TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

2 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Sky said several years back that the album would mostly be electronic-based!

She also hinted at the possibility of a double album. So, in a hypothetical scenario where she actually does end up releasing Masochism, I'd be here for one half of it being the electronic/poppier bops and the other having more of a rock/grunge sound.

Hide contents

It makes me worried she hasn't mentioned the Rahki/Mike Dean collaborations in ages :ohno: they were originally hyped as main producers for the album (and she did a looot of songs with them)

As far as I know sky and Mike had some disagreement and he's no longer involved in the project since like 2018, but last year when he was sharing Lana's snippets somebody asked if he could share snippets of any masochism songs and he said that he couldn't do it without sky's permission 

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

Can't wait for her to tease March 2023 for nothing. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Ok, I just heard Don’t Forget on Spotify.

If her new album has that song I’m instantly preordering!

:crying5:

it's funny that you say that bc there's no new album 

55 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

Can't wait for her to tease March 2023 for nothing. 

Tbh it would be funny af

like, what's up w her and  march, like, what she likes sm about this month??????

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

Just now, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Forgot to archive this here, Instagram story from September 24th, 2022:

Sky-Ferreira-Dazed-Magazine-2022.jpg

MASOCHISM

do we have this pic untagged its so pretty

sky-ferreira-attends-the-2022-met-gala-c

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

I'm not really sure how it works but if sky is a known perfectionist, who tries every possible sound, does 100s of vocal takes, requires all sorts of help... that would require soo much money. VS spending on an artist who is easily satisfied with a lil pro tools bop and heads back out there swiftly. It makes sense that her dilemma is so brutal because the rewards don't seem clear. 

Obviously I think a label who is invested in cultivating sky and quality music so that there is better stuff circulating in the mix is important but again that seems so expensive. She really would need to hit the jackpot in order to do things on her terms to the degree that she requires. 

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

Today, Ferreira seems to be in a better place – or at least more optimistic. While she doesn’t give much away about the status of Masochism, she ensures that the long-awaited album is basically done, save for some final finishing touches. Once again, she has joined forces with Ariel Pink for production, as well as Primal Scream’s Bobby Gillespie and Mexican Summer’s Jorge Elbrecht (the mastermind behind “Don’t Forget” and her sweeping, 2019 chamber-pop single “Downhill Lullaby”). A video for “Don’t Forget” is also “definitely” on the way, but Ferreira grows visibly frustrated when talking about it – there’s still work to do. “It's my first music video in like seven or eight years, I just can’t let it just be okay,” the singer says. “It makes things weird for me because some people are just bound to be disappointed.”

10 minutes ago, AOK said:

Polydor??????

I found it weird too but maybe it's them the distributor on UK? Sky is Part of UMG? Idk