TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Sky almost definitely doesn't have an account on here– but I think this confirms the theories about her lurking 😭 what are the odds after these last few pages she posts new Instagram snippets (I don't recall her doing that since like 2019) and with captions about someone at the label blocking her from releasing.

+ I know for a fact she used to read old forum threads about herself back in the day (but that was before LanaBoards was even created).

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

7 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Sky almost definitely doesn't have an account on here– but I think this confirms the theories about her lurking 😭 what are the odds after these last few pages she posts new Instagram snippets (I don't recall her doing that since like 2019) and with captions about someone at the label blocking her from releasing.

+ I know for a fact she used to read old forum threads about herself back in the day (but that was before LanaBoards was even created).

end our misery

Pls if she was reading this thread she would've been embarrassed of herself and would start to take action. There's no way she's that stupid :biblio:There's no way you're reading this thread about yourself and not feeling bad just a bit because it's one of the most sad and down bad threads ever :oprah2:

YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S CRYING TONIGHT :oprah4:

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

She seems angry, probably she had a meet with someone or her submissions were refused/ignored

Free Sky Ferreira on Twitter said that she's angry and telling lots of thing on their dms

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

13 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

She seems angry, probably she had a meet with someone or her submissions were refused/ignored

Free Sky Ferreira on Twitter said that she's angry and telling lots of thing on their dms

well? let's hear them... 111 is ready, is she? :sky:

Her stories suggest they kinda just ghost her instead of giving her a release date even though we know it’s been submitted so I guess that answers how they “block” the release? She complained about the same thing around this time last year about getting no date for Don’t Forget. Her vagueness over the years implied hostility/sensationalized the issue but now that we know it’s indifference from their behalf this isn’t hard to believe tbh? 

4 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

Her stories suggest they kinda just ghost her instead of giving her a release date even though we know it’s been submitted so I guess that answers how they “block” the release? She complained about the same thing around this time last year about getting no date for Don’t Forget. Her vagueness over the years implied hostility/sensationalized the issue but now that we know it’s indifference from their behalf this isn’t hard to believe tbh? 

She’s said mutiple times the album is finished and now she’s stated it’s not even written fully a month ago-which one is it? 

why would a label see an artist that has no hits or even a song over a million streams as a threat to major recording artists-she makes them a nice bit of revenue and is cheap to record so why block her album?

Im sorry I just don’t understand-who’s blocking what, more vagueness from her again. They didn’t push don’t forget as the lead for a hit surely because we all know she isn’t going to be massive at this point.

7 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

She’s said mutiple times the album is finished and now she’s stated it’s not even written fully a month ago-which one is it? 

why would a label see an artist that has no hits or even a song over a million streams as a threat to major recording artists-she makes them a nice bit of revenue and is cheap to record so why block her album?

Im sorry I just don’t understand-who’s blocking what, more vagueness from her again. They didn’t push don’t forget as the lead for a hit surely because we all know she isn’t going to be massive at this point.

The only other song submitted to Capitol as of August was “Descending”, she’s had enough time to turn in the actual album…my friend said he would let me know if he heard anything new regarding her & hasn’t told me anything since. She was recording at Capitol all throughout this year though, Pray For Rain was reworked

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

10 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I mean I am agreeing with you like I too am very skeptical about there being some big bad behind the scenes seeing anything related to Sky and going mwahahahaha how can I make her life harder. Them forgetting about her after shelving Crybaby/letting her go off and make NTMT on her own suggests they just don’t think about her which I buy more than her being specifically targeted.  

21 minutes ago, vitriolkisses said:

It’s a sad, but common trend for labels to shelve artists/make them do ridiculous things to finally get greenlit for release. I’m sure they hate her for being so outspoken, flaky, & anal. Record execs are crazy manipulative & abusive

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

This always reminds me of that scene in the Katy Perry Part of Me movie where she was signed to one label who didn't know how to market her and were afraid of letting her go in case she became a huge star and made millions for another label...so they kept her in limbo to benefit them, even if they weren't gonna release her music they didn't want anyone else doing it. So sick.

Ironically, I swear the label she eventually escaped and signed to was Capitol lol...but just shows labels are so evil and cruel and would rather destroy someone's life and career than risk losing money...