TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

12 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

It's just so depressing how this album probably won't be out until next summer or later...I could see it not coming until after NTMT's 10th anniversary (if at all)

I bet that's what will happen. 

It's even kinda a smart move for Capitol to tease her fanbase with a 10th anniversary re-release prior the new album release. 

I mean, if we have already waited 9 year, why not wait until the next year? 😂 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, pinkfuneral said:

I don't even have enough faith in her to meet a deadline that's over a year from now lol

It's awful to have trust issues with a musician. 

We are all here because of our love for music. It's awful to don't know when the next piece of work is going to be out. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

i don't know what to think about this girl, what happenned with Don't Forget music video and the 'new album'? this whole project denotes a lot of disinterest

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

25 minutes ago, highme said:

i don't know what to think about this girl, what happenned with Don't Forget music video and the 'new album'? this whole project denotes a lot of disinterest

Her career has been like that since it began. 

I feel like NTMT was a "fuck it" situation where she threw whatever she made in a very short time and it turned out good with overrated acclaims. And now she feels the pressure of releasing a second album with the fear of becoming a sophomore slump. 

She is a really rare case. Some people find it iconic, I find it very stressful and little professional. 

can't believe she said it wasn't going to be another downhill lullaby situation but here we are..... so i guess her strategy consists in just releasing one single every 5/6 years? cool

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

35 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

flop :((

Hey House of Balloons, we are creating a hostile environment when we use derogatory words like that when referring to Sky Ferreira and we should be careful to avoid that word as it upsets the users around here due to their experiences with being a flop. So let's make sure we are considerate of our language or use a trigger warning as we don't want this thread locked again for weeks, as we use this wonderful place to have the most constructive discussions about Sky Ferreira and her active music career. Thanks!! xoxo :kiss3:  

18 minutes ago, 111 said:

Hey House of Balloons, we are creating a hostile environment when we use derogatory words like that when referring to Sky Ferreira and we should be careful to avoid that word as it upsets the users around here due to their experiences with being a flop. So let's make sure we are considerate of our language or use a trigger warning as we don't want this thread locked again for weeks, as we use this wonderful place to have the most constructive discussions about Sky Ferreira and her active music career. Thanks!! xoxo :kiss3:  

Thank you for the heads up, eclipse. Only good things to say about miss Sky in the Ferraris' Communist Republic of Sky Ferreira! <3

17 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

Thank you for the heads up, eclipse. Only good things to say about miss Sky in the Ferraris' Communist Republic of Sky Ferreira! <3

You're welcome my dear. I also believe that the existence of a specific emoji right here on this forum is hateful, inflammatory and triggering for tons of people who are afraid to speak up and request its removal due to their fear of getting warning points or banned. As I'm the official ambassador of this thread, I'm starting a campaign and will be contacting Ellen and the mod team so we can banish this emoji forever. I believe this will make a huge difference in validating the struggles and supporting the recovery of people, right here on this very thread, who suffer from chronic jaw clenching due to their 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (also known as ecstasy, molly or mandy) usage. The misuse of this emoji that I will put under a trigger warning and spoilers could be the last thing they need to see as they are reminded of their last night out or stage "performance" without a gum.

Spoiler

trigger warning

Spoiler

:sky:

Any support for this campaign will be appreciated! Thank you xoxo :kiss3:

I still don't understand what's going on with this girl... it's not like they are waiting for her to get a hit before letting her release the album (cause it's not realistic and she doesn't even release singles to get the "hit" :eek:)

I guess she's also constantly reworking and changing stuff from the album but cmon it's been almost 10 years.

At this point it would be better if she just releases the album and if it's good the acclaim would be enough promo to get some more people to listen to it (at least in the "indie" circles)

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, 111 said:

You're welcome my dear. I also believe that the existence of a specific emoji right here on this forum is hateful, inflammatory and triggering for tons of people who are afraid to speak up and request its removal due to their fear of getting warning points or banned. As I'm the official ambassador of this thread, I'm starting a campaign and will be contacting Ellen and the mod team so we can banish this emoji forever. I believe this will make a huge difference in validating the struggles and supporting the recovery of people, right here on this very thread, who suffer from chronic jaw clenching due to their 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (also known as ecstasy, molly or mandy) usage. The misuse of this emoji that I will put under a trigger warning and spoilers could be the last thing they need to see as they are reminded of their last night out or stage "performance" without a gum.

Reveal hidden contents

trigger warning

Reveal hidden contents

:sky:

Any support for this campaign will be appreciated! Thank you xoxo :kiss3:

Great initiative. I'd like to add that any talk of drugs in general should be met with harsh consequences from Ellen & Co to set an example for those who constantly bring up H*r*in & M*th addict*on which often times triggers severe cognitive dissonance in the Ferraris.