TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I just don’t understand what is stopping her from going rogue? Like if capital has wasted so much of her time, isn’t there something she can do? I know that’s probably a very naive question but like it just seems that this is getting to the point where she needs to take some kind of action or she’s never going to have a career of any kind. And I need her to have a career, everything she puts out is perfection and people eat up her iconic indie grunge pop queen vibe. I need something to happen, we are so close I feel

1 hour ago, Kristine said:

I just don’t understand what is stopping her from going rogue? Like if capital has wasted so much of her time, isn’t there something she can do? I know that’s probably a very naive question but like it just seems that this is getting to the point where she needs to take some kind of action or she’s never going to have a career of any kind. And I need her to have a career, everything she puts out is perfection and people eat up her iconic indie grunge pop queen vibe. I need something to happen, we are so close I feel

Please understand, this is not your typical case of "the label is sabotaging everything". 

There are many many things going behind the scenes and it's not only Capitol fault. Sky has some shared of the blame as well. 

If the music video is not finished, is because she is the one editing it and finishing it because she doesnt trust anyone to finish it. 

If the music is not out, is because is not finished yet, and that's because she is not 100% happy with he results. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 7/25/2022 at 11:09 PM, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

maybe that's all the video is? that same look and location of the cover for the entire 4 minutes

i doubt it... we've seen like 3 or 4 looks from it already

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

21 hours ago, Jord said:

The sound engineer was an absolute mess and he's no longer part of Sky's team. That's what can be said for now.

Yes it HAS to be the sound designer. I heard he's the nephew of the Capitol CEO who keeps her from releasing all those things she's definitely produced in the past years out of sheer pettiness.:agree:

Everyone is out to ruin Sky's career, poor poor gurl :[

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

13 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Yes it HAS to be the sound designer. I heard he's the nephew of the Capitol CEO who keeps her from releasing all those things she's definitely produced in the past years out of sheer pettiness.:agree:

Everyone is out to ruin Sky's career, poor poor gurl :[

Okay...?

The other user asked about the shows and I replied with info about the shows, but clearly sOmEoNe needs to come around and make shady comments that add no value at all and have nothing to do with the discussion. This has gotten old. Next.

The ‘her label is stopping her’ they are not stopping her, It’s because she wants more money for music videos and promotion and won’t accept no.  So she sulks and doesn’t do anything, and capitol let her rot because she’s a small fish to them. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

6 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

The ‘her label is stopping her’ they are not stopping her, It’s because she wants more money for music videos and promotion and won’t accept no.  So she sulks and doesn’t do anything, and capitol let her rot because she’s a small fish to them. 

$$ goes to those who can finish and release stuff

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

This is true. 

1 hour ago, 111 said:

Amen 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

after not reading through this, i have come to the conclusion that it is both sky and capitol who are part of the problem (we knew this), and that the long awaited don't forget mv will not be coming within the next 2 months even though it’s been finished for 3 (we also knew this:crossed: :toofunny:

kind of sad how the same 3 issues are constantly being discussed because absolutely nothing interesting has recently happened but another ig “tease” 

I'm inside of my own human body but I don't feel it yet

Sky said in one of the interviews recently that she believes masochism deserves a big normal album roll out and she wouldn't compromise on it. Capitol has very little incentive to give in at this point; many other artists have resorted to mixtapes or low funding to get stuff out but to sky that isn't an option because she wants a big label release. 

she's truly a masochist imo, this cycle could have ended awhile ago 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

1 hour ago, methamphetamine said:

after not reading through this, i have come to the conclusion that it is both sky and capitol who are part of the problem (we knew this), and that the long awaited don't forget mv will not be coming within the next 2 months even though it’s been finished for 3 (we also knew this:crossed: :toofunny:

kind of sad how the same 3 issues are constantly being discussed because absolutely nothing interesting has recently happened but another ig “tease” 

The music video was NOT finished three months ago, because in May she mentioned she was still editing the whole thing herself because she was not happy with the work of the previous editor of the music video.

She has been very busy during May and June touring. 

Maybe she already finished it during this month, but there is no way the music video was done and ready to be released three months ago (she said "more than three months", but it's a lie as usual, she loves to exaggerate). 

1 hour ago, Ceremonials said:

Sky said in one of the interviews recently that she believes masochism deserves a big normal album roll out and she wouldn't compromise on it. Capitol has very little incentive to give in at this point; many other artists have resorted to mixtapes or low funding to get stuff out but to sky that isn't an option because she wants a big label release. 

she's truly a masochist imo, this cycle could have ended awhile ago 

I don't get her, she said she doesn't want to be the big mainstream pop star that Capitol wanted her to be originally, but she wants a "normal" album roll out like most pop stars. 

She can't have that with Capitol, maybe she could have it with another labels, but not with Capitol. For them she's nothing but a small artist and she must realize that, they won't change their mind just because she wants it her way, that's the industry and we all know it's bad, but it's just how it is. 

It's time for her to realize that the best for her career and her fans is to settle down and release her albums as fast as she can, even though there is no big roll outs or big promo, and then run away from Capitol once she finishes her contract. 

But yeah, it's true, she's a real Masochist and she will suffer the consequences of her own decisions. Capitol will never change and things will always be the same. BUT SHE CAN CHANGE AND DO THINGS DIFFERENT, but she chooses not to. 

Dunno why the thread was re-opened teebs we’re just going in circles as always. At this point it’s not even worth typing essays over it  (especially from those who say they don’t care about her) because really it’s all been said before. Sky is Sky and she won’t change anytime soon, people are giving too much energy all over a flop video we would’ve all seen no more than twice anyway. Let’s all just go outside, soak up the sun, grab a cold drink, etc. If and when something materializes then speculating will be fun again :legend:

5 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

5 hours ago, 111 said:

This say it all 

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.