TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

15 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

musicians come and fuck up and go all the time, but she's kept us hooked for like 10 years now with barely any material. she must've been doing something right.

Well, she has kept us hooked because she hss been promising Masochism for 9 years now. 

We are all here waiting for it to finally get released. Or should I say for it to finally get finished? 

Who knows if this will be out this year lol only Sky knows. Hopefully Capitol doesn't block her again. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Capitol refused to talk to The Guardian and didn't replied to NME

I just know they're scared:willcut:

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

21 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

Capitol refused to talk to The Guardian and didn't replied to NME

I just know they're scared:willcut:

i still feel like Capitol is a huge factor as to why Sky doesn’t release music. She 150% gets in her own way, there’s no denying that, but at the end of the day Capitol has final say. Given her fierce “dedication” (using loosely) to creating her music, I think she’s angered some execs to the point where they won’t let her release almost anything. It’s a very nuanced issue. I get the sense that Sky refuses to be controlled in any way, and that angers the execs.

Someone (or someone’s) at Capitol are at the heart of why we’re all fighting here about her career.

Maybe i’m not saying anything but we cannot forget Capitol is a huge part of the Sky Ferreira problem.

negAbhB.png

6 hours ago, Party Favor said:

I think a few of you are actually obsessed with this girl…like, concerning amounts of obsessed…seek help? writing whole dissertations lmao 

agree w this wholeheartedly. Very rarely does it read as good faith criticism. Like it really isn't something to take personally that her career's been rife with trouble. Yes, it's been a messy couple of years, but it's still not THAT serious

1 hour ago, pinkfuneral said:

I love reading your posts - they're always very thoughtful and articulate!

oh that was unexpected and sweet <3 thanks love, its what happens when you have to quarantine right after your first sky ferreira show hahah

3 hours ago, zombie girl said:

capitol refusing to give a comment to the guardian or nme but JUMPING to publicly respond to halsey’s lashings of them. yeah i can understand why sky hates her

You mean the TikTok publicity stunt Halsey and Capitol put together to release her new single? 

5 hours ago, godsmonster said:

i still feel like Capitol is a huge factor as to why Sky doesn’t release music. She 150% gets in her own way, there’s no denying that, but at the end of the day Capitol has final say. Given her fierce “dedication” (using loosely) to creating her music, I think she’s angered some execs to the point where they won’t let her release almost anything. It’s a very nuanced issue. I get the sense that Sky refuses to be controlled in any way, and that angers the execs.

Someone (or someone’s) at Capitol are at the heart of why we’re all fighting here about her career.

Maybe i’m not saying anything but we cannot forget Capitol is a huge part of the Sky Ferreira problem.

Record companies are just evil.

Halsey comprises for Capitol all the time. That's why they let her record the last album (the one Trent Reznor produced) and were pissed when it flopped. Katy comprised a lot too. Sky won't do it. She won't compromise no matter what so the label turns on her and doesn't let her release anything. The thought that she has to release another album after Masochism. :crai:

Another 10 years of suffering for her. I don't understand why they just don't drop her from the label if they hate her so much? She can be free of all this and release her music independantly on Bandcamp. 

57 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Record companies are just evil.

Halsey comprises for Capitol all the time. That's why they let her record the last album (the one Trent Reznor produced) and were pissed when it flopped. Katy comprised a lot too. Sky won't do it. She won't compromise no matter what so the label turns on her and doesn't let her release anything. The thought that she has to release another album after Masochism. :crai:

Another 10 years of suffering for her. I don't understand why they just don't drop her from the label if they hate her so much? She can be free of all this and release her music independantly on Bandcamp. 

because they know the second they drop her she’s gonna expose them

negAbhB.png

12 hours ago, godsmonster said:

because they know the second they drop her she’s gonna expose them

That's for sure, but I also feel like they know Sky has a big fanbase for someone who has only one album under her belt. 

They know that once they drop her, many small and big labels will go after her because they know that fanbase will get them money. 

Also, Sky has everything to be a successful artist, she just need a good team and a good label behind her. 

But right now everything is like a perfect storm. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

So what we know about the Masochism tracklist is:

Confirmed:

Downhill Lullaby

Descending

Don't Forget

Innocent Kind

All My Lovers Die

Might be on it / Outtakes:

Guardian

Voices Cary (Cover)

Pray For Rain

Downhill Lullaby (Alternative Version)

Hands All Over Me (Cover)

Down In Flames

Live To Tell (Cover)

Legends

Speculated Titles:

Zebra

Masochism (Title track)

All To Myself

Gaslight

Finders Keepers

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Just now, Inferno Euphoria said:

Confirmed:

Downhill Lullaby

Descending

Don't Forget

Innocent Kind

All My Lovers Die

Guardian

Voices Cary (Cover)

Pray For Rain

Down In Flames

Live To Tell (Cover)

Legends

Speculated Titles:

Zebra

Masochism (Title track)

All To Myself

Gaslight

Finders Keepers

the tracks that leaked are scrapped

negAbhB.png

17 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

Confirmed:

Downhill Lullaby

Descending

Don't Forget

Innocent Kind

All My Lovers Die

Guardian

Voices Cary (Cover)

Pray For Rain

Down In Flames

Live To Tell (Cover)

Legends

Speculated Titles:

Zebra

Masochism (Title track)

All To Myself

Gaslight

Finders Keepers

idk what I’ll do if this doesn’t make it :defeated:

29 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

the tracks that leaked are scrapped

i hope they’re not… there’s no masochism without guardian, plus she even sang it live, altough I would understand if she considered that song to be sort of a bridge between eras. 

Guardian is sky ferreira herstory at this point and it deserves an official release, period