TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

31 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

You all deserve a medal in patience or a trophy for still being excited for this album and waiting for it. I thought NFR was excruciating but this is way worse. Hang in there, sweeties! You’re all heroes :gclap:

actually nfr was worse bc it was an unusual rollout for lana at the time so there was a lot of suffering involved but with sky it's been so long that you get used to the waiting and kinda forget about it until she does something (like this interview for example) and you remember you're supposed to be waiting for something 

2022:

Sky Ferreira -  Don't Forget 

Florence -  Dance Fever 

Tove Lo -  Dirt Femme

Coincidence?  :illumarina:

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

4 hours ago, Kristine said:

I know we all want to be negative Nancy (sinatras) but she’s obviously getting press for a reason. Her mom also says that sky has been in the UK recording and finishing up some projects. Tonia has misled us before but something is definitely in the works. We just need to wait it out 

2016:

https://www.stereogum.com/1900700/sky-ferreira-introduces-masochism-with-playboy-covers-bruce-dern-interview/news/

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/29751/1/sky-ferreira-enduring-spirit

2018:

https://www.papermag.com/sky-ferreira-masochism-2576073510.html

2019:

https://pitchfork.com/features/cover-story/sky-ferreira-masochism-interview/

:toofloppy:

Also this is probably one of her worst photoshoot in the last few years, they clearly knew nobody would care but fans and gave her a 20$ budget

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

7 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

Worst photo shoot?? Gurl are we looking at the same magazine?? She looks amazing and her outfits and vibe are some of the best she’s done in years 

also…do y’all think this is a real hickey or is it a reference to her photo shoot with Zachary cole smith in 2013 where she has the hickey? Just seems weird they wouldn’t have edited it out if it was unintentional 

4 hours ago, Kristine said:

Worst photo shoot?? Gurl are we looking at the same magazine?? She looks amazing and her outfits and vibe are some of the best she’s done in years 

also…do y’all think this is a real hickey or is it a reference to her photo shoot with Zachary cole smith in 2013 where she has the hickey? Just seems weird they wouldn’t have edited it out if it was unintentional 

The outfits are cute but I think she's probably going through something medically again. 😕

reface-2022-09-19-08-00-15-01-01.jpg

2 hours ago, samsclubPRESENTSavamax said:

The outfits are cute but I think she's probably going through something medically again. 😕

….you really think that very apparent hickey is a medical condition? Girl

8 hours ago, zombie girl said:

honestly i kind of wish sky just branded herself as an enigma at this point, like completely disappearing off of the face of the earth 3 years ago and not coming back until the album is DONE, has a release date, has a planned rollout. it’s just constantly disappointing now which is unfortunate because the silence and lack of releases could’ve actually been used in her favor to build some sort of image and even legacy, but it’s just false start after false start after false start. like look at artists like fiona apple, even lorde kind of, the silence and breaks between album cycles is part of their thing, it’s never disappointing or annoying because people accept that it’s just who they are as artists. i’m just stating the obvious when i say this, but masochism supposedly coming out every year is doing more damage than nothing ever being spoken about it, or at least nothing being spoken about it for a long time

Well I think the whole point is that those artists have the luxury of choosing to release their albums that way (I know Fiona has had label trouble in the past but still). Sky clearly wants to release the music that's why she's said every year its coming out because clearly that's her plan. She's said this many many times and explained how of course she wanted it to come out before turning 30 etc. It's clearly the label giving her these false starts. I know she's not entirely innocent and a perfectionist, but at the end of the day Capitol's men in suits clearly hold the keys to the gate... maybe one day she'll be lucky enough to actually choose to take breaks between releases or whatever 

1 hour ago, samsclubPRESENTSavamax said:

No, I am not the commenter who brought up her hickey. There are other things going on in the photoshoot besides her hickey, lmao.

Can you elaborate? I’m confused

42 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Can you elaborate? I’m confused

One of the commenters thinks this is essentially satire because she looks like when she dated the guy from DIIV, saying that it's a fake hickey. I think Sky was actually pissed when she got arrested for drugs because she lost jobs, so I do not think the new photos are referencing that. I don't think she's proud of that.

However, there was a period of time where she looked strung out or tired and the public would accuse her of using, to which Sky would claim that she's not putting out her album because she's sick and that she isn't on drugs. So when I say she looks sick or something medical I'm just trying to reiterate "well okay Sky says she's got a medical condition and it doesn't matter if it looks like drugs to us". People relapse, or "become ill again". 🤷‍♀️

reface-2022-09-19-08-00-15-01-01.jpg

3 hours ago, 99tears said:

Well I think the whole point is that those artists have the luxury of choosing to release their albums that way (I know Fiona has had label trouble in the past but still). Sky clearly wants to release the music that's why she's said every year its coming out because clearly that's her plan. She's said this many many times and explained how of course she wanted it to come out before turning 30 etc. It's clearly the label giving her these false starts. I know she's not entirely innocent and a perfectionist, but at the end of the day Capitol's men in suits clearly hold the keys to the gate... maybe one day she'll be lucky enough to actually choose to take breaks between releases or whatever 

the label is not resposible for her saying the album is coming out and in the same breath confirming that it isn't even finished yet tho

2 hours ago, samsclubPRESENTSavamax said:

One of the commenters thinks this is essentially satire because she looks like when she dated the guy from DIIV, saying that it's a fake hickey. I think Sky was actually pissed when she got arrested for drugs because she lost jobs, so I do not think the new photos are referencing that. I don't think she's proud of that.

However, there was a period of time where she looked strung out or tired and the public would accuse her of using, to which Sky would claim that she's not putting out her album because she's sick and that she isn't on drugs. So when I say she looks sick or something medical I'm just trying to reiterate "well okay Sky says she's got a medical condition and it doesn't matter if it looks like drugs to us". People relapse, or "become ill again". 🤷‍♀️

im just saying that it’s super weird for her to have a hickey in a photo shoot if it wasn’t intentional for some reason. But I also don’t see how anything about her look makes her look like she’s “relapsed”. I think the general consensus is that she looks great from what I’ve seen. So I was just confused on this take

So... Halsey has re-released her latest album twice already (tomorrow actually) and she has re-released some of her albums too with extra goodies. 

Why can't Capitol or Sky do the same when they know she has a big fanbase? 

Rerelease "As If" with extra tracks. 

Rerelease "Ghost" with extra tracks. 

Rerelease "NTMT" with the B-Sides tracks and a couple of new songs. 

Is it that hard? It's not like they are losing money on promo lol but every stream will earn them money. So it's a win win for everyone including the fans. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde