TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I want to pretend nothing is going wrong and that we are all fresh happy stans. So... when did you discover Sky's music and what did you think and which songs did you like the most?

Quote me pls, I want to read everythng

Mine: I discovered Red Lips on tumblr (early 2013) as a gif with the spider, and I found out what it was and got obsessed. I only really listened to Red Lips, Everything's Embarassing and Lost In My Bedroom until NTMT was released and that album sky-rocketed to my fav of 2014, only topped by Ultraviolence. 

21 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I want to pretend nothing is going wrong and that we are all fresh happy stans. So... when did you discover Sky's music and what did you think and which songs did you like the most?

I discovered Sky when she released "17" on MySpace and iTunes, I remember I read in a blog that she was the next big pop star (lol) and fell in love with her look in that music video. 

Also I remember when Capitol really invested in her with "One" and even released and "iTunes LP" on iTunes with the music video, lyrics, credits and even some photos. What a nice experience back then. Capitol really gave her the budget and money. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

45 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

if im not mistaken a friend of mine from High School (this is like 9-10 years ago probably) asked me if I knew about this singer who has Ferreira (very common in Brazil) as surname and then I answered her that I never knew about any brazilian singer with that name (im brazilian too), and then she recommended me to listen to “Nobody Asked Me” and it was instant love to me. I was at a very pop vibe by the time so her alt/pop/rock didnt do much for me tho besides NAM and that was the only song I would listen from her until maybe 2015-ish(??). Then I researched more about her career and discovered about One (which was the pop vibe I loved and it was quite interesting for me that she tried that sound before NTMT) and then I decided to give one more chance and re-listen to her released songs and everything  just clicked for me (not only with Sky but with a lot of alt/non top billboard artists). Jumping a few years later I discivered about As If! and that made me love her even more. Her unreleased songs in general keeps me going until now but I really wish things were different with her. 

ps: IPFR is the song of the decade and thats the t

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

I actually found her through Apple Music. In 2016 i was obsessed with Electra Heart and Night Time, My Time was suggested underneath as like recommended or similar album or whatever it was that used to be there. I was intrigued by the album artwork and the first song I listened to was 24 Hours and the rest is history (this all happened while I was at work).

I loved the dark grungy sound of NTMT, i always pictured listening to it in a dark, dirty, damp hallway in a sleepy building in downtown LA that was dimly light by ugly fluorescent lighting (it’s hard to describe lmfao)

24 Hours and EIE were my favs for a very long time (still are), until I heard more of her unreleased stuff from NTMT on

I think her sound is the perfect blend of genres I love. She’s got that rock sound but with like pop lyrics/structure, whatever and it’s super appealing to me

negAbhB.png

3 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

It was my junior year of high school and I was really into my tumblr/pitchfork/theneedledrop era of discovering new music & I heard Lost In My Bedroom and it was just absurdly cool to me for whatever reason. Then NTMT dropped and I really became obsessed. It came out like right when I got my first car so I would just drive around at night for no reason and blast it in rotation with a bunch of other stuff. 

Favorite songs are 99 Tears, One, EIE, Nobody Asked Me, Can't Say No To Myself. 

Release the fucking album, Sky. If your girl Charli can circumvent her label's bullshittery by releasing albums as """"mixtapes"""" so can you.

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~

3 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

such a basic answer but stan twitter lol

4698aa00f6d7ce1337ab79a011220eb0.gif

4 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

i got the music video for one recommended on youtube and played it for my friend in 8th grade math class, i was creating little ferraris at age 14 #charity. i got into obsession shortly after and then haters anonymous, 108, and 99 tears were my faves. i started seeing her a lot on tumblr around that time so i began stanning and the rest was herstory

i think the one video was posted by parlophone so i thought she was british or something lol.

6 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I was listening to another artist on SoundCloud and 99 Tears randomly autoplayed :creep: instantly had me hooked and I started getting into her music.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

i discovered sky through the internet and her music (ghost, ntmt) felt like something i’ve been looking for my whole life. it was the type of music i’d been dying to find. the only other musician i’ve felt that way about is the smiths

my favourite songs are LIMB, Sad Dream, Boys, I Blame Myself, You’re Not The One, I Will and Everything is Embarrassing 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

Around mid 2014 (2nd grade of high school) I just kept seeing the NTMT cover somewhere on YT when it was the time of massive numbers of "full album" videos there. The cover caught my atention (its dark tone, the feeling of being scared, vulnerable or as if something bad is about to happen soon - the forever iconic Ferreira in the green shower), so once I decided to give it a shot. While having my first listen, Nobody Asked Me, I Will and the title track clicked instantly - especially the last one brought incredible eeriness to my ears (I was listening to it in complete darkness in front of my monitor with headphones on), which was completely unexpected considering the rocky, uptempo feeling almost every single track has. I was really satisfied after the first listen (although back then I had an impression that many songs sound really similar to each other), and I kept coming back to that album slowly starting to love other songs as well, and seeing that each of them actually sound different, and it is just a matter of a perfectly adjusted common thread/tone that gives a very cohesive experience - the thing that nowadays I cherish A LOT as it makes me see the whole thing as a complete artistic expression, body of work, the art captured in the sound and its stylistic rather than a collection of songs randomly titled. After those few listens I started getting to know Ferreira, her background and I was completely amused with her sense of style, mysterious persona, as well as introvertism/shyness which I 100% relate to. A fan forever, honestly.

9 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I remember when she was trending on YouTube with Red Lips and I liked her look and her voice and I thought the song was cool but there was a DAMN SPIDER and I couldn't go thru with it but I went back maybe later that year or in 2014 and I fell in love with Lost In My Bedroom and I thought it was so dreamy and it kinda describes my state of mind at the time. But YNTO and NTMT captured me and I became a fan ever since

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

9 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Probs I found her around 2016-17, when I was in my trip-hop/alt rock full stan era (I still do btw, but it was all fresh new to me back then) so I remember reading about Sky in a forum (not LB, I wasn't here back then) and the long delay of her albums caught my interest. First I checked was the Ghost EP and fell in love completely. Also listened to some of the most mentioned unreleased (mostly the Cry Baby era) and it was quite different but I enjoyed it too). Then I went for NTMT and there I was stanning. For me it's been one of those albums that no matter how long has passed since you discovered them, they still slap hard each time.

So yeah, no matter how disappointed I am for the delays, I'll be eating Masochism when/if it is released :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I remember I first found Sky sifting through the related artists of Natalia Kills & Marina sections in iTunes back in like 2011. I saw the As If EP & actually thought she was Skye Sweetnam & was like this can’t be that good. Then I realized it was really good & a new Sky I didn’t know 

i loved lost in my bedroom/everything is embarassing bc i was constantly on tumblr in 2012/2013. i remember buying both those songs on itunes.

i was just a casual fan so i remember being a bit confused bc from my perspective she only had like a handful of songs yet she was so good and there was a lot of hype around her.

i was into more upbeat music by the time ntmt came out, so i didn't really listen to the whole album until 2015/2016, bc around that time she started trending again as people thought the masochism era was about to start with the whole playboy shoot etc etc

i think i truly became a fan when voices carry came out and i had that song on repeat for the whole summer.

12 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

shortly after cross you out was released, i didn't have spotify premium at the time so i listened to the short preview of hmh and title track, both sounded to me way darker and heavier than they are, it wasn't until december 2019 that i heard ntmt in full, it wasn't as dark and heavy as i expected, i loved the blend of that pop/rock/grungy whatever sound it has, and became obsessed. shortly after that i listened to ghost ep, her soundcloud stuff etc, i didnt knew anything about her career and thought one, 99 tears and her other pop stuff were just random songs she made for fun.

favorite songs: kristine and boys 

Spoiler

somebody leak ms bluebeard :crai:

13 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I was working at clothing store during my first year of college in 2013 and we had EIE, LIMB and YNTO on our playlist. I kept hearing YNTO and loved it so I went to check who the artist was and it was Sky. The rest is history. I fell in love with her music and her iconic image. At the time she was popping up with so many famous people I loved—Debbie Harry, David Lynch, Shirley Manson, and thought she was the tits. I also fell in love with DIIV during this time, because we played them at work too. I was struggling with addiction and toxic relationships at the time and I felt some kind of connection due to her arrest and the whole Zachary Cole Smith chapter of her life. I was also coming to terms with the fact that I was a gay boi and she was someone I felt that I could relate with on the pop music scene, and her lyrics felt like they were so on par with what I was going through.YNTO, LIMB, 24 Hours and Nobody Asked Me were my instant faves

I was supposed to see her at Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin in 2014. In true Sky fashion she missed her flight but got to town that evening and held a private show at a bar for those with festival passes. I was going through a lot at the time and I ended up missing it. At the time I thought, this girl is about to take off, I’ve have plenty of other chances to see her live…and here we are 8 years later lol. But she will forever be one of my favs despite all the chaos and I have faith she’s going to reign supreme once again ❤️ 

28 minutes ago, RGB said:

yall 18&over trailer has unveiled on some random fan account? we'll see sky for 3 minutes in the whole movie i fear

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CghtR4PoDGm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

also they are going to sell nft's...

https://18andovermovienft.com

need that stacy nft asap!

:lmao:Sky is always such a giggle

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna