TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

SWAMPARELLA WAKE UPPP

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

1 hour ago, 111 said:

No one wants to wake up to the news I woke up to this morning. No one. I was preparing my coffee, turning on wi-fi and the first thing I read is: “Night Time My Time celebrates its 9th anniversary”. I blinked my eyes countless times and I went on Lanaboards just to see more and more posts about it. I couldn’t believe it. My Masochism dream was over and there I was at 8AM sitting in my kitchen looking at the screen of my iPhone.

I know this may sound a bit too much but… Yes. Tears started falling from my eyes and they wouldn’t stop. I don’t consider this to be an over dramatic reaction like many of you could easily consider. I look at it as unconditional love, dedication and passion. Something unexplainable, no one can translate love into words or even admiration. Some people get your attention and you don’t know why. And while I am fully aware that Sky Ferrari is not over, she is just a spoiled LA brat, I also am aware that she is once in a lifetime genius. It doesn’t matter how many times she lies. It doesn’t. She turned into strong and confident women and extremely inspirational.

And no. I am not turning my back on Sky. This was a rough decision but I know what it's like to be in a place where you don't belong or feel included and sometimes... It's better to just lie.

Yet, I always like to see things from the bright side and I am going to always support Sky Ferreira. She had an amazing and beautiful impact in my life.

Capitol Records… Good luck. Masochism... Rest in peace.

Sky… Thank You. You’ve given me the ultimate fan experience and you’ve been so inspirational.

xoxo 111

3 sentences in and i’m HOOKED… when is the book release miss thing :typewriter:

14417469274.gif

4 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Descending is coming I feel it

:duck:

im still waiting 4 a leak or a official release, i havent heard nothing from the live shows yet

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

4 minutes ago, highme said:

im still waiting 4 a leak or a official release, i havent heard nothing from the live shows yet

i listened to the live performance for the first time months ago but the chorus got stuck on my mind. I decided to not listen to it since then :rollin:

4 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

3 sentences in and i’m HOOKED… when is the book release miss thing :typewriter:

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Real and imaginary conversations with Sky Ferreira, a Memoir by LB User 111 available for Pre-Order now. Release date TBD. Simon and Scheuster have our backs!

:oprah4:

coming soon... but i haven't decided yet if it's gonna be a real soon or sky soon :nails: i need to collect all my posts from this thread and categorise them as chapters but might wait until descending is leaked... where is that melanie martinez stan to deliver? we waited enough, nothing is coming as wbk

On 10/28/2022 at 7:05 PM, letterblue said:

enough with placing the blame solely on Capitol and calling it "personal".... :facepalm: have y'all gone mad? imagine an entire label having a personal vendetta against one artist. she is NOT that girl! :toofunny: tragic and simply weird as fuck for you or anyone else to keep spouting this shit. 

Sky Ferreira TOLD a publication that SHE was editing the Don't Forget video HERSELF. she has provided no clear reason as to why the video has not been released. go ask her why the video isn't out and let's see if you get a response! :xgiggle:

Ya mad, rancid girl?

I have absolutely NO CLUE of why some of you get TRIGGERED when discussing someone with 1 (one) album and that has been just one giant example of label fuckery and mismanagement. An easy-and-quick Google can show you how some mammoths from the Music Industry were trapped in label hell for YEARS, including Sky Ferreira's own Fairy Godmother Michael Jackson; Then we have much more recent cases like JoJo, Kesha, Tinashe, Charli XCX and many other girls who signed contracts when they were underage and were put through HELL for no other reason than... you know, "because we can. You should have read the lines!"

It's pretty clear that any initial plan to sell Sky as a major pop artist backfired and, by that point (and I'm talking about 2011. 11 Years Ago) they already invested some great Million$$ on her. They literally had a full album ready for release, 3 music videos, she wasn't working with your next door Soundcloud producer but Dallas Austin and Bloodshy & Avant. It wasn't some sort of "She's cute, we're gonna give this bedroompop girl a chance!", No, it's a fact that SKY FERREIRA was a project that Capitol failed to manage and sell. Once the singles didn't stick, the debut album was shelved, she was put on the refrigerator and no one knew what to do anymore. I guess if you're soooooo entitled about label politics, you know that Major Labels are almost like Loans and artists are obligated to refund every penny invested on the process + have to make sure there's PROFIT. Sky Ferreira wasn't profitable, and then she started to take control and make sure that her music was aligned to her own taste, which meant a left turn over the sound instead of bright-shiny-electropop.

We heard from the horse's mouth that she had to foot the bill over Night Time My Time, and the lack of investment from Label resulted in no singles being promoted apart from You're Not the One and I Blame Myself (which, shocking, weren't pushed over Radio). The album was released without physical copies ready on the release date, and most of the material was released in batches mostly done over demand (so, yes, you can't buy a "Night Time My Time" Vinyl without giving your mortgage away because they were limited pressing in 2014 and then nothing else). She also said that the album being critically acclaimed and adored wasn't something that impressed them, or made them bown down and say "Ok, you were right", but more likely made them resentful that 21yo. Girl managed to put an album out without their hands. If that's not lowkey personal....

And of course, as my original post stated, there's no way she is a saint and shouldn't be blamed. Her "endless perfectionism" is still aggravating the process. But after all this time, she's been the one who actually put stuff on her soundcloud and performed unreleased content. She can be the one editing the music video just because they actually said "You know what? We are not paying anyone anymore to edit this just because you don't like it, lol" and that still doesn't mean she'll be able to release it without propper approval. She also said the music video has been done for 3 (over 4 now) months, so maybe you should send Capitol a DM on twitter asking where is it, since you're besties.

I swear it's fucking psychotic how some of you really want to undermine what it is like to be under a corporation and try to bash artists, mostly women, without giving it a second thought. 

:popcorn:

---

In other news, Happy Birthday Night Time My Time!! Few artists have such a bulletproof Debut album. Maybe because it was like the third album or so in the making, but you get it.

2 hours ago, DinahLee said:

Ya mad, rancid girl?

Then we have much more recent cases like JoJo, Kesha, Tinashe, Charli XCX and many other girls who signed contracts when they were underage and were put through HELL for no other reason than... you know, "because we can. You should have read the lines!"

first of all, hey stink!!! where did that immediate hostility/name calling come from…. should i get you a nurse? :lmao: weird as fuck honestly.

funny for you to mention those women as examples of mistreatment. what have the four of them continued to do throughout their careers even when they experienced that? :hooker:

and then to jump to insinuate that i and others are misogynistic? yeah you’re out of your rabid ass mind for sure. you don’t know shit about me. :oprah2: next time save your literal short essay for someone else, i simply don’t give a fuck.

the lengths some of you go to defend this entitled, lying narcissist... to compare her to real artists like jojo and charli who fought their way out of their label hell, while still releasing music for their fans while this brat just complains and plays the victim role perfectly on all the interviews she does. 

the way y'all consistently forget about her just recording songs that were already written and recorded by the producers and was significantly late to all of her live shows this year (capitol handcuffed her backstage?) with "sound issues" (capitol turned off her mic?), being unable to finish and release yet another video... what a perfectionist damn. please don't talk about a shitty record company fucking around a decade ago... we are talking about HER actions in 2022!

the way her label issues (no one's saying they aren't real) are the perfect excuse for her to exaggerate and use as her victim story in all the interviews and some of you refuse to see it. the way she said she was in a car accident and like 3 people was like hmm what and moved on, no evidence of it happening... 

gosh i wish i was mismanaged by my label so i could dramatise and use it as an excuse for the rest of my career for everything that goes wrong while taking all the credit for the things that are acclaimed, encouraging my gullible fans to blame everything on them.