice how she acknowledged that people called her difficult and unprofessional. There's probably truth in that but we hear successful celebs being assholes everyday. I highly doubt she's that bad that everyone avoids her like the plague. This may sound tone deaf and it's not but her career is an example why people need a plan B when pursuing music or something related to art or starting a business. I applaud celebrities when they have a bachelor's degree. It's extremely hard but we always need a plan B in life. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

2 hours ago, vitriolkisses said:

so people at capitol are also lanaboards members who would've thought...

1 hour ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

so people at capitol are also lanaboards members who would've thought...

Of course. The amount of bullshit and harassment is so astonishing to the point where serious accusations constantly being made up by grown ass men had to be debunked by herself.

oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

well-so-im-done.gif

21 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

sick and tired of y'all acting like she's never given a good perf in her entire career

bestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsongbestsong

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I think a few of you are actually obsessed with this girl…like, concerning amounts of obsessed…seek help? writing whole dissertations lmao 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

last night was very much needed, thank good it went well! You can tell she was having fun and her fans had a blast which is the best thing that can happen to her and this community rn. she really looked beautiful and ethereal too, those photos taken with that venue lighting turned out to be mesmerizing! I kinda hope for a firefighter jacket comeback lol. 

Im exited for the don't forget mv too. liked how she mentioned in that guardian interview how she's expected to look as a teenager as its been awhile since she's had a proper comeback and hasn't had that many public appearances, and in a way, she's still singing her teenage songs. Having been in both the pop music and model industry where youth is very much what is being 'sold', i can see how the music video can become a turning point in that matter, were she'll reappear looking both mature and self-realized

will start to manifest a rolling stone cover for when the masochism release date is announced hehe 

5 hours ago, vitriolkisses said:

“She has chronic health issues including scoliosis and Lyme disease. During a medical for a film role, the doctor pointed out that she had a long-term broken rib. She intended to release Masochism before addressing her “huge” uterine fibroids, but ultimately delayed working on the music to get surgery, and is glad that she did.” :ohno: I didn’t know it was this bad

When did she get the surgery? She had 8 years to work on the album 😂 also when she met fans last night she told us she had a cold and though she sounded pretty bad. Then said she had no voice up until 6 hours ago and her doctor told her she shouldn't perform that night. 🙄

28 minutes ago, feelingxcx said:

When did she get the surgery? She had 8 years to work on the album 😂 also when she met fans last night she told us she had a cold and though she sounded pretty bad. Then said she had no voice up until 6 hours ago and her doctor told her she shouldn't perform that night. 🙄

had she cancelled y’all would be on here talking about her being a crack whore flop, so I’m not entirely sure what more you guys want LMAO 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

1 hour ago, feelingxcx said:

She got a fibroid tumor out in February 2020, but even dating back to 2017 she said she didn’t feel like she was healthy enough to release an album because she would like to tour it (where most artists get much of their earnings from). Even if she had toured it suffering from increasing health problems, I don’t doubt some of y’all would’ve found something to complain about ddd. Every artist knows their limit and if they don’t think their body is well enough to go on a strenuous world tour, that’s their call and their call only :hooker:

at this point sky can just never win no matter what she does. does she have her faults? absolutely. does she deserve some critique? sure. but I don't think she deserves any of this flat out hatred or malicious thinkpieces towards her

I'm sorry she will ALWAYS be mother to me :eartha:

tumblr_nqdg6cs78L1ra4d6ro1_500.gif

7 hours ago, Air said:

last nights show receiving acclaim aaah I know 111 and Exodus are FUMINGGGG I have to laugh!

Why would I be fuming? It's not like I wish her the worst lol

Guys just because I point out her negative and constant aspects don't make me a hater, I love her music but I won't be kissing the ass of a musician who has gotten it wrong very constantly for almost a decade. 

I'm very happy she uppered her live show game technically speaking BUT she still needs to fucking get on the stage on time. I hope she manages to fix that soon. 

But oh well, people love to talk shit about other artists, but if someone says negative stuff about their own faves that's a different story 😂 I'm not a blind fan of any of my faves, I can tell when they deserve negative feedback for their lack of professionalism. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Ferreira has paid for her career “in every sense”, she says. “Financially, emotionally, physically.” She has chronic health issues including scoliosis and Lyme disease. During a medical for a film role, the doctor pointed out that she had a long-term broken rib. She intended to release Masochism before addressing her “huge” uterine fibroids, but ultimately delayed working on the music to get surgery, and is glad that she did.

Nine months after welcoming their first child with boyfriend Alev Aydin, Halsey has been diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Sjögren's syndrome, mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS).

Twinsies. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

34 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Guys just because I point out her negative and constant aspects don't make me a hater, I love her music but I won't be kissing the ass of a musician who has gotten it wrong very constantly for almost a decade. 

musicians come and fuck up and go all the time, but she's kept us hooked for like 10 years now with barely any material. she must've been doing something right.