TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

16 hours ago, KimKaDAB said:

I agree, and that's one of the things that really make me go ????? about Sky and this era, because she REALLY REALLY wants to make Masochism a regular era, she said lots of times that didn't want to simply release the album and she's also following the same rollout plan that she had since 2019, idk why that's a must for her

I also feel like she was relying on her label too much. Tinashe was neglected by her label, had her last album delayed and horribly promoted so she left the label and started her own. It's not easy, extremely expensive and risqué but since she's been posting music videos and released two albums that look pretty high budget I assume that she's thriving. Sky has a cult like following and I believe that she would be able to live as an indie artist but homegirl probably wanted Lana's level of fame as an alt pop queen. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

13 minutes ago, shady said:

I also feel like she was relying on her label too much. Tinashe was neglected by her label, had her last album delayed and horribly promoted so she left the label and started her own. It's not easy, extremely expensive and risqué but since she's been posting music videos and released two albums that look pretty high budget I assume that she's thriving. Sky has a cult like following and I believe that she would be able to live as an indie artist but homegirl probably wanted Lana's level of fame as an alt pop queen. 

it's not that easy to leave label, especially capitol lol

1 hour ago, nuclear angel said:

it's not that easy to leave label, especially capitol lol

Do we know if she had even attempted to leave?

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Voices Carry sounds very different to the demo now.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ce9EfaPIZES/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I wonder if she's really adding that cover to the Masochism tracklist considering how well it has been received by fans and critics alike. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I did a list of some covers she has recorded.

Are there any others?

• Cry Baby — Night Time, My Time:

Almost Lover (A Fine Frenzy)

Animal (Miike Snow)

Bang Bang (Cher)

Blue Jeans (Lana Del Rey)

Genie in a Bottle (Christina Aguilera)

God Bless (Billie Holiday)

Happy Dre (Beatles)

I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston)

My Molly (Ariel Pink)

Stand Back (Stevie Nicks)

• Masochism:

All the Madmen (David Bowie)

Baby's on Fire (Brian Eno)

Blue Velvet (Tony Bennett)

Down in Flames (Jorge Elbrecht)

Easy (Commodores)

Hands All Over Me (Tamaryn)

The Last of the Famous International Playboys (Morrissey)

Live to Tell (Madonna)

Voices Carry ('Til Tuesday)

well-so-im-done.gif

29 minutes ago, Real Bad Girl said:

Are there any others?

Live to Tell (Madonna)

Voices Carry ('Til Tuesday)

Blue Velvet

negAbhB.png

46 minutes ago, Real Bad Girl said:

Are there any others?

Live to Tell (Madonna)

Almost Lover (forgot who did the og)
Blue Jeans (Lana Del Rey) [i think this existed]

1 hour ago, Real Bad Girl said:

Are there any others?

Hide contents

- Cry Baby / Night Time, My Time:

Happy Dre (Beatles)

Wish I Stayed (Ellie Goulding)

- Masochism:

Live to Tell (Madonna)

1 hour ago, godsmonster said:

Blue Velvet

1 hour ago, miamigardenclub said:

Almost Lover (forgot who did the og)
Blue Jeans (Lana Del Rey) [i think this existed]

Easy (Baby Driver Soundtrack) 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, Real Bad Girl said:

Are there any others?

Hide contents

Happy Dre (Beatles)

- Masochism:

Easy (Commodores)

Live to Tell (Madonna)

So basically the ones from the first section are all prior to NTMT no?

The way she actually has material to release a cover album to hold people over while finishing Masochism...

I know Blue Velvet and All the Madmen were live and Easy was for the Baby Driver soundtrack, but I'm pretty sure she has some in the vault that we don't know yet. It would've been a nice move after the Voices Carry release on Soundcloud: a whole cover album (or a 8-track EP if you will) in 2019, then Downhill Lullaby in late 2021, Don't Forget 2022, maybe another single mid-summer and the album in the fall. Maybe the wait wouldn't have felt this loooong.

:defeated: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

There’s a few more,

Cry Baby - Sessions
Genie In A Bottle (Christina Aguilera)

Animal (Miike Snow)

-

Ghost - Sessions

Bang Bang (feat. 2cellos) [Cher]

I'm pretty sure she covered something else in Putty Hill. I've also heard that Wish I Stayed is actually a demo, not a cover.

I'm inside of my own human body and I don't even know it yet

41 minutes ago, Cool said:

There’s a few more,

Cry Baby - Sessions

Animal (Miike Snow)

-

Ghost - Sessions

I'm pretty sure she covered something else in Putty Hill. I've also heard that Wish I Stayed is actually a demo, not a cover.

Yeah, I believe it is a demo as well. 

12 hours ago, Real Bad Girl said:

Are there any others?

Hide contents

Happy Dre (Beatles)

- Masochism:

Easy (Commodores)

Live to Tell (Madonna)

You forgot her best cover My Molly (Ariel Pink)

10 hours ago, Cool said:

I'm pretty sure she covered something else in Putty Hill. 

I Will Always Love You 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

11 hours ago, Cool said:

There’s a few more,

Cry Baby - Sessions

Animal (Miike Snow)

-

Ghost - Sessions

11 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Yeah, I believe it is a demo as well. 

Wish I Stayed is not a demo, is a cover. Wish I Stayed was released in 2009 as a promo single from Goulding's debut Lights, and actually written solely by Goulding, while Sky covered it the following year.

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Wish I Stayed is not a demo, is a cover. Wish I Stayed was released in 2009 as a promo single from Goulding's debut Lights, and actually written solely by Goulding, while Sky covered it the following year.

Yeah, I'm aware is an Ellie single, but I heard Sky did the producer demo as she worked with the same producer who did the final version for Ellie. 

42 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Yeah, I'm aware is an Ellie single, but I heard Sky did the producer demo as she worked with the same producer who did the final version for Ellie. 

Yeah that leads to confusion. It seems kinda ridiculous that Sky covered a song and used the same producer than that of the final Ellie version, but afaik Sky was not involved in writing it.

I can only think of two reasons why Sky could've demoed the track:

1) That Sky wrote it for Ellie, which I'm 99% certain it didn't happen; and

2) That Ellie wrote it and at one point she pitched the song to Sky (who was recording songs written by other people at the time, i.e. Ryan Tedder etc.) but either she/the label rejected it, or Ellie ultimately decided to keep the song to herself as it was too personal for Ellie.

That, and the fact that Sky's version is later (unless it leaked after Ellie released), only leaves me thinking it's a cover, although once again, how fancy from Sky getting the same producer of the final song to produce her cover.

EDIT: Frankmusik (Vincent Turner) spilled the T on it:

Spoiler

"Well the dilemma was kind of dumb; it was kind of an accident… I was working with them around the same time. I said to Sky “can you sing this song that I’ve just recorded because “Wish I Stayed” was such a unique song and I wanted to set the bar quite high and see if she could sing it. So I was like to Sky “If you can sing it, cool! All get you over”.” Because obviously she was good enough to work with. So I got my friend in Los Angeles to record it for me and send to me and It was all cool but before I knew it Sky had it on her MySpace and then of course Ellie was like “What the fuck are you doing?” And I said to her “Ahh!” That was not supposed to happen” and it all just got massively blown up. Now it’s like whatever, Ellie has had a great year."

:eartha: 

:deadbanana:

Conclusion: it was an *unauthorised* cover. :rip: 

28 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Yeah that leads to confusion. It seems kinda ridiculous that Sky covered a song and used the same producer than that of the final Ellie version, but afaik Sky was not involved in writing it.

I can only think of two reasons why Sky could've demoed the track:

1) That Sky wrote it for Ellie, which I'm 99% certain it didn't happen; and

2) That Ellie wrote it and at one point she pitched the song to Sky (who was recording songs written by other people at the time, i.e. Ryan Tedder etc.) but either she/the label rejected it, or Ellie ultimately decided to keep the song to herself as it was too personal for Ellie.

That, and the fact that Sky's version is later (unless it leaked after Ellie released), only leaves me thinking it's a cover, although once again, how fancy from Sky getting the same producer of the final song to produce her cover.

EDIT: Frankmusik (Vincent Turner) spilled the T on it:

Hide contents

"Well the dilemma was kind of dumb; it was kind of an accident… I was working with them around the same time. I said to Sky “can you sing this song that I’ve just recorded because “Wish I Stayed” was such a unique song and I wanted to set the bar quite high and see if she could sing it. So I was like to Sky “If you can sing it, cool! All get you over”.” Because obviously she was good enough to work with. So I got my friend in Los Angeles to record it for me and send to me and It was all cool but before I knew it Sky had it on her MySpace and then of course Ellie was like “What the fuck are you doing?” And I said to her “Ahh!” That was not supposed to happen” and it all just got massively blown up. Now it’s like whatever, Ellie has had a great year."

:eartha: 

:deadbanana:

Conclusion: it was an *unauthorised* cover. :rip: 

Omg that sounds very outrageous and awkward, I didn't know the producer spilled the tea. 

Thanks for the info! Glad to know we know the truth now lol