TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

9 hours ago, 111 said:

:sluttybunny:

i still don't hear that song, i'm gonna wait until the official release (if one day it happens :eartha2:)

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

19 minutes ago, highme said:

anyone has heard this song? DIIV is everything.

As far as I know, DIIV is not very popular in this fanbase, mostly because Zachary Cole was the worst influence for her and everything went downhill from there. 

She even lost many model gigs after the arrest. 

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/21038/1/diivs-zachary-cole-smith-i-fucked-up-sky-ferreiras-life

Pretty sad.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

6 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

As far as I know, DIIV is not very popular in this fanbase, mostly because Zachary Cole was the worst influence for her and everything went downhill from there. 

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/21038/1/diivs-zachary-cole-smith-i-fucked-up-sky-ferreiras-life

Pretty sad.

i still remember that situation, seing her face on these pics was so sad

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

4 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Pretty sad.

Things could be so different if this hasn't happened...

Also, Sky was tested and she was clean and leaved by the front door the next day, but no one even cared to write about that bc thrashing celebrities was funnier and gave them more clicks...

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

13 hours ago, highme said:

i still remember that situation, seing her face on these pics was so sad

Right? I was shocked. 

Before that, I wouldn't be that surprised if she used weed or Molly, most people do at least once in their lives. 

But being arrested for hard drugs posession is pretty darn awful and you can tell she was scared, it's awful that she had to pay because of Zachary Cole's dumb decisions and addiction. 

8 hours ago, KimKaDAB said:

Things could be so different if this hasn't happened...

Also, Sky was tested and she was clean and leaved by the front door the next day, but no one even cared to write about that bc thrashing celebrities was funnier and gave them more clicks...

I know, I loved her modeling gigs, she was such an IT girl back then. That moron ruined her career and I still feel like she has a long way getting it back. 

I just hope she's able to finish her contract and rebrand herself. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Yeah she might’ve had a few contracts canceled but she continued to do lots of modeling and even continued her big deal with Redken after the arrest. It’s not like Zach derailed her entire career. A lot of that has to do with Sky and/or Capitol, depending on what’s truly happening behind the scenes lmao.

The 1-2-3 punch of walking in the Marc Jacobs show, the arrest, and the release of NTMT, all happening so close to each other, was iconic. The arrest really solidified the heroin chic vibe the music and visuals were eliciting. Wish I could go back in time to 2012/13, the lead up to NTMT was everything.

They already deleted Gloves from Tumblr...

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

2 hours ago, Moloko Plus said:

Yeah she might’ve had a few contracts canceled but she continued to do lots of modeling and even continued her big deal with Redken after the arrest. It’s not like Zach derailed her entire career. A lot of that has to do with Sky and/or Capitol, depending on what’s truly happening behind the scenes lmao.

The 1-2-3 punch of walking in the Marc Jacobs show, the arrest, and the release of NTMT, all happening so close to each other, was iconic. The arrest really solidified the heroin chic vibe the music and visuals were eliciting. Wish I could go back in time to 2012/13, the lead up to NTMT was everything.

Seems like there are three types of fans here:

1. The ones who get upset when someone call her a drug addict. 

2. The ones who romanticize Sky and drugs and see that as an aesthetic or a vibe. 

3. The ones who know she uses drugs and doesnt care if she's an addict or not, or if it's part of her "aesthetic or vibe", they just want music from her. 

46 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

2. The ones who romanticize Sky and drugs and see that as an aesthetic or a vibe. 

3. The ones who know she uses drugs and doesnt care if she's an addict or not, or if it's part of her "aesthetic or vibe", they just want music from her. 

I mean even if she does use drugs that’s whatever and it shouldn’t matter as long as she’s healthy. But calling her a drug addict and making comments about someone struggling is never appropriate. In my opinion it seems like she used to maybe struggle when she was with Cole, but I really don’t think she’s been using for a long time now. She looks and sounds great, and I think she’s ready to make her return 

54 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

there’s a difference between calling out the fact that someone is a user, and being blatantly disrespectful about it

negAbhB.png

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

Also there are the ones that believe she's never been a drug addict. It feels like it's just like Kesha, when people say she's crazy or dirty, which she isn't.

Plus as someone have mentioned before, according to Sky [...] The arrest was, predictably, a much-publicised event, with Ferreira’s mugshot gleefully shared online. Today she is keen to point out: “I’ve never been a fucking drug addict. I got drug tested that day, and it showed I wasn’t on drugs – but no one brings up that part.” [...] https://www.nme.com/big-reads/sky-ferreira-cover-interview-2022-masochism-3249551

Nevertheless, she seems so healthy now. (and a few years ago...)

55 minutes ago, Kristine said:

I mean even if she does use drugs that’s whatever and it shouldn’t matter as long as she’s healthy. But calling her a drug addict and making comments about someone struggling is never appropriate. In my opinion it seems like she used to maybe struggle when she was with Cole, but I really don’t think she’s been using for a long time now. She looks and sounds great, and I think she’s ready to make her return 

Agree, anyone can easily tell that she used to have some issues with drugs back then, but I see her now in a healthier place. 

50 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

there’s a difference between calling out the fact that someone is a user, and being blatantly disrespectful about it

True. 

And it's pretty clear there was a point of her life where she was under the influence of drugs often.

I'm glad she's now healthier, you can easily tell she's not using drugs (either at all or not that often when she's in public). 

46 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Also there are the ones that believe she's never been a drug addict. It feels like it's just like Kesha, when people say she's crazy or dirty, which she isn't.

Plus as someone have mentioned before, according to Sky [...] The arrest was, predictably, a much-publicised event, with Ferreira’s mugshot gleefully shared online. Today she is keen to point out: “I’ve never been a fucking drug addict. I got drug tested that day, and it showed I wasn’t on drugs – but no one brings up that part.” [...] https://www.nme.com/big-reads/sky-ferreira-cover-interview-2022-masochism-3249551

Nevertheless, she seems so healthy now. (and a few years ago...)

It's hard to now if she was a drug addict back then or just a heavy user, because there was a time where she was drugged most of her time in public. 

But she's not in that place anyone, she seems like she either uses drugs in a more responsible way or maybe she is not using them anymore. 

As long as she's healthy and happy. 

I was shopping in daiso and all of a sudden I hear familiar glitch noise and Love in Stereo started playing on the overhead speakers.. did a complete double take I could not believe itwkYR7LV.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

As a newer fan and in hindsight I think she's dabbled in Molly/weed. As far as other stuff I'm not quite sure. HER appearance was pretty sickly at one point during the short blonde hair era but I dunno how much of that was her not giving af versus someone going through addiction. In any case, she seemed much better even a year or two after so... Idk the timeline of when she was with Cole but certain Diiv songs (that band is amazing) point at Cole keeping secrets and lying about his addiction to her, so it's hard to piece the "truth". I don't doubt he was a bad influence while they were together.